Evander Kane out for 4-6 months

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Evander has had attitude problems since his days in minor hockey. Anyone that was around him and his family during that time will tell you the same thing...very selfish player and a toxic personality.

He needs to figure his **** out and fast, because he's a hell of a player on the ice and a treat to watch.

Reminds me so much of Rebiero when he was a youngster with Montreal. Which is why I would want him nowhere near the Habs. It's usually to late to fix that type of attitude problem when a person is in their 20's. My guess is Buff tried to knock that chip he has off his shoulder and ended up hurting him by accident which is why Winnipeg has been so hush hush. Would make sense if he already was having issues with his shoulder. The fact that it happened off ice makes it easier for the Jets management to keep it behind close doors so it's not a bigger distraction with the media. Of coarse I'm just speculating. Hard to know what really happened.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I can't believe these E.Kane apologists....get a clue, people. Almost as bad as the Kessel apologists. Can't win with 'ME' guys in this league, this ain't the NBA. PERIOD:rant:

I don't know how you can really defend Kane in this instance but how can you say you can't believe the apologists? Do you not recall 2009 when your Kane assaulted a cab driver?

People were defending Kane the person, not the action itself. Much the same in this scenario.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I don't know how you can really defend Kane in this instance but how can you say you can't believe the apologists? Do you not recall 2009 when your Kane assaulted a cab driver?

People were defending Kane the person, not the action itself. Much the same in this scenario.

You cant separate the person from the incident. While Patrick Kane is a moron and a POS for assaulting a cab driver, Evander Kane is also a moron and an immature baby. IDK how anyone can defend Evander Kane at all when he continues to show he is all about himself.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
JEFF-ONEILL-TSN-300x143.png

TSN’s Jeff O’Neill joined the guys on the Illegal Curve Hockey Show discussing this week’s events regarding Evander Kane and locker room culture around the NHL.

To listen click here.

pondnorth

Dec 16, 2005
I love Kane`s game.His style of power forward suits his skills perfectly and his attitude,on the ice is strictly business.His problem is between the eyes as far as off ice goes,the act was getting old and even a Kane fan,like me,has had enough.Too much stuff going on around him.Jets move on.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
As speculated by Lawless, Lavoie and others, Kane decides to shut it down for the rest of the year and have surgery instead of fighting through like he was doing before the last few days' incidents.

Also:

[Tweet]563751298038648832[/Tweet]

Is it just me or is this story like a bad British soap?

Hawkimus

Dec 2, 2011
Hawk Headquarters

Are we talking about P.Kane? Did the OP mention it? Do you have to bring it up? For that matter I'm happy P.Kane became a 'Team guy' and not a 'Me guy' Again.. your trying to find anyway to defend him, your an E.Kane apologist. PERIOD

This guy is that mass swelling up in the neck of the playoff Jets. He needs to be exiled to Carolina/Toronto/Edmonton etc

Last edited:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
JEFF-ONEILL-TSN-300x143.png

TSN’s Jeff O’Neill joined the guys on the Illegal Curve Hockey Show discussing this week’s events regarding Evander Kane and locker room culture around the NHL.

To listen click here.

How on earth does O'Neill have any credibility about anything Jets when he did nothing but bash Winnipeg last year? Shame on you IC

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
I can't believe these E.Kane apologists....get a clue, people. Almost as bad as the Kessel apologists. Can't win with 'ME' guys in this league, this ain't the NBA. PERIOD:rant:
And what the hell does the NBA have to do with this? And what makes you a me guy, the fact you clothes got destroyed and you don't like it?

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
And what the hell does the NBA have to do with this? And what makes you a me guy, the fact you clothes got destroyed and you don't like it?

No, abandoning his team, not following team rules, and the countless other **** that has been brought up.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hopefully Kane takes his 4-6 months off, to spend some time maturing...seems like he is a big kid...
Has the tools to be a special player, but.............:help:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We have been praying for this to happen in Winnipeg for quite some time.
It is pretty bad when even his own teammates are completely sick of his garbage attitude & made sure that this incident was leaked to the press.

Hopefully in those 6 months he realizes that he is not a spoiled brat kid anymore.

Hopefully Kane takes his 4-6 months off, to spend some time maturing...seems like he is a big kid...
Has the tools to be a special player, but.............:help:

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
Since the Jets 2.0 hit the ice, no other player rumored or not, has been subject to as much speculation and scrutiny than Kane. While many have been proven false, it's likely some must have been true. Full credit for playing thru injuries but if this Vancouver fiasco hadn't occurred, the surgery would probably have been put off until after the season ended.

I have to believe that his teammates have taken Kane to task on more than one occasion regarding his attitude. No chance his track suit gets wet on a first offence.
No one knows what goes on in the dressing room. Nothing but speculation.

Although they may live to regret it, the Bruins likely traded away Seguin for some of the same reasons' that will be Kane's fate down the line. Of course having a possible Art Ross winner will cut a guy some slack. Assuming of course Seguin's attitude hasn't changed with Dallas.

Good luck to the team that lands Kane.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Seguin doesn't compare. Seguin was never confirmed to be a cancer in the locker room. That was just the Boston media trying to run him out of town instead of just saying "He doesn't fit the system" (Make no mistake, this is the reason why he's in Dallas, not some partying BS)

Was Segs a party animal? Probably a little bit. Keep in mind that Patrick Kane was too (probably still is to an extent) and the Hawks dealt with it in a respectful, caring way. What 20 something male doesn't do that though? It was nowhere near to the extent the Boston media made it out to be.

Evander Kane is a completely different story. Rumors of ego and attitude going back as far as junior hockey, constantly flashing said ego all over (be it getting his face caved in at the bar or talking on his money) at an given chance. The track suit thing is a culmination of months, if not years of his teammates putting up with his crap.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Does that make any of his attitude problems before that okay? Oh no? Irrelevant then.

Oh, and since when is wet destroyed?
So if someone has an atttidute problem, you just throw his clothes into the shower and everything solves itself. And yes he probably is going to buy a new track suit, so its destroyed to him.

Try this in the workplace and see what happens.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Always thought Kane was getting too much heat from the media in Winnipeg. I loved his tweet after the Giroux butt-grab fiasco "Can you imagine if it was me?"

Honestly, if you're Kane the media hates you, lots of the fans hate you, and if your teammates are also giving you **** it's time to go. The question becomes, were the teammates doing it as part of natural teammate bonding, or was it because they legitimately don't like Kane? Seems like the latter, and if that's the case there's no one on Kane's side in the 'peg so it's time to go.

If Winnipeg runs off one of their few talented young offensive players, they better have a pretty good backup plan. If these actions caused him to have surgery, and missing Kane results in them missing the playoffs, that's a brutal failure by an organization building something in Winnipeg.

Randal61

Jan 12, 2014
Always thought Kane was getting too much heat from the media in Winnipeg. I loved his tweet after the Giroux butt-grab fiasco "Can you imagine if it was me?"

Honestly, if you're Kane the media hates you, lots of the fans hate you, and if your teammates are also giving you **** it's time to go. The question becomes, were the teammates doing it as part of natural teammate bonding, or was it because they legitimately don't like Kane? Seems like the latter, and if that's the case there's no one on Kane's side in the 'peg so it's time to go.

If Winnipeg runs off one of their few talented young offensive players, they better have a pretty good backup plan. If these actions caused him to have surgery, and missing Kane results in them missing the playoffs, that's a brutal failure by an organization building something in Winnipeg.

Everyone elses fault eh.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
This is just my opinion.... With his attitude problems, injury problems and his decline in production - Kane isn't going to fetch nearly what the Jets expect.

If I was Chevy at the draft and I was offered a mid 2015 round pick and 3rd liner and maybe a B or C prospect I would take it and run.

IMO, Buff and Ladd hold way more value than Kane right now (even if he wasn't out for 6 months)...

Sure Buff is a flashy guy off ice but at the same time he's just goofy and humble about it - the guy isn't trying to portray himself as the "Drake" of hockey.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Oddly enough he needs to choose the right suit to get back on track it would seem. :D

Cheeky comment. I love it.

Kane is an awesome NHL player to watch. I don't wanna see a guy of his talent go to waste. Hopefully this time off (and maybe a trade) will set him on the correct path.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad