Post-Game Talk: *Even Longer Fart Noise*

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There was like one person pounding on the glass yesterday during the pregame Connor McDavid presser. lol, couple weeks ago people were lined up deep in frivolity.

how much things change

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
All this negative talk

here’s something positive. I just ordered Carl’s Jr
Western thick burger and poutine. Oh ya!

And ya ya…. “Tyler you’re fat, and your diet sucks”

there saved some of you the trouble of telling me this.

Anyway back to how bad the oilers suck.
You ever do the splits on the counter because your order is taking too long to prepare?

Reactions: tardigrade81

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
There was like one person pounding on the glass yesterday during the pregame Connor McDavid presser. lol, couple weeks ago people were lined up deep in frivolity.

how much things change

Things change but Mc-D is still one of the best players in the world.

It's frustrating how even very good players in Edmonton have to contend with management teams that can't seem to get it done.

The guy looks frustrated as hell but so would anyone else when you are stuck with some of the plumbers that he has to work with.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
The 2026 season is the one where we are without McDavid. 4.5 seasons left to win with him… because who would stay with this shit show organization when you have a choice? Take the money and run Connor, save yourself. Edmonton is forsaken
f***

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not sure what's wrong with Draisaitl but it's extremely disconcerting.

These "doldrums" reoccur this time every year, but this is the worst I've seen it. Regardless of how bad things are, as a professional athlete, you need to keep pushing, you need to give an honest effort every night. You don't see other stars, Matthews, Ovechkin, MacKinnon, Kucherov, etc. act like that for a month or so every year.

Although the team's losing, you'd think he'd at least give a shit about the scoring race which he's about to surrender very shortly and doesn't seem slightly concerned about. Or, more importantly, helping your team win. He talks about how important the Stanley Cup is and yet he goes through these "spells."

This is his eighth year in the league and completely unacceptable at this juncture of his career. You would think he'd work on overcoming this issue by now. He talks about how hard he works every summer and how motivated he is to improve, well, start with improving your attitude, maturity level, and give-a-f***. Otherwise, your words are hollow, empty shells.

Someone mentioned injuries or illness, but I don't think that's the case. If it is, Tippett should force him to sit out until he recovers. It's not like we're doing well these days with him on the ice anyways.

I'm a little pissed he spent his day off Sunday skiing when he should have been engaging in self-reflection or visiting a sports shrink. It's almost like he's content to collect a paycheque and have fun away from the rink.

I have a feeling what ails him lies between his ears and nothing else. But I'm no expert...

It's the same person with that narrative every December or whenever Drai goes into a slump.:thumbd:;):huh: And it's okay for him to basically just "give up and not give a shit" because others on the team are struggling. I saw a player last night that missed a gimme in the first period (set up by the much mailgned Nuge)that would have finally given us that much sought after lead, and then take a late period selfish O-zone penalty that resulted in a Leafs PP go ahead goal. And then later in the 3rd missed the net from 10 feet in front. When he's skating and he's "on", he is excellent, but this disinterest and slowdown seems to happen this time every year. I would predict right now that by Christmas, Matthews will have caught him in the goal department and blows by him.

Reactions: Duke74

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Alright, so I pretty much skipped the last half of the game last night, when it became clear that the Oilers were going to lose. But there's no way they should've been down 3-0 in that game. They should've been up a couple of goals last night, were it not for poor execution and some big saves from Campbell, and the defence looked miles better with Keith back (again, for the portion of the game that I watched). I think they'll turn it around. Pucks will start going in, Smith will stabilize the goaltending (I think Skinner ends up being the backup), and they'll make the playoffs. This is a horrendous stretch, but I do think they'll start winning again soon.

Reactions: TB12

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This year is when it hit for me. I hated a bunch of moves but thought maybe the forward depth can make up for it but here we are.
I don’t think I can watch this team anymore if they miss the playoffs. Might just become a no team fan or something.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
It's the same person with that narrative every December or whenever Drai goes into a slump.:thumbd:;):huh: And it's okay for him to basically just "give up and not give a shit" because others on the team are struggling. I saw a player last night that missed a gimme in the first period (set up by the much mailgned Nuge)that would have finally given us that much sought after lead, and then take a late period selfish O-zone penalty that resulted in a Leafs PP go ahead goal. And then later in the 3rd missed the net from 10 feet in front. When he's skating and he's "on", he is excellent, but this disinterest and slowdown seems to happen this time every year. I would predict right now that by Christmas, Matthews will have caught him in the goal department and blows by him.

I think Matthews passes him before Christmas - probably by next week.

The problem isn't his one timer - it's between his ears. Maybe he should see a sports shrink.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad