Proposal: Evander Kane to Boston

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
He missed a practice because he was partying too hard at the NBA all star game.
He was under investigation for sexual assault (no charges ever filed).
Two women claimed he assaulted them at a bar.
A teammate called him a selfish ****.

Then there is all the stuff from WPG.

Look, Patrice Bergeron has been in the league longer than Kane, and I have never heard even 1 of those things about Bergeron. I've never heard anything like those things about Matt Cullen and he's been in the league for 20 years. I've never heard any 1 of those things about Pekka Rinne or Henrik Lundqvist or Zdeno Chara or Sidney Crosby.

Not 1 of those.

Yet there are 4 about Kane in the last 2 years. Yeah, no problems at all. But the thing is, if you don't think he's a problem off the ice, if you think he plays great on the ice then you should be calling local Buffalo sports demanding that the team hold on to him.

Yet just about every Sabres fan here is hoping against hope that they deal him for a late first and a half decent prospect.

Like I've said.... says a lot.

From a trade standpoint, he’s playing for the biggest contract he’s probably going to get for the rest of his career. He may be a lot of things, but I don’t believe he’s stupid. So he’s going to be on his best behavior for the rest of the season, and has every incentive to help whoever he’s traded to actually win, as opposed to just padding his stats. There are a lot of GMs that do silly things, but most of them would be able to notice stuff like that.

I agree though that Buffalo fans are probably going to be disappointed with the return. It wouldn’t shock me if the main piece is a second that turns into a first if the team that gets him makes it to the conference finals, or something like that.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
From a trade standpoint, he’s playing for the biggest contract he’s probably going to get for the rest of his career. He may be a lot of things, but I don’t believe he’s stupid. So he’s going to be on his best behavior for the rest of the season, and has every incentive to help whoever he’s traded to actually win, as opposed to just padding his stats. There are a lot of GMs that do silly things, but most of them would be able to notice stuff like that.

I agree though that Buffalo fans are probably going to be disappointed with the return. It wouldn’t shock me if the main piece is a second that turns into a first if the team that gets him makes it to the conference finals, or something like that.
That could be the case sure, I'm tempering my expectations, but think it'll be at least that 2nd + B prospect or another 2nd or 3rd if they cant get the 1st. It only takes 2 teams to drive up his price a bit.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
So much of this is over blown crap. Any "police" reports ?. Other then that i could care less if some team mates did not like the guy. If i am Boston, i do whatever i have to do to get this kid in a spoked B. I put him in the locker between Chara and Bergie and tell him shut up and win the cup, have a great playoffs and write your ticket here or somewhere else. He is now a man. Not a kid. Put him in a B's sweater and watch him and them Roll........Do you know how great he would be on that team with Krejci passing him the puck.? Amazing. Plus he brings physical power. I want him BAD. I am willing to take a shot. The upside is too high. Thats my opinion. If they take Beleskey i would give them SENYSHEN, LOUZAN and a number one if he signs number 2 if he leaves. He is the kind of player that can put them over the top. A kid with a nasty disposition....Just what i want for the playoffs.

You don't care and think it is overblown crap but others worry that he will do what he did in Winnipeg. I can't blame them.

I wouldn't pay that price for a LW when the Bruins already have 3 LWs who are putting up above average numbers. There are other places where I would try to acquire a player for like the 3rd line center spot.

All my comment was about was that people are not questioning his skill and abilities, they are questioning his attitude. I was not referring to myself. My problem is that he is a left wing.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So much of this is over blown crap. Any "police" reports ?. Other then that i could care less if some team mates did not like the guy. If i am Boston, i do whatever i have to do to get this kid in a spoked B. I put him in the locker between Chara and Bergie and tell him shut up and win the cup, have a great playoffs and write your ticket here or somewhere else. He is now a man. Not a kid. Put him in a B's sweater and watch him and them Roll........Do you know how great he would be on that team with Krejci passing him the puck.? Amazing. Plus he brings physical power. I want him BAD. I am willing to take a shot. The upside is too high. Thats my opinion. If they take Beleskey i would give them SENYSHEN, LOUZAN and a number one if he signs number 2 if he leaves. He is the kind of player that can put them over the top. A kid with a nasty disposition....Just what i want for the playoffs.

Haha, here we go again!

What are you giving up if Beleskey isn't apart of the trade? Senyshyn + Lauzon + 1st makes me nauseous for a guy who walks at season's end. Talk about destroying a prospect pool for a rental. Getting rid of Beleksey's contract isn't that important where you need to ship 2 big prospects + 1st + 2nd (if he signs)

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I won't at all be shocked if he get a late 1st and a prospect. I just don't want it to be the Bruins

But I do find it funny (and this isn't just BUFF fans, it's EVERY fanbase here): You read the opinions writted about a guy on the team board and you read that Kane has tunnel vision, that his hockey iq isn't high, that he kills Eichel's offense when paired with him, that he takes low percentage shots that stifle odd man rushes...

then you go on the main boards and all you read is how great a guy is.

Again, I think this is true with every fanbase, but it's something I've noticed a lot with Kane.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I won't at all be shocked if he get a late 1st and a prospect. I just don't want it to be the Bruins

But I do find it funny (and this isn't just BUFF fans, it's EVERY fanbase here): You read the opinions writted about a guy on the team board and you read that Kane has tunnel vision, that his hockey iq isn't high, that he kills Eichel's offense when paired with him, that he takes low percentage shots that stifle odd man rushes...

then you go on the main boards and all you read is how great a guy is.

Again, I think this is true with every fanbase, but it's something I've noticed a lot with Kane.
Most of those things are true about Kane, although he seems to have minimized some of the bone headed shot selections and has used his teammates a bit more recently. I don't see too many people claiming otherwise, even if they aren't advertising it.
What your getting with Kane is pretty straightfoward. He'll always play hard, no concern about effort level. He's physical and a great forechecker to boot. Great speed, He can score goals in the dirty areas or on the fly. He drives a good amount of offense by himself, I think the "killing Eichel's offense" is a bit overstated, a better description would be I don't think stylistically that they make a good pair, both want the puck and want to be the guy driving the play.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Its a comparison to show you how ridiculous the problems are overstated the Buffalo media would be all over him....yet people are citing one thing spoken at practice and are up in arms as if he's the main reason the Sabres suck which is hilarious.
no one is saying that hes the main reason buffalo is bad we are just disputing your contention that he hasnt had issues in Buffalo, he has and that does affect his value Period. end of story

teams have every right to give pause and to think twice about adding a player to their squad who is known to have a history of divisive actions. its just like families have every right to think twice about moving next door to a pedophile. its wrong to assault him or threaten him, but its perfectly fine to state "no im not going to take that risk" to my family

you keep trying to say that Kanes history should not come into play because he's played well this year, and he has but that doesnt do away with the risk involved. when you acquired him you knew that risk was there and you accepted it, you likely even acquired him at a discount because of that risk. so you have no reason to get all upset because other teams are cognizant of that very same risk you benefitted from when you acquired him

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You don't care and think it is overblown crap but others worry that he will do what he did in Winnipeg. I can't blame them.

I wouldn't pay that price for a LW when the Bruins already have 3 LWs who are putting up above average numbers. There are other places where I would try to acquire a player for like the 3rd line center spot.

All my comment was about was that people are not questioning his skill and abilities, they are questioning his attitude. I was not referring to myself. My problem is that he is a left wing.
What did he do in Winnipeg ?. He missed a practice cause he was 22 and did something stupid. By that logic the STARS should never have taken SEGUIN off our hands....Two girls ACCUSED him of sexual assault ?....Really and where are the charges ?...TWO means you have a witness or two witnesses....So why no charges ?......Just more BULL. SEGUIN and MARCHAND did things like this all the time. They were Young. Like Kane.

A team mate called him a selfish ****....Really ?. Wow, i cant imagine one team mate being Jealous of another.

There is nothing here. I wonder how much of this crap has to do with KANE being black........Partying, dinking, foul play with girls.......Selfish or missing a practice.......Sounds to me like the other KANE ? Or Seguin or Marchand a few years ago......I remember his Florida team mates not liking NATHAN HORTON at all....Calling him SELFISH and about himself.

I want to win the STANLEY CUP as a fan of the BRUINS. Evander Kane would make my team the favorite to do that. Putting him in a locker room with hall of fame veteran players that have won.....Will enhance his maturity, give him something to play for on the first team in his life that is any good.......And prove the doubters wrong. And help the Bruins win the Cup. Give me Evander Kane and his great talent, physical ability, and nasty streak. Any day and twice on Sunday. I will take that chance and Sweeney should also if the price is right.

Reactions: Howie Hodge

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What did he do in Winnipeg ?. He missed a practice cause he was 22 and did something stupid. By that logic the STARS should never have taken SEGUIN off our hands....Two girls ACCUSED him of sexual assault ?....Really and where are the charges ?...TWO means you have a witness or two witnesses....So why no charges ?......Just more BULL. SEGUIN and MARCHAND did things like this all the time. They were Young. Like Kane.

A team mate called him a selfish ****....Really ?. Wow, i cant imagine one team mate being Jealous of another.

There is nothing here. I wonder how much of this crap has to do with KANE being black........Partying, dinking, foul play with girls.......Selfish or missing a practice.......Sounds to me like the other KANE ? Or Seguin or Marchand a few years ago......I remember his Florida team mates not liking NATHAN HORTON at all....Calling him SELFISH and about himself.

I want to win the STANLEY CUP as a fan of the BRUINS. Evander Kane would make my team the favorite to do that. Putting him in a locker room with hall of fame veteran players that have won.....Will enhance his maturity, give him something to play for on the first team in his life that is any good.......And prove the doubters wrong. And help the Bruins win the Cup. Give me Evander Kane and his great talent, physical ability, and nasty streak. Any day and twice on Sunday. I will take that chance and Sweeney should also if the price is right.

I hear you on the race stuff. The fact that the picture of him with stacks of cash in Vegas still floats around makes me think there is something off here with some folks. I think the off ice issues might exist but are probably overblown.

I do question whether he is an ON ICE fit for the team. Kane is kinda of a one man show out there. Does that fit with the Bruins 5 man tic-tac-toe attack?

Lastly, do I want a pure rental?

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017

I understand that you don't care about Kane's past problems, I don't think it is automatically as big of a deal as it was in Winnipeg but I certainly understand people not wanting to have someone like that on their team. I understand not wanting Seguin on the team or anyone who would be a distraction or a drain on the team, but the real reason I don't want him is that he is a left wing and it's not even that I don't want him, it's that I think the area to add a player is on D or 3rd line center and even then, unless it is a very good player who will be around for a while, it should be rentals.

Ryan McDonagh is rumored to be available, I would much rather have the Bruins go all out and get him. I think he would make more of an impact than Kane and he would also cost more and I don't think it is possible to get both and remain under the cap without moving big salary.

You do not know what kind of effect Kane would have on the Bruins or the Bruins would have on Kane. Saying that Kane would become a model citizen because he is on the Bruins is every bit as bad as saying he would destroy the team with his attitude. We do not know what would happen. If he can play right wing it is worth investigating but I understand people being cautious just as I understand your willingness to throw cation to the wind.

For me it just comes down to Kane being a left wing.

One last thing, you might be right about some people's attitude having to do with his race, but I would welcome players of ethnic diversity on the Bruins. That I am all for.

Last edited:
Reactions: wintersej

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Acquiring a rental who doesn't even fill a need makes the Bruins a favorite? They're already a favorite, for one. They should be targeting an actual need like a LHD. That would make them more of a favorite than getting a LW.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Acquiring a rental who doesn't even fill a need makes the Bruins a favorite? They're already a favorite, for one. They should be targeting an actual need like a LHD. That would make them more of a favorite than getting a LW.
I did not start Kane to Boston. But i am sure DeBrusk can play the other sideor they can figure it out. These players are not growing on tree's. I like what he brings for this team, thats why i like the guy. He brings what we need. I am fine not getting him, as long as we get someone else who is as good or close.
But make no mistake, if he is there and the price is right, they should jump on him. I believe he proves a lot.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I understand that you don't care about Kane's past problems, I don't think it is automatically as big of a deal as it was in Winnipeg but I certainly understand people not wanting to have someone like that on their team. I understand not wanting Seguin on the team or anyone who would be a distraction or a drain on the team, but the real reason I don't want him is that he is a left wing and it's not even that I don't want him, it's that I think the area to add a player is on D or 3rd line center and even then, unless it is a very good player who will be around for a while, it should be rentals.

Ryan McDonagh is rumored to be available, I would much rather have the Bruins go all out and get him. I think he would make more of an impact than Kane and he would also cost more and I don't think it is possible to get both and remain under the cap without moving big salary.

You do not know what kind of effect Kane would have on the Bruins or the Bruins would have on Kane. Saying that Kane would become a model citizen because he is on the Bruins is every bit as bad as saying he would destroy the team with his attitude. We do not know what would happen. If he can play right wing it is worth investigating but I understand people being cautious just as I understand your willingness to throw cation to the wind.

For me it just comes down to Kane being a left wing.

One last thing, you might be right about some people's attitude having to do with his race, but I would welcome players of ethnic diversity on the Bruins. That I am all for.
Great post and i can agree with it all......My point is simple. I did not start the Kane to Boston talk. But that said, if anyone was offering us Patrick Kane for an acceptable price....We would be jumping on it and all his past history would i bet be forgotten quickly or shoe shoed away as a youngster feeling out his oates.....Just sayin. That said, Kane and his talent is what if anything we lack.....Perfect. He is HORTON esque, Big, nasty physical, tremendous shot, excellent passer and un afraid to go to the net, tremendous stride and skater.....DeBrusk can play the right side.......

Now that said, I have no problem getting McDonagh at all. Problem their is unless Krug or Miller is in that deal....while we get the LHD man.....It still pushes KRUG or Miller down in ice time. Having him as a 5 guy is not smart. I assume Charlie/McD......Chara/Carlo......And we have Miller/GRYZ a LHD and McQauid who are all very solid 5-6-7 guys.......Why pay Krug ?

Unless we can get Zuccarello or Nash along with McDonagh My offer would be,
KRUG or CARLO /SPOONER/PROSPECT/Number one and they eat Beleskey.
for
NASH and McDONAGH

Nash and Krejci would be special. Or Zuccarello and his grit and nose for the net with Krejci and deBrusk.

Nobody knows what will happen....But i wont be happy as a fan if this GM does no go out and make a hockey trade that makes us significantly better even if it costs us KRUG, CARLO, JFK, PICKS......Whatever it takes. This team is on the cusp and the MGMT owes it to the fans and this nucleus who have waited out the rebuild. It is fun to speculate this stuff.

Marchy-Bergie-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Zuccarello
Heinen-Nash-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari

McDonagh-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
GRYZ-Miller
McQuaid

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Great post and i can agree with it all......My point is simple. I did not start the Kane to Boston talk. But that said, if anyone was offering us Patrick Kane for an acceptable price....We would be jumping on it and all his past history would i bet be forgotten quickly or shoe shoed away as a youngster feeling out his oates.....Just sayin. That said, Kane and his talent is what if anything we lack.....Perfect. He is HORTON esque, Big, nasty physical, tremendous shot, excellent passer and un afraid to go to the net, tremendous stride and skater.....DeBrusk can play the right side.......

Now that said, I have no problem getting McDonagh at all. Problem their is unless Krug or Miller is in that deal....while we get the LHD man.....It still pushes KRUG or Miller down in ice time. Having him as a 5 guy is not smart. I assume Charlie/McD......Chara/Carlo......And we have Miller/GRYZ a LHD and McQauid who are all very solid 5-6-7 guys.......Why pay Krug ?

Unless we can get Zuccarello or Nash along with McDonagh My offer would be,
KRUG or CARLO /SPOONER/PROSPECT/Number one and they eat Beleskey.
for
NASH and McDONAGH

Nash and Krejci would be special. Or Zuccarello and his grit and nose for the net with Krejci and deBrusk.

Nobody knows what will happen....But i wont be happy as a fan if this GM does no go out and make a hockey trade that makes us significantly better even if it costs us KRUG, CARLO, JFK, PICKS......Whatever it takes. This team is on the cusp and the MGMT owes it to the fans and this nucleus who have waited out the rebuild. It is fun to speculate this stuff.

Marchy-Bergie-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Zuccarello
Heinen-Nash-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari

McDonagh-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
GRYZ-Miller
McQuaid

We're not so different hahaha. Hypothetically they could turn around and trade Krug or Miller for a winger or 3rd line center. While I appreciate everything Nash has done and how well he has played on that line, I can't help but feel that there is probably a better 3rd line center available in a trade for Krug or perhaps a deal of Krug and Spooner for a RW or even Kane at that point. Not sure Buffalo would be interested in either of those guys though.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'd absolutely do this if I was Boston. Kane would look great next to Krejci and dumping Beleskey's contract would be great for their cap space. Lauzon isn't that damaging of a prospect to give up.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Kane-Krejci-Heinen
DeBrusk-Spooner-Backes
Kuraly/Schaller-Nash-Acciari

Tough forward group to beat. Still leaves them with Cehlarik/Bjork/Senyshyn/Frederic/Donato in the system at F, Zboril/Vaakanainen on D. Some of those assets could be packaged sometime in the near future to acquire a top 4 LD to replace Chara.

Last edited:

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
I'd absolutely do this if I was Boston. Kane would look great next to Krejci and dumping Beleskey's contract would be great for their cap space. Lauzon isn't that damaging of a prospect to give up.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Kane-Krejci-Heinen
DeBrusk-Spooner-Backes
Kuraly/Schaller-Nash-Acciari

Tough forward group to beat. Still leaves them with Cehlarik/Bjork/Senyshyn/Frederic/Donato in the system at F, Zboril/Vaakanainen on D. Some of those assets could be packaged sometime in the near future to acquire a top 4 LD to replace Chara.

so far every team in the NHL that has had the misfortune to have Kane on the roster eventually realizes he is 3rd line material. I'm assuming they don't watch enough tape on him but they also seem to think at first that he is 2nd if not 1st line material. I mean Buffalo beat a hot Calgary team last night and kane was .. thats right on the 3rd line. he is a great 3rd liner though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad