Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

germanshark1311

Jan 9, 2011
***MOD EDIT***

Friendly reminder that there are rules in play about libel and whatnot as well as the standard requirement that we focus on things as they intersect with the Sharks and hockey.

How this impacts Kane's status with the team and league are important and relevant and can be discussed as long as it doesn't violate other site rules.

Dissecting the nature of the Kane family's home life, either party's culpability in whatever issues they're having, or moral arguments about this situation are out of bounds for the scope that HF has to address and far too likely to start edging into the territory where comments start getting libelous. So please don't go there.

Speculating about Kane betting on or throwing games and the like is probably out of bounds too for libel reasons. Let those accusations play out to the point of actual evidence to discuss before we start wading into that pit of massive trouble.

Thanks everyone.

From now on any posts that violate the above will be deleted and subject to possible infractions. Offending users will also be subject to threadbans

Please don't let that become necessary. Just stay in bounds and we'll let you know when the range of discussion opens up (if it does)

Last edited by a moderator:

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
He started off great, seemed like he turned a new leaf to focus on scoring, rather than sitting in the penalty box. However, this month, he's reverted back to his old self and takes too many PIMs. This has hurt his scoring production.

He only has 2 goals this month, and there's only 2 games left. One is against the Red Wings, so he might eclipse his worse full month performance. He's tied right now with a month from last season.

He knows he's struggling to get back to scoring at the level he should. That's leads to "Lone Ranger" skating which some here probably mistaken as playing good hockey.

Reactions: themelkman

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Would like him to shoot the puck more and play more Lone Ranger hockey actually. The team is short a couple of top-6 FWs so we need him to just shoot it. There is no 'team game' here anymore, we need aggression.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and you posting negatively about Evander Kane :)

Lol, what a lame personal attack. How is saying that Kane is definitely not better than Hertl and Meier even posting negatively about him? It’s just clear as day. You really think there is an argument for Kane>Hertl AND Meier?

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Lol, what a lame personal attack. How is saying that Kane is definitely not better than Hertl and Meier even posting negatively about him? It’s just clear as day. You really think there is an argument for Kane>Hertl AND Meier?

Where is this personal attack you speak of? I didn’t say anything about you personally. Kane is obviously not your favorite player based on your post history, so I was just making a joke. You need to lighten up a bit.

I would argue only Hertl has been better more consistently then Kane this season. Meier has unfortunately looked worse then last season. Couture is putting up points but not much else. That’s why saying Kane is “definitely” not the Sharks top forward is a bit of an exaggeration.

Reactions: Phu

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Yes, without a doubt I would take Kane's body of work this year over Meier's. Hertl no. But Kane has been better than Timo this year imo

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I wonder if Kane's actions in that pre-season game vs Vegas and his off ice issues with the gambling debt has been a distraction. You should never put yourself in a position get suspended from an incident in a meaningless pre-season game. And then ofcourse gambling during a playoff series and piling up a big debt. So while Kane on the ice has been better than alot of our forwards I wonder if that cancer label is rearing it's ugly head again.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The team in general looks bad. They need to do more than fire a coach to fix the problems. Kane looks good and is definitely a positive force on the ice and I'm not even a fan of the team. What the Sharks need is a plan that fits the skillsets of the players they have and they need to demand far better netminding from Dell and Jones. Kane is the least of their problems; at least he's struggling to change and improve and the fans are being rewarded with seeing it slowly happen. Can't say the same about a handful of these players.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hertl is our best forward at this point in time. I think Kane is a close second. The only reason why it's close is because Kane dropped off in the past month and Hertl has had injury and defensive issues this season. If Hertl stopped puck-watching defensively and marked his man in the middle, he'd run away with best forward since Kane can't match Hertl defensively if Hertl is playing the way he can.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Id say Hertl is the better forward for sure, but at his best Kane is the second best.

At his best, Hertl is the better forward. But the OP was clearly referring to only this current season, which Hertl isn't "definitely" the best forward. I would personally give Hertl the edge for this season too, but I could see the argument for both.

Reactions: Phu and themelkman

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
It goes:

Hertl>>Kane(when on his game) ≥ Meier(when on his game)>Couture>Kane(off his game) power gap... >everyone else>>>>>Meier(off his game)

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
I loved Kane’s game tonight! He was a passing machine! Really enjoying how his game is rounding out from just being a goal scorer to dishing it out to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad