Post-Game Talk: Everyone Was Off-Topic, A Predictable Result At The End Of The Day... (Preds 4-1 Habs)

POTG (05/01/2019)

• Total voters

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Nashville trap and wear you down.What a boring team and game.Habs do need a pure scorer though to break open garbage games like this.Saros had it way too easy. Tarasenko is available for a price.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Let's trade all of our best prospects and high draft picks, we are so close at being a top favorite.

We just cant compete against the big boys in this league.

You stand a better chance of drafting those type of players (plus cost control over many years) than the usual prohibitive cost of trading for them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I fell asleep, did we win?

9yusXbu.gif

I don't know. I'm watching the Oil vs. LAK and am looking for a glowing puck that isn't there.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
What a pathetic game. Imagine paying for that.

Also, Habs crowd has to be the most overrated in all of sports. They sit on their hands, they're on their phone and only make noise when the huge ass screen tells them. Basically, they're a louder crowd because it's the biggest damn arena in the league.

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
What a pathetic game. Imagine paying for that.

Also, Habs crowd has to be the most overrated in all of sports. They sit on their hands, they're on their phone and only make noise when the huge ass screen tells them. Basically, they're a louder crows because it's the biggest damn arena in the league.
Really can't fault any fanbase for not being enthusiastic about a team that's nothing special.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Pointless to be a PO team if you dont play like one no?
The Pens were hot garbage to start the year, not sure what was happening with them, but really, they were bad. Bruins had so many injuries. Vegas also struggled out of the gate.
That is true.

But hey, Habs are mediocre at best. What makes a team mediocre? Their inability to compete versus better opponents. That's why we are fighting for a last PO spot.

I don’t know what you’re fighting at this point. Reality, there’s people alright with accepting mediocrity. They don’t want a plan. Making the bubble until they die will always be enough with a few seasons where we finish in the bottom or near the top with no chance of actually winning a championship will keep them happy. This is what the Molson’s bank on.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Really can't fault any fanbase for not being enthusiastic about a team that's nothing special.

I come from another culture, maybe that's why I have a different point of view. I just think you should encourage your team, especially when things aren't going your way. Be f***ing loud.

Reactions: McTusk

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pointless to be a PO team if you dont play like one no?
The Pens were hot garbage to start the year, not sure what was happening with them, but really, they were bad. Bruins had so many injuries. Vegas also struggled out of the gate.
That is true.

But hey, Habs are mediocre at best. What makes a team mediocre? Their inability to compete versus better opponents. That's why we are fighting for a last PO spot.

Here's what I find hard to understand. Instead of giving Habs credit for winning those games, people take it away from them by saying the other team was bad at the time or they weren't in the playoffs at the time of the game.

If they won tonight, what would it be? They beat a playoff team or they beat a team that lost 7 of their last 9 games?

And by the way:

Pittsburgh won 6 of their first 10 games. Their struggles started in November. When Habs played them twice at the start of October, Pittsburgh was not into their struggles yet.

When Habs beat Bruins, there were no injuries. If anything, the real omission from that game is Weber.

The first game against Vegas, sure they weren't in the playoffs at the time. Habs were down 2-0 after one period and still found a way to win it. And even if at that moment, Vegas was below the playoff line, they're still a playoff team.

The Islanders aren't a playoff team now, but when Habs mounted the comeback and beat them in the shootout, they were a playoff team. Does that count?

Also, Vancouver isn't in the playoffs now, but when Montreal beat them in Vancouver, they were in the playoffs.

There are other examples for sure. But what matters more? The team is a playoff team overall in the season even if they're not in a playoff spot at the time of the game? Or it only matters if a team is a playoff team at the time of the game even if they're not in a playoff spot at this very moment?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad