Proposal: Evander Kane to Boston

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I know that would be helping the Bruins from the Sabres, but how much can Buffalo extract from the Bruins if we give them Kane at 50% and get to eat Beleskey's contract, so that they can potentially re-sign him in the summer?

I'm thinking:

Kane (50% for this year)

for

2018 1st
Jeremy Lauzon
Matt Beleskey
Conditional 2019 1st if Kane re-signs in Boston

With cap rising and without Beleskey's contract Bruins could re-sign Kane if there is a good fit, ensuring an extra 1st rounder next year for Buffalo and excellent depth for the Bruins. Yes it sucks short term for Buffalo, but I'm trying to think about future success here. And Bruins move into win-now mode without potentially 2 1st rounders and with Kane on the roster. If Chara is done after this seasons the Bruins would have some cap left to get replacement from UFA (De Haan, Johnson come to mind for LDs). Buffalo has no cap concerns so could bury Beleskey if needed or play him in the bottom 6 as we are going nowhere at least this season and next.

...thoughts? Oh and spare me the standard Kane thread hate, trying to live in the real world where power forwards in their prime are desirable assets...

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I say deal from Boston, hell, you can make it 5 conditional firsts if he resigns, I doubt that happens

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
You'd only be giving up two 1st's if you re-signed Kane in which case you get a really good power forward good for around 25 goals a year and you'd be jettisoning a garbage player in Beleskey.
Basically this, Boston only lose 2 1sts if they re-sign him and if you re-sign him it means your management team likes him and he re-signed is easily worth 2 late 1sts and a bit of a plus (which is Lauzon+dumping Beleskey+Kane's retention value). I think the value is there but it remains to be seen where does Boston add - at D or at forward.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't see the Bruins as being interested.

They've created a team first mentality and although Kane is a great talent, he tends to be to much of a " me first " type of player.

Id rather have the Bruins look elsewhere and find a better fit.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You'd only be giving up two 1st's if you re-signed Kane in which case you get a really good power forward good for around 25 goals a year and you'd be jettisoning a garbage player in Beleskey.
You can resign him and give up no 1st round picks. Yet your GM doesn't want to.

No thanks.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
You can resign him and give up no 1st round picks. Yet your GM doesn't want to.

No thanks.
Cant wait for the outcry from the fanbase that ends up paying for him. After shitting on thr guy in every thread from rvery fanbase it will be of epic proportions. Hope its the Bruins.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Cant wait for the outcry from the fanbase that ends up paying for him. After ****ting on thr guy in every thread from rvery fanbase it will be of epic proportions. Hope its the Bruins.

No seriously, he's awesome. Yet your GM has said he's not going to offer an extension, despite your team being worse at wing than any team in the NHL and needing goal scoring.

Do you have cap issues signing him? Maybe, yet you offer him to other teams and say "Hey resign him!!!" If YOU don't want to pay him $7m to be your #1 LW, why in the world would Boston want to give up assets and pay him $7m to be their #2LW?

If he's really that good, there are simple moves your team can make to clear cap for a guy who is their #2 goal scorer. If he's not good enough for you to want to do that, then he's not good enough for my team to deal a #1 and a couple of good prospects. Not sure why this is that hard to understand.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
First of all, this EXACT thread has been discussed less than a week ago, Bruins fans don't want him.

Second, that is way too much for Kane let alone a rental. Why demote DeBrusk to bring in a guy with similar play style. No thanks

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad