Post-Game Talk: EVERYBODY PANIC (or not), Hawks lose in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
The Hawks tilted the ice after the 1st period, but the Avs still ended up with more pucks in the net.

member 151739

Whenever we play the Avalanche or Oilers, in the back of my mind I expect a blowout. Still frustrating to see it happen. Horrible effort to start the 1st, but the Hawks dominated the majority of the game. It was one of those games where nothing went our way.

SLarmer28*

Quite embarrassing!

Chicago Blackhawks outscored 12-3 in the last two road games against division opponents.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Someone needs to be.. fired? Yeah, that's it - fired.

And yes, I did mean that literally.

Crawford, lookin at you bud.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Before all the freakout posts commence: Shots 37-23. 40 minutes of the game were played entirely in the Avalanche end. No puck luck, bad TOs to get us in a hole.

Pirri was good, Smith had his best game of the season. It's just one of those nights. The Predators game was much worse.

Good sign for our season... we got run by the Avs last year and won a cup. Hope Bickell is OK but I have to think Morin is on his way to the airport now to meet the team.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I missed most of the game, but after seeing the highlights Crawford got screwed over. Some of those turnovers leading to goals were brutal. But putting in Raanta was the right move

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I meant someone literally needs to be fired. As in with fire.

It's the only way folks.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 6m
#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said Bryan Bickell could be out "a bit" w/injury. Hawks may need to make move, but salary cap an issue.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 11m
Bryan Bickell could be a little more than day to day with lower-body injury. Salary cap will play into any #Blackhawks callup, Q says.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 7m
Q: "We definitely have business decisions along with economic decisions and hockey decisions and getting the right fit." #Blackhawks

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 6m
#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said Bryan Bickell could be out "a bit" w/injury. Hawks may need to make move, but salary cap an issue.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 11m
Bryan Bickell could be a little more than day to day with lower-body injury. Salary cap will play into any #Blackhawks callup, Q says.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 7m
Q: "We definitely have business decisions along with economic decisions and hockey decisions and getting the right fit." #Blackhawks

Well the first decision should be to send Brookbank down and call up an actual forward.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
RE: my Bickell comment at the end of the game thread I had missed the game, and was speaking more generally about his effort- didnt realize he missed most of the game. Sounds like he had a reason for being invisible tonight though

And re: business decisions that have to be made, maybe with Steeger back we can look at moving Bickell. His contract makes me ill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad