Post-Game Talk: *Even Longer Fart Noise*

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think Matthews passes him before Christmas - probably by next week.

The problem isn't his one timer - it's between his ears. Maybe he should see a sports shrink.
If we miss the playoffs or get swept in the first round, I could see Draisaitl quietly asking for a trade. Definitely not flashy or big but I could see him wanting out.
He deserves better than playing second fiddle to McDavid constantly and not even winning while doing so.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If we miss the playoffs or get swept in the first round, I could see Draisaitl quietly asking for a trade. Definitely not flashy or big but I could see him wanting out.
He deserves better than playing second fiddle to McDavid constantly and not even winning while doing so.

lol, I'd say nope and you can stay in Germany for the year and forfeit 8.5 million in salary if you want but there is 0 chance of a trade and I would say that comes straight down from ownership.

He won't do that though, Leon isn't that type. He wouldn't be the player he is if he was a quitter.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

why they gotta lie like this

I wish the media would just...not even asks questions like this. Players are absolutely not going to answer any other way.
Its just a waste of a question and gives people ammo like "They believe in the group" and its like. f***, even if they didn't you will never get one of them to say it publically.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
lol, I'd say nope and you can stay in Germany for the year and forfeit 8.5 million in salary if you want but there is 0 chance of a trade and I would say that comes straight down from ownership.

He won't do that though, Leon isn't that type.
I mean, I could see him still playing it out. By quiet trade question I mean like "Hey, I don't want to be here anymore and I am giving you lots of notice that I will absolutely not be resigning here. If you want to trade me to get some assets, please do. If not I will play out the contract and try my best"

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I mean, I could see him still playing it out. By quiet trade question I mean like "Hey, I don't want to be here anymore and I am giving you lots of notice that I will absolutely not be resigning here. If you want to trade me to get some assets, please do. If not I will play out the contract and try my best"
Not a chance. This kind of talk comes around every time we have a losing streak or suck in the playoffs.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I wish the media would just...not even asks questions like this. Players are absolutely not going to answer any other way.
Its just a waste of a question and gives people ammo like "They believe in the group" and its like. f***, even if they didn't you will never get one of them to say it publically.
Very true. What’s he supposed to say “yep trade yams we need some goals and we can dump Koskinen as well”

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

And I would say to both him and Connor ... no chance. You can either stay home and forfeit salary or come and play and we will trade every 1st rounder we have until your contract is up to get you help.

They are not built that way though.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Lol I wish one of the players just came out and said our goaltending is embarrassing.
There were reports that back in 2006, Chris Pronger was complaining about our goaltending in a not so subtle way. The team was outshooting and outplaying other teams in a lot of games, and the results just weren't there due to inadequate goaltending (apparently Ty Conklin wasn't the answer). So Klowe went out and moved a 1st rounder for Minnesota's 1B or 1A (however you want to look at it) for Roli at the deadline, and the rest is history.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And he'll be Yamamoto 2.0

Makes you wonder how in the world this bottom 6:

Pouliot Letestu Kassian
Slepyshev Caggiula Pitlick/Henricks

Ever got it done, but they did apparently. And Pouliot was really bad that year too.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Campbell looks like the same player that swept us 3 straight last year
I don't want to rub salt into the wounds but in that 3 game sweep the Leafs used 3 different goalies. We got rid of the one you guys managed to get a goal against.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Makes you wonder how in the world this bottom 6:

Pouliot Letestu Kassian
Slepyshev Caggiula Pitlick/Henricks

Ever got it done, but they did apparently. And Pouliot was really bad that year too.
Letesticle had an out of body year, and the others just held their own.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This team will get some swagger back when Smith returns. They have zero faith in Koskinen. They should have found any way to get rid of him last off-season since the players don’t have faith in him. That was one of Holland’s biggest mistakes this past off-season.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
This team will get some swagger back when Smith returns. They have zero faith in Koskinen. They should have found any way to get rid of him last off-season since the players don’t have faith in him. That was one of Holland’s biggest mistakes this past off-season.
im sorry but you're deluded if you think having Smith will make a difference to this team

only difference is Smith will scream and shout calling out our shit defenders

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
im sorry but you're deluded if you think having Smith will make a difference to this team

only difference is Smith will scream and shout calling out our shit defenders

He turned the season around last year ... it's sad this "team" needs a 40 year old to come bail them out for the 2nd year in a row.

This isn't really a "team" ... it's McDavid, Draisaitl, Talbot (when good)/Smith (when good) and then maybe two or three other guys comes along for the ride (Maroon/Hyman, Puljujarvi/Eberle, Nurse/Klefbom).

But the rest of the "team" is a bunch of vanishing acts.

They just ride McDrai + goalie to a good regular season record and then fold.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
He can pull his head from his ass before he thinks of asking for a trade.

Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad