Post-Game Talk: *Even Longer Fart Noise*

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Tippett is so dumb he finally gets called out by the kiddie gloves Edmonton media over Yamamoto so now he may actually make a change there rather than being smart enough to recognize that on his own.

How do you stay on a 2nd line this long even after 3 games without a shot on goal? Is this coach even watching these games?

Reactions: Duke74

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
All this negative talk

here’s something positive. I just ordered Carl’s Jr
Western thick burger and poutine. Oh ya!

And ya ya…. “Tyler you’re fat, and your diet sucks”

there saved some of you the trouble of telling me this.

Anyway back to how bad the oilers suck.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Was close to ordering a subscription to the NHL streaming service, but backed out at the last minute because this team has stabbed me in the back far too many times to waste a cent on them. Glad I didn’t. Hope this losing streak goes over 11 and Holland is trashed, what f***ing loser of a GM. I blame him more than than the coaching staff - his short sightedness has sewered another season. Great goalie signings you f***ing MORON.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Shore was the signing where so many people defended it because whatever it can be buried it doesn't matter. The problem was that it showed Tippett and Holland didn't have a clue about what a good hockey player is and just liked guys that looked like they were trying hard. It would have taken 3 minutes to check out his boxscores, possession metrics and scoring chance differential to know he was one of the worst players in the league last year.

It didn't even take that. he makes own zone plays that make me pull the remaining hair I have out of my skull. 10 cent hockey IQ term applies. This is a guy that might resemble an NHL player on a breakaway or in a beer league. Put him in his own zone and he's inexplicable. Like a random play generator. Then he takes bad own zone penalties like last night.

Reactions: The Safe Play

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Not sure what's wrong with Draisaitl but it's extremely disconcerting.

These "doldrums" reoccur this time every year, but this is the worst I've seen it. Regardless of how bad things are, as a professional athlete, you need to keep pushing, you need to give an honest effort every night. You don't see other stars, Matthews, Ovechkin, MacKinnon, Kucherov, etc. act like that for a month or so every year.

Although the team's losing, you'd think he'd at least give a shit about the scoring race which he's about to surrender very shortly and doesn't seem slightly concerned about. Or, more importantly, helping your team win. He talks about how important the Stanley Cup is and yet he goes through these "spells."

This is his eighth year in the league and completely unacceptable at this juncture of his career. You would think he'd work on overcoming this issue by now. He talks about how hard he works every summer and how motivated he is to improve, well, start with improving your attitude, maturity level, and give-a-f***. Otherwise, your words are hollow, empty shells.

Someone mentioned injuries or illness, but I don't think that's the case. If it is, Tippett should force him to sit out until he recovers. It's not like we're doing well these days with him on the ice anyways.

I'm a little pissed he spent his day off Sunday skiing when he should have been engaging in self-reflection or visiting a sports shrink. It's almost like he's content to collect a paycheque and have fun away from the rink.

I have a feeling what ails him lies between his ears and nothing else. But I'm no expert...

Reactions: DerpMorg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Dude Bear is irrelevant. The guy doesn’t even do anything good or bad. The only time I noticed him was when he got walked by McDavid and a couple other player. Guy is overrated as hell

He played 10mins. He's a bit player in Carolina. Even in that time he got completely walked by McDrai, Pulju, and Drai sheltered the puck effortlessly from Bear. From Bears own accounts he can't defend any of these guys. He was -1 on a stupid pinch where he wasn't even chasing the puck. he was chasing a hit on Darnell Nurse. Must be some backstory there..

Plus this was the good Bear that was trying to impress back in Edmonton in front of friends and family. Watch his play drop off in time.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This team anytime I hope that this year might be different, that this might finally be becoming a team...

I blame myself by now. 368X bitten...

iu-27.jpeg

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
At
As you know I'm the biggest Drai fan on the board. By the end of this game, hell by the 2nd period something was wrong with him. People talk about the no skating, but tonight he was standing straight up standing and coasting. he had surrendered the game, or he's hurt, or he has Covid. What would be the worst news. Did you see Drai at end of game? have you ever seen him look that defeated? I never have.

I agree that McDrai carry the show always. This is the first time I've felt that they are communicating they're done doing it. I've never seen this Drai before.

I mean at what point do these two just say f*** it. Its what I'm wondering now.

I think the breaker was the Bruins game. McDrai had worked miles to try to get the game to 2-2. to try to get a result. Then they send RNH, Yama and Hyman out there and watch a complete clusterf*** shift hemmed in for a minute allowing 5 bruins scoring chances until finally they scored the winner.

The 2nd line get one shift and they're incapable. What kind of message does that send. My assessment is the message is it doesn't matter, ultimately, what McDrai do. The other lines erase it. Even if its Nuge, Hyman, and Yama together. Getting bent silly.

At no point should any athlete quit. Or say F it. Especially professional ones making millions of dollars.

That's why you negotiate contracts. Yes they DID sign up for this. Good and bad. If they feel like they're done then when contract is up look elsewhere.

I get the frustration but as a leader he's supposed to be part of the solution.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not sure what's wrong with Draisaitl but it's extremely disconcerting.

These "doldrums" reoccur this time every year, but this is the worst I've seen it. Regardless of how bad things are, as a professional athlete, you need to keep pushing, you need to give an honest effort every night. You don't see other stars, Matthews, Ovechkin, MacKinnon, Kucherov, etc. act like that for a month or so every year.

Although the team's losing, you'd think he'd at least give a shit about the scoring race which he's about to surrender very shortly and doesn't seem slightly concerned about. Or, more importantly, helping your team win. He talks about how important the Stanley Cup is and yet he goes through these "spells."

This is his eighth year in the league and completely unacceptable at this juncture of his career. You would think he'd work on overcoming this issue by now. He talks about how hard he works every summer and how motivated he is to improve, well, start with improving your attitude, maturity level, and give-a-f***. Otherwise, your words are hollow, empty shells.

Someone mentioned injuries or illness, but I don't think that's the case. If it is, Tippett should force him to sit out until he recovers. It's not like we're doing well these days with him on the ice anyways.

I'm a little pissed he spent his day off Sunday skiing when he should have been engaging in self-reflection or visiting a sports shrink. It's almost like he's content to collect a paycheque and have fun away from the rink.

I have a feeling what ails him lies between his ears and nothing else. But I'm no expert...

I think it's a byproduct of zero team depth. Both he and McDavid expend so much energy in October and November that there seems to be a let down in December. Not the first time this has happened either, but it's pretty damning that the "team" keeps going through this over and over again.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
At

At no point should any athlete quit. Or say F it. Especially professional ones making millions of dollars.

That's why you negotiate contracts. Yes they DID sign up for this. Good and bad. If they feel like they're done then when contract is up look elsewhere.

I get the frustration but as a leader he's supposed to be part of the solution.

Not absolving. But almost any star player, and sport, has resigned moments.. Lionel Messi has them almost any WC match. At the peak of Tysons career any opponents, no matter how good, would start to have knees creaking and buckling before the fight even started. It often stated that the fights were mentally over before they started. In Mike Tysons words; "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face"

There are times where the mental component struggles in players. Its easier to have that when you have a mop like Yamamoto playing on oneside of you and Nuge looking forward to babysitting horsies on the other. There must be times where Leon figures he's on his own.

That said, McD is more guilty of playing on his own and not utilizing linemates.

Go back to the Boston game, Drai has just scored 2 goals to tie the game. and Nuge doing nothing on his shift allows a winning GA while playing a shift with Hyman and Yama. 2mins left. I think thats the moment that broke the back. Or maybe Larsson punching him in the face and nobody even reacting.

This isn't a team. 80% of the players on this club routinely aren't even involved. Its guys punching a time clock hoping nobody notices effort level.

Thing is, whenever McDrai are bringing it, which is lots of the time, who really follows?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Agreed 100%. Foegele and Puljujarvi are working hard but nothing going in
That's Foegele's game... big bodies skater that can't finish. He gets great looks and does great things but scoring and finishing is not one of them. I like the guy but I'm not expecting him to score 20 goals anytime soon.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
"if we go on a win streak, everything will be ok"

bro how the hell do you think this team can sustainably win games with this roster in the NHL

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
YOUR TEAM IS READY TO WIN NOW for gods sakes. This is not time to 'develop' a so so goalie. The fact that Skinner who is not ready is being forced to play is just another of Hollands gaffs. We have one of the very worst 'starters' in the league right now in koskinen and a not ready rookie back up. And the savoir tender has been predictably hurt all year .
He is a capable backup. His numbers say so. Our starting goalie is injured and will probably play tomorrow ffs. We won’t get a goalie unless Koskinen is moved. Simple as that

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He played 10mins. He's a bit player in Carolina. Even in that time he got completely walked by McDrai, Pulju, and Drai sheltered the puck effortlessly from Bear. From Bears own accounts he can't defend any of these guys. He was -1 on a stupid pinch where he wasn't even chasing the puck. he was chasing a hit on Darnell Nurse. Must be some backstory there..

Plus this was the good Bear that was trying to impress back in Edmonton in front of friends and family. Watch his play drop off in time.
On twitter he’s a #1 Dman better than Drew Doughty

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I'm pretty sure Ethan Bear has been sick for the last few games just as a heads up. Not to kill the narrative or anything.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Scheduled Covid drinking day. Him and Nicholson are busy emptying the red wine cabinet again. Actually will be until post Xmas. Ukrainian version, just for convenience..
that's literally all these old bums do

trust me, I'd know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad