Post-Game Talk: EVERYBODY PANIC (or not), Hawks lose in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Some perspective after 2 out of 3 bad games:

The top of the Western Conference features the Ducks who are 0-3-2 in their last 5.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't think our top 2 lines can carry us all the way, but with the injury situation I am fairly confident the bottom lines (or at least the 3rd) will be productive. For now I am not too worried about who is playing 3rd line because to be honest with the injuries to Hoss and Bicks we don't have any great options. Morin is not going to carry that line to huge production at this point, no one available is. All i said was I am way more concerned with our poor play in our zone and the PK. We won plenty of low scoring games, get the mistakes in our zone shorted and we don't need huge production from each line every night. 3rd line will probably give us little to nothing if Hoss iand Bicks are out.

I hear what you are saying – I guess deep down, I long for the team to be more like our 2010 team that could win any way, any how, and never considered themselves out of a game. They had that cocky winning attitude and confidence, and with it at least 3 lines capable of burying the puck at any time. Right now, we see hints of that cockiness and the season is long, we may get there yet. In the game against Avs, Bollig and I think it was Ben Smith both had glorious chances to get us back into it (the score was 3 – 0 at the time). We bury one or both and the game turns right around.
Not sure about him but Versteeg looks like he has not lost his quickness and could turn out to be a missing ingredient. He certainly will have the incentive after what he has been through … perhaps Morin as well if he can grasp the bottom 6 role that seems to be his only option. I also don’t mind if Q moves Saad back there when we are healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad