OT: Everything but Super C poutine thread

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In Argentina the octopus is dipped in a simmering pot of court bouillon for just a few seconds, removed and then placed back in the pot. Apparently this is a great help in keeping it tender. In parts of Europe, a used wine cork is added to the water/stock for the same reason.

Cooking it at a slow simmer for a few simmer makes the most tender Octo'

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Since no one's tackled fruit on a budget, here's simple one when you have fruit going soft or going bad in your fridge.

Usually I'll use peaches, strawbs, blueberries, melon. Clean and chop where required, put throw them in a tupperware, add a good quantity of Port to taste (no particular quantity) and sweeten with Stevia and/or juice. Use the cheapest bottle of Port you can find as if you're doing this regularly, you don't want to use an expensive bottle of Port.

Leave it closed in the tupperware for several hours in the fridge.

Later, when you wanna have it, shake it up lightly and enjoy, by dripping a little of the liquid that settles at the bottom. I prefer Stevia to sugar, just as sweet, no aftertaste and no calories. Easy-peazy. If you try it, let me know how you like it. Makes the blandest of fruits taste great.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I used to go to the Arahova location in the east end, that is now moved north of the Met on Langelier.

Is that the one you tried? I never ordered a pita there, used to like their lamb dish. I gotta go back, it's been too long.

Don't tell Lafleur's Guy, though -- the guy is training real hard. :D
I'll burn off the calories on the jog to Montreal.
There's actually one here in Calgary. I'll have to try it out.Thank you!
It's great. And they sell their maranades and sauces too. I also recommend the pita and hummus appetizer. Fattening but so good.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Any good poutine in the Ville-Marie/Centre-Sud/Hochelaga area?

I haven't found anything fantastic, yet, unfortunately. Maam bolduc is pretty good. Comptoir 21's is surprisingly good. Vegan gravy iirc, if that's a thing for you. Resto du village is a good option if you're in the area late, and the staff there are cool people.

Chez philippe get's a lot of love but is pretty meh, imo. Oh, and poutineville is the devil.

We don't have fantastic pizza, either. :/

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
And fried pickles. A little surprising, but makes for a nice change over the more standard options for junk food. :laugh:

I underestimated the size of a large portion there. Safe to say, I couldn't finish it. It was really good, but too much.

Don't underestimate the size of those take-out boxes.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Alright thanks guys I'll check this out!

The only place I've been with decent poutine close to my place is Poutine en Folie but you always need to ask for extra cheese otherwise it's meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad