Evaluate Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
The odd thing is, they have brought in some pretty damm good goalies via UFA and the draft. Hutchinson,Helley and Comrie are at the top of their respective leagues.

It is so strange that he got bamboozled by Pavs instead of trying to give him a bridge contract. But maybe they have a different batch of scouts he listens to since then.

I agree. It's very strange. Even if Chevy knows Pavs was a mistake, why are they so publicly emphatic with their devotion to him? This is why people are pissed about the media not challenging them.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
100% agree

He did get fleeced and I guarantee he wakes up every night at about 2:00am and would like a do over. It was the term that killed us more than the $ value.

Interesting looking back at that thread when Pavs signed. Most of us were still high on getting the team back and happy but Holden was screaming that the contract was horrible, Supahdupah pushed back hard, Arctic Ice had a cautionary article pre-contract, and truck joined HFBoards and came in to defend the article and say the Pavs was a big risk.

You guys get a pass....the rest of us get the dunce cap!

I will not post a link to that thread to spare people the wedgie :naughty:

Hah, thanks. Don't be so hard on yourself ;)

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I agree. It's very strange. Even if Chevy knows Pavs was a mistake, why are they so publicly emphatic with their devotion to him? This is why people are pissed about the media not challenging them.

That is one thing I agree with. You don't slam your players in public. I personally hate when I see coaches or GMs do that

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
That is one thing I agree with. You don't slam your players in public. I personally hate when I see coaches or GMs do that

Slamming them is dumb, but doing the opposite with Pavelec is strange as well. What other player on our team has been anointed? The whole Pavelec situation has been handled terribly, no matter what their thinking is.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Slamming them is dumb, but doing the opposite with Pavelec is strange as well. What other player on our team has been anointed? The whole Pavelec situation has been handled terribly, no matter what their thinking is.

I don't think it's been handled terribly at all. I think Chevy has been saying all the right things in public.

As far as who else has been anointed, there hasn't been a need to anoint anyone else because the media hasn't questioned Chevy about anyone else, other than Kane, and he's handled the Kane situation exactly how he has handled the Pavelec situation, i.e. he's not giving up anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad