Proposal: Evander Kane to Boston

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
i dont care who justin falk is..he was still a team mate who had to curse out someone on his own team, and Kane still doesnt respect team mates or coaches enough to show up for practices.

you said and i quote

" Sabres don't want him to leave because he's bad for the locker room or a bad player "

once again thats a bald faced lie from you, you have repeatedly lied in this thread and made assertions throughout that are easily disproven. I do not care who it is team mates do not routinely call out team mates saying

"Shut the [expletive] up, you selfish [expletive],”

coaches dont suspend players for no reason despite your excuses to the contrary. its bad for the team and undermines the coaching staff

you refuse to accept other teams want no part of that

you just lie again and again and again and again and again

blaming falk is a new low for you... does falk routinely greet everyone he meets with

"Shut the [expletive] up, you selfish [expletive],” too?

or is

"Shut the [expletive] up, you selfish [expletive],”

the coaches customary encouragement upon entering practice before every player gets suspended for not showing up?

If so I have to admit that your coaches might have found a new way to tank up in Buffalo. no wonder Robin Lehner thinks the league is out to get him...

I had no idea the players deal with so much abuse
This is my last reply to you ever. Don't ever call anyone a liar especially when you don't know much about my hockey team.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
The Bruins with Kane would be scary, world class SC contenders. If Kane is not a fit because reasons, the Wings would gladly take a 1st+ for Nyquist to Boston in his place.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
This is my last reply to you ever. Don't ever call anyone a liar especially when you don't know much about my hockey team.
did you or did you not say those things?

I quoted you so you obviously did. so obviously that makes you a liar, you repeatedly said that Kane was no trouble to his team mates or any trouble while in Buffalo, I provided quotes where your assertions were proven false

So either:
1. you are a liar or
2. you dont know your team as well as you say you do

so which is it?

do you not know your own team or are you a liar?

and it doesnt matter if you answer me, youve already swore you wont, Im sure people can view the thread and draw their own conclusions

I have several friends like Yahtsee and Stokes84 who I know are honest to a fault who can inform me about the sabres. what makes them valuable is they are honest about the good and the bad about the team, this way I and others can make an informed decision about players . its people like that that I and others can put our trust in

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The Bruins with Kane would be scary, world class SC contenders. If Kane is not a fit because reasons, the Wings would gladly take a 1st+ for Nyquist to Boston in his place.

Boston doesn't need a rental forward. Spooner, Heinen, DeBrusk, Backes, Pastrnak, Marchand. Nyquist is producing less than all of them. Bjork will be closer next season. Winger rental is really not a need in the slightest. Promote from within

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
by the time Kane is 30(again assuming Kane is signed LONG TERM) Middlestat will be on the mind and Sabres fans are already getting tired of having veteran with big cap hits on their contracts. NHL players will generally always play for you if you offer enough money for them overpaying for a D-man will make the team competitive again.

Makes perfect sense. Teams often have to deal away their best goal scoring winger in order to prepare for the cap 4 years from now when a prospect who has yet to play a professional hockey game might need a big raise.

You've convinced me.

Reactions: Wo Yorfat

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Why does Boston need Nyquist? Boston didn't start a thread looking for a winger. A Sabres fan started the thread because he wants to get a boatload of futures for someone his team is trying to get rid of.

I'm sure there is a team out there for Kane, and Nyquist maybe, but Boston isn't it.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Makes perfect sense. Teams often have to deal away their best goal scoring winger in order to prepare for the cap 4 years from now when a prospect who has yet to play a professional hockey game might need a big raise.

You've convinced me.
You think Kane wouldn't ask for a deal into his mid 30s(imagine 32-33 6-7 year deal)? That's the big issue is that the Sabres wouldn't be contending by the time his prime is over anyway. Rebuilders have to plan 5 years down the road......not keep guys that either won't be there or will be overpaid by the time we are actually possibly contending for the cup again. If Kane takes a 4 year deal for whatever reason then that is fantastic...sign him up if no team wants to trade for him.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Shouldn't Buffalo already be 3 years into the rebuild? Is this going to be a 9 year rebuild before any type of contending?

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Yup.

Especially if they constantly trade away aging 26 year olds.
26 year old that plays a very heavy grinding game and has already sustained a lot of injuries......he's not going to last that long with the way he plays but ok.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

You've convinced me.

doc whats so hard with saying Kane is a marvelously gifted forward but he has his issues, whats a fair compromise on his worth to a contending team?

I dont get why fans cant do that .... I have no problem saying for example that Brock Nelson is a gifted Scorer but he disappears for weeks on end. is honesty that hard?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Shouldn't Buffalo already be 3 years into the rebuild? Is this going to be a 9 year rebuild before any type of contending?
Looks like. I memba saying a couple of seasons ago that Buffalo was around the 25th or so spot in the league and Buffalo fans were outraged at that. Looks like I was optimistic in that forecast.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Looks like. I memba saying a couple of seasons ago that Buffalo was around the 25th or so spot in the league and Buffalo fans were outraged at that. Looks like I was optimistic in that forecast.
During the year they were intentionally losing I had one tell me that fans of other teams were jealous that BUFF was one of the "haves" in the league.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
During the year they were intentionally losing I had one tell me that fans of other teams were jealous that BUFF was one of the "haves" in the league.
well to be fair in some ways they are.the pegulas have made it clear they will spare no expense to make Buffallo a world class city so in that sense they are. owners like that can turn things around if given time. in that regard they are definitely a have. im pulling for them because there definitely some great sabres fans

there are clunkers too but thats true everywhere, but for the guys Ive mentioned I want them to have their cup they deserve it, Ive had 4 of my own so i can wait..i want the good fans of Buffalo to know how good it feels

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Bolded the important part. Sorry that one crazy person made you hate a whole fanbase.
Nah it was th 99% who told me that tanking was cool. And the funny thing is that I said back then that when you create a losing culture, that when you strip a team of all professional vets with some semblance of talent, that when you make it ok to lose... that you shouldn't be surprised when the "rebuild" doesn't go well.

I'm shocked to discover I was right.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Bolded the important part. Sorry that one crazy person made you hate a whole fanbase.
Mattilaus the point is that it wasnt just one, and its not the whole fan base. you werent here then but after the vanek trade there were a select few Sabres fans who tormented Isles fans on the trade board AND the isles board saying we traded them Two top 5 picks for Vanek and even had the gall to tell us on our own board that they were wishing Islanders players would be injured

they went entirely over the top. so you can see why theres some animosity , not towards the sabres, but to specific posters, not to you or others who werent here, just those who brought it on themselves, some others actually came in to apologize for the cruelty by others, and they became friends for life as far as im concerned. its for them I wish a sabres stanley cup.

Last edited:

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Mattilaus the point is that it wasnt just one, and its not the whole fan base. you werent here then but after the vanek trade there were a select few Sabres fans who tormented Isles fans on the trade board AND the isles board saying we traded them Two top 5 picks for Vanek and even had the gall to tell us on our own board that they were wishing Islanders players would be injured

they went entirely over the top. so you can see why theres some animosity , not towards the sabres, but to specific posters, not to you or others who werent here, just those who brought it on themselves, some others actually came in to apologize for the cruelty by others, and they became friends for life as far as im concerned. its for them I wish a sabres stanley cup.

I was here, and the animosity is fully shown to any fan and the entire team. The sabres have gotten nothing but shit on for the past 3 years. You want to harbor anger than that is your prerogative but it isn't healthy to hold such animosity over a couple of posters on the internet for years. Just put them on the ignore list and move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad