Ever heard of Mats Zuccarello?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
thats naaaaaaaasty, he'll make 20+ plays a year just like this one where Kreider/Step/Nash wont bury and they'll never be brought up again, glad you pointed this one out
Yup. I don't know how many times it has been mentioned on NYR HF that "if Zuccarello's teammates could just score on some of the dozen excellent plays he made, he would have like 5 assists these last 4 games. Now he has zero, because they fanned on all of them."

NYR really lack a quality sniper. They just amass their chances into goals.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Who?

If I haven't heard of him he must be trash.

I thought not, he's not a player the North American media would tell you about. It's a Norwegian legend. Mats Zuccarello was a winger for the New York Rangers. So small and so fast he could use the force to influence the puck to score and create...goals.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I haven't seen him involved in almost any post whistle scrums since after a slap shot fractured his skull about 3 seasons ago.

He doesn't even initiate it, but if someone shoves he doesn't back down and shoves them back. So i'm not even sure what that poster is talking about.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
When he had his fantastic season last year, it's all anyone talked about on the main board. It's the main board, if you want to talk about him, make a thread like this, but it then opens up for "why is this not on the Rangers board?" posts.

Dude is a solid player for his size, consistent 50+ guy.

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
#36Zuuuuc

Wish he would of come to US sooner, but i'm really glad NYR got him. Hope he stays a Ranger for life. He certainly seems to want it.

And i hope he turns it on during this years playoff. His form is on the rise at the moment

Last edited:

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Not a fan of his after the whistle antics...always trying to shove someone/play tough in a scrum, you're 5'7 170 lbs what are you realistically gonna do to any of these 6'+ 200 lbs+ guys lol

Then you dont watch him play. He very rarely if ever starts any type of scrum but he always and i mean always answers if someone else starts pushing him etc.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
The thing about Zuccarello which i dont think alot of people know is how damn good he is defensively. One of the main reasons for why NYR are as good as they are 5V5. Panthers announcers talked about it when we played them a month ago or something when i had to watch their broadcast. He is a backchecking machine, top 5 in takeaways among forwards in the NHL(top 6 overall) and he does it all.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
He doesn't even initiate it, but if someone shoves he doesn't back down and shoves them back. So i'm not even sure what that poster is talking about.

Bingo. He doesnt start scrums, he just doesnt back down if someone starts pushing him etc.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Not an elite player but a darn good player and person. He is a guy every coach would want and most guys would like to play with on their line. He is even better off the ice than he is on the ice. He may not be an all star but he sure finds ways to make big contributions to his team. Took multiple below market deals because he loves being a Ranger.

nasmis

Feb 1, 2011
Regarding playoff stats, I think this was a pretty nice playoff contribution:

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Pat Limoncello? Never heard of the guy.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He puts up some nice points now, but he's too small to ever do that in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad