Post-Game Talk: Everyone Was Off-Topic, A Predictable Result At The End Of The Day... (Preds 4-1 Habs)

POTG (05/01/2019)

• Total voters

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Last night we got really unlucky early on. Domi and Benn both hit the cross bar and Armia wasted his breakaway chance. Pretty unfortunate luck for us. We always hit the crossbar I find. It’s unlucky be we have to work through it. The effort also want there throughout the entire game. Mike Reilly needs to go as well. I’m sure we’ll bounce back just fine. We just came off of 7 wins in a 10 game stretch. GHG.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I was there and honestly couldn't disagree more. The crowd there reacts to stuff actually happening in a way only a few other places will because they are watching the game and know what they are watching. Also tonight I met a Canadian legend and icon:View attachment 172559

Bring back the Expos!!!View attachment 172561

I'm glad you had a good time. I didn't say a bad crowd, I said it's overrated. They're two distinct concepts.

I was expecting the place to be buzzing after Benn and Weber's hits but yeah, it does down directly. People were more interested to look at the screen to see if their face would pop up.

Reactions: ArtPeur
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I know Armia is clicking with his two fellow countrymen but he should be tried on the top line. He's a good puck retriever and bring much needed size to that Drouin-Domi line. Byron is better on an exploitation line, playing against lesser opponents.

Drouin-Domi-Armia
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Byron
Hudon-Chaput-Agostino

Would be my lines for next game.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Come in and sit down and tell us what happened to cause all of this, get it off your chest man.

zgb5d.gif

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Last night we got really unlucky early on. Domi and Benn both hit the cross bar and Armia wasted his breakaway chance. Pretty unfortunate luck for us. We always hit the crossbar I find. It’s unlucky be we have to work through it. The effort also want there throughout the entire game. Mike Reilly needs to go as well. I’m sure we’ll bounce back just fine. We just came off of 7 wins in a 10 game stretch. GHG.
Nothing to do with luck...we couldn’t skate with these guys

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

They did in the first period at least. You're bound to have bad games from time to time. It happens when you're a bubble team. If they play the game over the Habs might have won, it's asinine to act like any team in the league is that much better then any other team. I saw the Habs almost beat the Lightning a week ago with ahl goaltending and then saw them get beat by the Preds with Price playing well. It just happens sometimes. Lot of winnable games upcoming.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Positioning alone put them way ahead of us, Detroit gave them a hell of a game the night before, I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it but the habs were shutdown thoroughly and it was not even a contest. Everyone was bad against them.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The good news is that the stinkers are few and far between. Unlike last year where they were a regular occurrence. And the tendency shows that after they do stink the joint, they come back strong the next game, even if they end up losing that game, as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You have cap space, your owner is ready to pay, the Jets wants to shed salary.

Alot of posters here were saying To make that kind of move. With the cap space we have its just the logical thing To do..

It still takes someone to have those conversations with the other GM and to go for it. It's painful to give credit for good asset management, is it?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It still takes someone to have those conversations with the other GM and to go for it. It's painful to give credit for good asset management, is it?
he'd probably get some if he didnt act like an arrogant clown the first 6 years.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They did in the first period at least. You're bound to have bad games from time to time. It happens when you're a bubble team. If they play the game over the Habs might have won, it's asinine to act like any team in the league is that much better then any other team. I saw the Habs almost beat the Lightning a week ago with ahl goaltending and then saw them get beat by the Preds with Price playing well. It just happens sometimes. Lot of winnable games upcoming.
Would you say the Bolts played well versus us?
As you said, we are a bubble team, the Bolts and Preds aren't, play the games over...Those teams are still favored to win.
Point was, our loss to the Preds had nothing to do with luck. They played well and beat us fair and square.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
For me it was also the inability to skate through those guys. If we aren't clearly out skating an opponent the next element is the puck and or board battles. This bites us nine times out of ten with teams who want it as bad or more than we do.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
he'd probably get some if he didnt act like an arrogant clown the first 6 years.

I understand if people don't like the guy. But just as it's fair to criticize him for bad moves. I believe we should give him credit for the good ones.

I don't think that automatically makes you like the guy. To me, it's a question of being honest about it.

Reactions: Simarino

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I understand if people don't like the guy. But just as it's fair to criticize him for bad moves. I believe we should give him credit for the good ones.

I don't think that automatically makes you like the guy. To me, it's a question of being honest about it.
"should" does not exist, he's an ass. f*** him.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Nashville are a fringe cup contender and are ideally matched to squash a fast, high energy, *cough* small *cough*, team. They turned up and did their thing.....there's very little chance we beat that team with our current one if both teams are playing to 100%.

None of that is actually a problem, as they aren't in our conference and it's an 82 game season :)

Still, when we meet them in this season's SCF, we're doomed.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Last night we got really unlucky early on. Domi and Benn both hit the cross bar

hitting cross bars and posts is not bad luck, it means the goalie played the shot well and gave the shooter no room

those bars are part of the goalies equipment

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Nashville are a fringe cup contender and are ideally matched to squash a fast, high energy, *cough* small *cough*, team. They turned up and did their thing.....there's very little chance we beat that team with our current one if both teams are playing to 100%.

None of that is actually a problem, as they aren't in our conference and it's an 82 game season :)

If we make it to the SCF we can beat them

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I think Habs are better equipped to take them on this year. They crapped the bed on Saturday. Nashville played the perfect road game and gave nothing to the Habs.

The good news is that these types of performances are not the norm this year.

The reason I think they're better equipped to beat them is only by the fact that this year's team is better than last year's. And last year, they lost twice to the Preds in a shootout.

This is the logic I used. Maybe it's flawed. For all we know, next time they play, Preds will make mince meat out of them again. But I see that Habs have more fight in them this season, which is why I see them giving Preds a tougher time.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
I think Habs are better equipped to take them on this year. They crapped the bed on Saturday. Nashville played the perfect road game and gave nothing to the Habs.

The good news is that these types of performances are not the norm this year.

The reason I think they're better equipped to beat them is only by the fact that this year's team is better than last year's. And last year, they lost twice to the Preds in a shootout.

This is the logic I used. Maybe it's flawed. For all we know, next time they play, Preds will make mince meat out of them again. But I see that Habs have more fight in them this season, which is why I see them giving Preds a tougher time.

I agree that we're certainly a much improved proposition this year - I just think that Nashville's particular makeup and style are well suited to getting results against against us.....more a credit (through very gritted teeth) for the Preds than a debit on us, I'm if honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad