Evander Kane out for 4-6 months

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I think people are jumping to conclusions. We've heard just one side of the story. Maybe, just maybe, Kane was already hurt.

Kane has been hurt for a month. He said he was excited for the game in Vancouver......... yea, come on. people need to wake up.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
If he has purposely tanked his value to the point where the Jets can't get anything worthwhile for him, let him rot. Make him a healthy scratch for half a season and then exile him to Edmonton for whatever. Of course, I'm hopeful they can get something done in the summer, but if not, make an example of him.

seems like trading him can only help the jets for this years playoff run then. Unless you cant trade injured players

Edit: the other team has to sign off on the injury for him to be traded. I can't see a team in a playoff spot doing that when he's done for the year though.

Literally the same thing Kesler did when he was traded to the Ducks.

He purposely gave us one team to deal with so we'd get a **** return.

I thought Kane doesn't have a no-trade clause? How is that at all similar to the Kesler situation?

Last edited:

dsc75

Mar 25, 2014
Did he hurt his shoulder holding his $ phone to his ear or doing $ push-ups :sarcasm:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He was definitely playing injured. He would often be grimacing on the bench after coming off the ice, and holding his left arm.

Yeh, he did that twice in the most recent game vs the Flyers after routine hits on the boards, one of which he was the hitter, one where he got hit.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
This is the best thing that could happen to the Jets. Allow him to regain some value then trade him during the offseason.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I think people are jumping to conclusions. We've heard just one side of the story. Maybe, just maybe, Kane was already hurt.

Where there is smoke, there's often a fire. And in the case, it's an inferno. It's just far too convenient his injury suddenly became a health concern right after the game he was scratched.

Party Kane

Nov 7, 2013
Chicago
Injury prone and obvious trade bait.

His value is at an all time low and there is nothing the Jets can do about it at this point.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Again, he was playing with it for a month, the timing speaks volumes. All kane has done is look out for himself hence the issues with the team.

Yes well a torn labrum is a torn labrum. Something that has to be surgically repaired and takes 6 months to recover from fully.

Not every athlete is willing to play through it as long as Kane has, so maybe the guy has some toughness, maybe one redeeming quality you can maybe ackowledge

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Bull, Shane Hnidy was just on the radio talking about everyone in the organization turning a blind eye to his antics. Also said he knew of instances but wouldn't divulge.

SO sick of ex-players claiming knowledge but can't tell. **** Hnudy, if you aren't willing to tell us. They think it gives their opinion weight, it just shows they lack integrity.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
For all of the trade banter and Kane bashing the one thing Jets fans can attest to is that Kane always gave it his all on the ice.

Teams will offer good pieces for him despite the drama - he is a dang good hockey player whether he is scoring at a top line pace or not.

There are not a lot of big, fast, tough, strong, talented players in the league.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Kane is an idiot I agree. Now some agree with what buff did and I think it was immature. That aside. Buff is a hypocrite. Kane broke violations. So did buff when he showed up 50 pounds overweight. That aside again.
I would rather Kane break team violation over a track suit than being charged with a DUI like buff did which is a little bit more serious than team violation.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Kane is an idiot I agree. Now some agree with what buff did and I think it was immature. That aside. Buff is a hypocrite. Kane broke violations. So did buff when he showed up 50 pounds overweight. That aside again.
I would rather Kane break team violation over a track suit than being charged with a DUI like buff did which is a little bit more serious than team violation.

So because Buff made mistakes in the past he can't call a guy for disrespecting his teammates? Guess your list of guys who can be a leader is pretty damn short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad