Evander Kane contract termination/ bankruptcy omnithread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Agent claims they don't.

NHLPA to file grievance.

:popcorn:

What did the PA agree to for punishments regarding Violations to Covid Protocols? Is there a number of violations/warnings before termination is permitted? See how this breaks down.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If Kane ever gets help, I can almost bet he's going to try and pay off all his debts by writing a book similar to Theo Fleury.

But he's likely never playing an NHL game again. Maybe he makes a comeback in the NHL if he cleans up.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
What did the PA agree to for punishments regarding Violations to Covid Protocols? Is there a number of violations/warnings before termination is permitted? See how this breaks down.

Punishments aren't listed to my knowledge. And I'm very confident the PA would never agree to termination as a remedy for violating the protocol.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Wonder how he did, unless he was already in Canada, considering the authorities require a 72 hour negative test before crossing the border.

He's a canadain citizen he's allowed to cross the border via car then quarantine but can't fly into.

The question is why the heck was he allowed on the flight to begin with.

Reactions: powerstuck

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Allegedly traveled to Vancouver (home town) while covid positive.

Clusterf***

Technically, the articles seem to say Kane traveled to Vancouver a week after testing positive, but less then the 10 day quarantine period. If accurate, its possible Kane had negative tests in the period between the positive test and going to Vancouver.

Reactions: powerstuck

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Friedman with more specifics. And apparently there are teams out there who want to sign him if he clears waivers and contract terminated. NHL/NHLPA may have to work out something if the Sharks do lose grievance as he'd then have two NHL deals.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

Friedman with more specifics. And apparently there are teams out there who want to sign him if he clears waivers and contract terminated. NHL/NHLPA may have to work out something if the Sharks do lose grievance as he'd then have two NHL deals.

Honestly at this point, any team touching this guy with even a 100 foot pole is clearly dumb. Whether the reason to terminate is right or wrong, this guy has shown more than once he's going to do something dumb that's not going to be a welcome thing for any of the 32 teams.

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

This is what the protocol states, mostly focused on club penalties:

Established violations of, and/or lack of compliance with, the COVID-19 Protocol will result in significant Club and individual sanctions, including potential forfeiture of games, fines and reimbursements of expenses, loss of draft choices, and/or ineligibility for participation in training activities.

https://media.nhl.com/site/asset/public/ext/2021-22/2021-22COVIDProtocol.pdf

There may also be club specific rules but I believe only fines are allowed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad