Evaluate players 1st round

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher were excellent.

Don't know what you guys want from them.

They went up head to head with one of the hottest lines in the NHL down the stretch and completely shut them down. They out-chanced them almost every game and spent a majority of the time in the offensive zone, even if they didn't convert on as many opportunities as we'd have liked. Chucky won a game for us in OT and Gally scored our only (real) goal in the series clinching 6th. For ***** sake Kyle Turris didn't register a single point at ES all series!

Once again, Plek wins his head to head matchup with ease and all we do is criticize. :shakehead

Some of you act like you want these guys to be putting up a PPG AND shut down other teams top lines, but it doesn't work that way. It's the playoffs. It's harder to score and every team is a good team. The only thing that you can do is outplay the guys you're up against. And if you can do that, by even the smallest margin, then you're doing your job. And Pleks' line did that and then some.

Now Patch-DD on the other hand...

And our PP.... :facepalm:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
A+ - Carey Price.

43 save shutout to put is into the second round. Fuggedaboudit.

A - Lars Eller, Brendan Gallagher, Dale Weise.

Could you imagine what it would be like if we had a functioning power play, and Gallagher drew a call for even a quarter of the abuse he takes? Dale Weise straight up won us a game, and Larry was beast mode pretty much the entire time.

A- - Jeff Petry.

He continues to be a fantastic stabilizing presence on our blueline when P.K. isn't around.

B+ - P.K. Subban. A good series from him, but he wasn't the difference maker we all know he can be. An A- for him would imply that he gave us close to his best, and that's just not true for this series.

B - Flynn, De La Rose, DSP, Gilbert, Pateryn, Beaulieu (for his part)

Solid performances from these players.

B - - Tomas Plekanec.

Need more from you buddy: as usual this time of year. His work on the PK though was pretty darn good I thought, though.

C+ - Alex Galchenyuk, Alexei Emelin

I didn't think Chuck had as rough a start to the series as the narrative on this board suggested (not even close actually), but the last few games of the series the guy was a total non factor. Still, a playoff OT winner has to count for something.

C - David Desharnais

Ugh.

C- - Max Pacioretty

You ****ing suck in the playoffs. Stop it.

D - Andrei Markov

This about sums up my view of Andrei Markov's series:

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Putting his team shorthanded for 32 minutes of a pivotal game 1 and risking a potential suspension is problematic for me. It isn't for you?

How about his antics in game2 where he cost us a goal because he engaged in a selfish, retributive out-of-position bodycheck on Karlsson?

Regardless, I understand his troubles because he had a good series otherwise and 4pts in 6 games for a team as offensively inept as ours is impressive.

So, a pretty run of the mill slash with an unfortunate result, and a mistake over 6 games = troubles.

This goes a long way to contextualize your hate for Galchenyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad