Evander Kane thread: would you, and for what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
If the rumored deal is true, its an overpayment, sure.

Myers > Bogo
Armia, Lemieux, Stewart, 1st > Kane

My guess is there is a bit more coming back from WPG (maybe another pick to even things out?)

i dont even care what else is coming back...

we downgraded from a 25 year old shut down defensemen to a good solid defensive #2, or 2nd pair anchor.... that's just never a good move in my book.

On top of that we invested a boatload of our "deep pool", into an oft injured, questionable character, scoring winger.

The deal feels like it is fully intended to offend me personally :laugh:

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
On first glance, ya this is a tough deal. Maybe Murray isn't as great at trades as drafting. Or we are just so used to "winning" every trade with Darcy. But look where "winning" those deals got us. I really hope Myers isn't included, but it is what it is.

Karate Johnson*

Kane is a slight upgrade on Ennis.
Bogo is a big donwgrade on Myers.

a 1st, Armia,Stafford AND Lemieux? yeah. I'd be ****ing pissed.

I trust Timmy a lot more than anyone on a dopey hockey site

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
IMO bringing in Brogosian doesn't make sense since he can hurt the tank but he is from the area so maybe that is the connection? Trading Myers is to help land McDavid. You would think Winnipeg wouldnt trade any important roster players.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
they could trade myers for a fart, and you'd think it was a good player

Fart. Love the explosiveness. Trade him for Myers all day.

:biglaugh:

i dont even care what else is coming back...

we downgraded from a 25 year old shut down defensemen to a good solid defensive #2, or 2nd pair anchor.... that's just never a good move in my book.

On top of that we invested a boatload of our "deep pool", into an oft injured, questionable character, scoring winger.

The deal feels like it is fully intended to offend me personally :laugh:

Really it seems like an affront to common sense.
Regier warned us of the suffering...

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Here we go. More coming our way. Making more sense:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger · 51s 51 seconds ago
1st round pick Jets acquire will be lowest of 3 of the Sabres picks. Very complicated trade. Sounds like an unsigned player from Peg as well

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@DarrenDreger

1st round pick Jets acquire will be lowest of 3 of the Sabres picks. Very complicated trade. Sounds like an unsigned player from Peg as well

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Got to be Myers going the other way. Helps the tank.

At the beginning I said Hodgson and Ennis were expendable and got ridiculed. Then I said trade Myers and that should solidify last place and got jumped on and told Myers "ain't going nowhere".

lol, silly posters.
We're pretty comfortably in last place WITH Myers still here................ . . . . ?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
:biglaugh:

Really it seems like an affront to common sense.
Regier warned us of the suffering...

It's like the kind of trade you feel terrible about making in your keeper league, because the other guy is new and doesn't know any better.

Please be false, please be false, please be false...

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
This is a terrible trade. I don't want to trade ****ing Lemieux. Armia, Myers and the 1st whatever but my god we are getting ripped the **** off.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Kane is perfect for us. He can skate, he's physical, he can score. I don't love the asking price though. I guess mostly because I don't really want BOGO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad