Post-Game Talk: EVERYBODY PANIC (or not), Hawks lose in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
It's not how many goals we score, it's when we score them, and quite often who scores them. At crunch time it can be the bottom 6 that get key goals when needed most. If you think this team can rely strictly on our top 6 to score all year and in the PO's, you're mistaken. We need a guy like BB to be playing confident hockey, not getting frustrated playing with slugs... and for the ops to be aware that he is a threat. As I said earlier, hopefully Versteeg can fill some of that void and will gain some good chemistry with BB and Shaw. We will need it.

I don't think our top 2 lines can carry us all the way, but with the injury situation I am fairly confident the bottom lines (or at least the 3rd) will be productive. For now I am not too worried about who is playing 3rd line because to be honest with the injuries to Hoss and Bicks we don't have any great options. Morin is not going to carry that line to huge production at this point, no one available is. All i said was I am way more concerned with our poor play in our zone and the PK. We won plenty of low scoring games, get the mistakes in our zone shorted and we don't need huge production from each line every night. 3rd line will probably give us little to nothing if Hoss iand Bicks are out.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm here all the time Ike, commenting on pretty much everything about this team ..... not only when the Maple Leafs or Stalberg's name is mentioned. So who is the Hawk fan and who is the hater?

Retail1LO*

It's easy to look at our record and say 14-4-4...that's good. But when you realize we're two points outside of 8th place, you realize how ridiculous this conference is. There are a ton of good teams in our conference. It's going to be a battle all year. That said, losing will happen. But the nature in which we've lost the Colorado and Nashville games is a bit bothersome. Our defense has got to wake the **** up. Only Edmonton and Calgary, the two dregs of the conference, have given up more goals than the Hawks. Only 6 teams leaguewide have given up more. That just cannot persist. Only the Islanders are worse on the penalty kill. THAT cannot persist. Our only saving grace thus far is we lead the league in goals per game.

Any time you're the worst or near the bottom of such vital defensive categories, there are some significant alarm bells ringing. We need to fix **** on the back end or this first place fantasy is going to come to an end sooner rather than later.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I'm here all the time Ike, commenting on pretty much everything about this team ..... not only when the Maple Leafs or Stalberg's name is mentioned. So who is the Hawk fan and who is the hater?

Sample of your comments on the Hawks:

"Our powerplay is good, but it would be better with Stalberg on it."

"Why is our penalty killing so bad? Because we lost Stalberg, that's why."

"Sharp would be scoring a lot more goals early in the season if only we had Stalberg."

"Crawford's performance has been off and on. It's probably because he doesn't have Stalberg in front of him."

"The Hawks should have fired Quenneville for benching Stalberg in the playoffs."

(any time Kruger is mentioned)"STALBERG STALBERG STALBERG STALBERG STALBERG!"

"Hossa's injury hurts the Hawks badly. They will really wish they still had Stalberg back now."

"Why do we have Bollig in the lineup? This spot should be reserved for Stalberg!"

"Brookbank is nowhere near the winger that was Stalberg. Fire Bowman!"

"Our faceoff percentage is atrocious. We were much better on faceoffs when we had Stalberg."

(any time someone else brings up Stalberg or his miserable performances in playoffs or this season)"KRUGER KRUGER KRUGER KRUGER KRUGER KRUGER!"

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Sample of your comments on the Hawks:

"Our powerplay is good, but it would be better with Stalberg on it."

"Why is our penalty killing so bad? Because we lost Stalberg, that's why."

"Sharp would be scoring a lot more goals early in the season if only we Stalberg."

"Crawford's performance has been off and on. It's probably because he doesn't have Stalberg in front of him."

"The Hawks should have fired Quenneville for benching Stalberg in the playoffs."

(any time Kruger is mentioned)"STALBERG STALBERG STALBERG STALBERG STALBERG!"

"Hossa's injury hurts the Hawks badly. They will really wish they still had Stalberg back now."

"Why do we have Bollig in the lineup? This spot should be reserved for Stalberg!"

"Brookbank is nowhere near the winger that was Stalberg. Fire Bowman!"

"Our faceoff percentage is atrocious. We were much better on faceoffs when we had Stalberg."

(any time someone else brings up Stalberg or his miserable performances in playoffs or this season)"KRUGER KRUGER KRUGER KRUGER KRUGER KRUGER!"

...what?

SLarmer28*

Huh, Stalberg debates will never leave this team.
Stalberg's playoff performances or lack thereof speak for themselves. That's why players such as Stalberg and Brouwer are no longer on the Chicago Blackhawks.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

SLarmer28*

Stalberg started the year with an injury and has played 7 less games. Also plays for that dynamic offensive team called Nashville.
I could care less about the excuses for Viktor Stalberg. Incidentally, Stalberg has already been benched by Nashville coach Barry Trotz.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005

I did not think I was being particularly subtle. Everything that happened that was good on the Hawks before this season is a direct result of having Stalberg on the team. Since he has left, everything that has happened that is bad on the Hawks is a direct result of NOT having Stalberg on the team.

I can't think of why Bobby hasn't moved over to the Predators board where his favorite player resides. He can discuss how Stalberg and his 4 points (tied for 373rd in the league) has totally transformed the Predators' offense (currently running 24th in the league) and boosted their playoff prospects (currently 12th in the conference).

SLarmer28*

I did not think I was being particularly subtle. Everything that happened that was good on the Hawks before this season is a direct result of having Stalberg on the team. Since he has left, everything that has happened that is bad on the Hawks is a direct result of NOT having Stalberg on the team.

I can't think of why Bobby hasn't moved over to the Predators board where his favorite player resides. He can discuss how Stalberg and his 4 points (tied for 373rd in the league) has totally transformed the Predators' offense (currently running 24th in the league) and boosted their playoff prospects (currently 12th in the conference).
The loss of Ray Emery has had a greater effect on the Chicago Blackhawks this season than the loss of Viktor Stalberg.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Bobby and MM are two posters I've hardly agreed with the majority of the time.

Posts like yours are nonsensical. Neither have claimed everything you've accused them of.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Stalberg started the year with an injury and has played 7 less games. Also plays for that dynamic offensive team called Nashville.

And Kruger plays exclusively on the 4th line with Bollig and Smith/Nordstrom and spends a large chunk of his TOI killing penalties.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Bobby and MM are two posters I've hardly agreed with the majority of the time.

Posts like yours are nonsensical. Neither have claimed everything you've accused them of.

That's why its called hyperbole. A natural extension of what they DO claim Stalberg was responsible for.

I mean, come on. Stalberg is on an AHLer pace, the Hawks are leading the conference and lead the league in goals scored and this guy is still going to come in here and tell us that the Hawks "miss Stalberg". It's laughable. He needs to get over it. He was wrong, and that's that. Move on. Stalberg has, Bobby needs to too. The book is closed. He (Stalberg) has been weighed, measured, and found wanting. Stop bringing him up like he was some kind of key to the Hawks puzzle rather than the forgettable bad player he was. Or just limit comparisons to the closest thing to his importance level on the Hawks - Bollig, who Stalberg was benched for in the playoffs and who is in fact outscoring him this season.

He's been spouting his BS long enough, depending on people being tired of his neverending Stalberg sputtering to call him on it. Well, now he brought him up with no provocation, and he's going to have to defend his stance.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
First chance I've had to watch the game from last night, and although the score looks really bad, Colorado was VERY LUCKY in the first period. I actually thought we looked pretty good through most of the first but 2 ******** bounces, and one play where Colorado made a nice pass made all of the difference. The PP actually looked good outside of Keith who continues to sabotage the first unit (our GM needs to step in here, it's beyond ridiculous at this point). I thought we controlled most of the flow for the first period, but once the 3 goal went in that was kind of it.

Since I have to get up early I didn't watch the rest of the game to know exactly what happened, but this wasn't quite the turd (at least in the first) that the Nashville game was. Crawford has 3 GA and got pulled but he had absolutely no chance on any of those plays. You could say the first goal was his fault as he did a poor job of playing the puck (he has NOT been good playing the puck the last 2 weeks), but Seabs compounded it with a bad pass (it took a really bad bounce but he still through that at a bad angle). Just one of those periods where every break went against the Hawks.

Holy **** is MacKinnon fast.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I find the Stalberg hate so unnecessary. But for others to say that his absence has any *serious* negative impact on the team...I mean, come on...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
That's why its called hyperbole. A natural extension of what they DO claim Stalberg was responsible for.

I mean, come on. Stalberg is on an AHLer pace, the Hawks are leading the conference and lead the league in goals scored and this guy is still going to come in here and tell us that the Hawks "miss Stalberg". It's laughable. He needs to get over it. He was wrong, and that's that. Move on. Stalberg has, Bobby needs to too. The book is closed. He (Stalberg) has been weighed, measured, and found wanting. Stop bringing him up like he was some kind of key to the Hawks puzzle rather than the forgettable bad player he was. Or just limit comparisons to the closest thing to his importance level on the Hawks - Bollig, who Stalberg was benched for in the playoffs and who is in fact outscoring him this season.

He's been spouting his BS long enough, depending on people being tired of his neverending Stalberg sputtering to call him on it. Well, now he brought him up with no provocation, and he's going to have to defend his stance.

A ridiculous and over the top extension I'll give you...

Stalberg is a better hockey player than Brandon Bollig.

I don't miss him, he's overpaid, and I have no idea why a team that plays a defensive system like Nashville does would want him. He's a waste there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad