Proposal: Evander Kane to Boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I like Kane and would take him on the bruins but I wouldn’t be willing to overpay i.e the reported ask from buffalo. so he’ll likely go to another team

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
"Oh and spare me the standard Kane thread hate"

We have heard this nonsense before, it has not been an issue for years here on our roster.

Then your Kane thread is useless and should be closed by mods

"Let's talk about realistic trades for this player but disregard the #1 factor that mitigates his worth"

This is the reason nobody has dealt for him, and that they WON'T trade for him, even letting him into your dressing room is risking team suicide, look at your team as exhibit "a" he scores, you can't win.

That's because of "the usual Kane hate" issues

BTW it was an issue on your roster as recently as last week and continues to drag your team to the bottom, you didn't even offer to start negotiating with him, why?

Because you can't get him out of your locker room fast enough

This is the 1# issue whenever Kane is brought up because anyone who gets him will be bringing a bad human being into their room.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I was here, and the animosity is fully shown to any fan and the entire team. The sabres have gotten nothing but **** on for the past 3 years. You want to harbor anger than that is your prerogative but it isn't healthy to hold such animosity over a couple of posters on the internet for years. Just put them on the ignore list and move on.
I apologize if you have faced any unwarranted criticism by an Islander fan. I can not and would not speak for anyone else other than myself, and because of the few Sabres fans who spoke out against the treatment I can honestly say Ive never held it against the franchise. just the specific posters. the fact that those posters have never acknowledged their actions and show the same crude mindset to this day just keeps the animosity fresh.

the very fact that some call recognition of Kanes persistent issues as "Kane hate" is evidence of this. there is no such thing as "kane hate" its merely recognition that he has been a distraction more than once in his career, and its something that must be accounted for

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017

Those guys don't have a history of assaulting women at bars

You see how events are cumulative?

If I'm on parole and I break the law, is it the same as a guy with a clean record breaking the law?

No, because if a guy on parole does it when he knows what's at stake then you know that guy is not someone you want anywhere you, your friends, family or team

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Sure did.

We don't even want to chance this when it seems that the team has built such a chemistry.

Not only that, it was Boogs, the player who has Kane has played his entire career with

Kane has never been on a roster that didn't have Boogs on it

I bet boogs CAN'T WAIT till the season is over and he can finally be free of Kane

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Not only that, it was Boogs, the player who has Kane has played his entire career with

Kane has never been on a roster that didn't have Boogs on it

I bet boogs CAN'T WAIT till the season is over and he can finally be free of Kane

And Buffalo can't wait to be free of Bogosian

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Cant wait for the outcry from the fanbase that ends up paying for him. After ****ting on thr guy in every thread from rvery fanbase it will be of epic proportions. Hope its the Bruins.

It sounds like you knew no one would want Kane so why start this thread? I guess people always love telling other teams how lucky they would be to give up key assets for their unwanted players. Dont feel bad tho everyone does it, as a Leaf fan I remember one poster who demanded Barkov or Seth Jones for Kessel.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Then your Kane thread is useless and should be closed by mods

"Let's talk about realistic trades for this player but disregard the #1 factor that mitigates his worth"

This is the reason nobody has dealt for him, and that they WON'T trade for him, even letting him into your dressing room is risking team suicide, look at your team as exhibit "a" he scores, you can't win.

That's because of "the usual Kane hate" issues

BTW it was an issue on your roster as recently as last week and continues to drag your team to the bottom, you didn't even offer to start negotiating with him, why?

Because you can't get him out of your locker room fast enough

This is the 1# issue whenever Kane is brought up because anyone who gets him will be bringing a bad human being into their room.

[mod]
yeah the leading scorers are the problem on the team....not the pedestrian defense or the fact that these sorry bastards can't even get the forwards the puck most of the time not named Scandella, Risto, or Guhle. Two of these defenseman regularly turn the puck over to the other team....everybody who can watch the Sabres can see it. At least when Kane is playing the on the ice, he is playing at full throttle and is willing to attempt to change the game.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
yeah the leading scorers are the problem on the team....not the pedestrian defense or the fact that these sorry bastards can't even get the forwards the puck most of the time not named Scandella, Risto, or Guhle. Two of these defenseman regularly turn the puck over to the other team....everybody who can watch the Sabres can see it. At least when Kane is playing the on the ice, he is playing at full throttle and is willing to attempt to change the game.

I'm not sure if I have seen anyone in this thread question his skill or abilities, people are afraid of the kind of things that this player has brought to his team in the locker room and off ice problems and I can't blame anyone for that.

His problems in Winnipeg have been well documented and he has had problems in Buffalo as well. Teams don't always jump at the chance to add a player with proven problems getting along with his teammates. I think it is a concern that they could upset the chemistry of the team. That's how I see it anyway.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I'm not sure if I have seen anyone in this thread question his skill or abilities, people are afraid of the kind of things that this player has brought to his team in the locker room and off ice problems and I can't blame anyone for that.

His problems in Winnipeg have been well documented and he has had problems in Buffalo as well. Teams don't always jump at the chance to add a player with proven problems getting along with his teammates. I think it is a concern that they could upset the chemistry of the team. That's how I see it anyway.
In Buffalo the media would be all over him for any problems they would have....there was an outrage when Patrick Kane that was way more serious than anything Kane has ever done in Buffalo.

Reactions: umbertovanek

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
In Buffalo the media would be all over him for any problems they would have....there was an outrage when Patrick Kane that was way more serious than anything Kane has ever done in Buffalo.

This isn't about Patrick Kane, not sure what he has to do with it.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Its a comparison to show you how ridiculous the problems are overstated the Buffalo media would be all over him....yet people are citing one thing spoken at practice and are up in arms as if he's the main reason the Sabres suck which is hilarious.

Reactions: umbertovanek

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Its a comparison to show you how ridiculous the problems are overstated the Buffalo media would be all over him....yet people are citing one thing spoken at practice and are up in arms as if he's the main reason the Sabres suck which is hilarious.
and why did Cheveldayoff send him to Buffalo then? Sabre fans why did you acquire him then, if he wasn't a headcase?

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
and why did Cheveldayoff send him to Buffalo then? Sabre fans why did you acquire him then, if he wasn't a headcase?
I don't think the Sabres acquired him because he was a headcase...pretty sure they got him because he's a good player. Weren't Hall, Seguin, and Kessel traded for some similar yet not the same reasons or for supposed "culture changes" when these players were looked at as selfish?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't think the Sabres acquired him because he was a headcase...pretty sure they got him because he's a good player. Weren't Hall, Seguin, and Kessel traded for some similar yet not the same reasons or for supposed "culture changes" when these players were looked at as selfish?
Seguin is not a name you bring up here..... how many Sabre icons could the other fanbases point to and say we'll gladly take them, all of them, and then the Sabres don't exist

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Patrick has done what arguably amounts to far more serious crap than Evander, yet no one seems to have a problem with it or see him as a "locker room cancer".
Winning silverware quiets peoples complaints in a hurry it seems, and I don t expect anything different with Evander, should he end up on a contender.
EK is by no means a perfect player and there are sensible (on ice) reasons for possibly not liking him or wanting him on your team, but the hate for him around here has reached irrational levels.

Last edited:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

So much of this is over blown crap. Any "police" reports ?. Other then that i could care less if some team mates did not like the guy. If i am Boston, i do whatever i have to do to get this kid in a spoked B. I put him in the locker between Chara and Bergie and tell him shut up and win the cup, have a great playoffs and write your ticket here or somewhere else. He is now a man. Not a kid. Put him in a B's sweater and watch him and them Roll........Do you know how great he would be on that team with Krejci passing him the puck.? Amazing. Plus he brings physical power. I want him BAD. I am willing to take a shot. The upside is too high. Thats my opinion. If they take Beleskey i would give them SENYSHEN, LOUZAN and a number one if he signs number 2 if he leaves. He is the kind of player that can put them over the top. A kid with a nasty disposition....Just what i want for the playoffs.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm sure its been beaten to death, but Kanes been fine in Buffalos lockerroom for quite some time and seems to be liked He's been dating a Buffalo girl for a couple of years now and they are quite close. so I dont think chasing tail would be a problem. He wont screw up his chance to finally play in the playoffs in a contract year. People really think he's going to go to a new club and completely BLOW IT in a couple of months by disrupting a lockeroom? Ridculous, sometimes it takes a little longer for some people to grow up.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

He missed a practice because he was partying too hard at the NBA all star game.
He was under investigation for sexual assault (no charges ever filed).
Two women claimed he assaulted them at a bar.
A teammate called him a selfish ****.

Then there is all the stuff from WPG.

Look, Patrice Bergeron has been in the league longer than Kane, and I have never heard even 1 of those things about Bergeron. I've never heard anything like those things about Matt Cullen and he's been in the league for 20 years. I've never heard any 1 of those things about Pekka Rinne or Henrik Lundqvist or Zdeno Chara or Sidney Crosby.

Not 1 of those.

Yet there are 4 about Kane in the last 2 years. Yeah, no problems at all. But the thing is, if you don't think he's a problem off the ice, if you think he plays great on the ice then you should be calling local Buffalo sports demanding that the team hold on to him.

Yet just about every Sabres fan here is hoping against hope that they deal him for a late first and a half decent prospect.

Like I've said.... says a lot.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm sure its been beaten to death, but Kanes been fine in Buffalos lockerroom for quite some time and seems to be liked He's been dating a Buffalo girl for a couple of years now and they are quite close. so I dont think chasing tail would be a problem. He wont screw up his chance to finally play in the playoffs in a contract year. People really think he's going to go to a new club and completely BLOW IT in a couple of months by disrupting a lockeroom? Ridculous, sometimes it takes a little longer for some people to grow up.

Didn't he have that same girlfriend when he has his little ...um hum...incident with a girl who called the cops?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad