European Superleague plan: Do you support it?

European Superleague plans: Do you support it?

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As a Man Utd fan I will have no problem walking away from them if this happens and it won't even be that hard.

The last decade has been hard to be a United fan - not because of our on-pitch decline and lack of trophies. That's normal, I can take that, its part of the natural cycle of sport. What makes it hard to be a fan is that we have bloodsucking leeches for owners who will spend the bare minimum to qualify for the CL and get that $$$$, and thats all they're bothered about. Winning trophies is so completely irrelevant to them, literally unimportant (apart from maybe the prize money increasing their revenue by a few more shekels).

Meanwhile, our stadium, one of the finest, most historic, most famous in the world is literally rusting away as they won't spend a single cent on upkeep, let alone rebuilding it or expansion whilst they sit in their mansions thousands of miles away with more money than Crassus, and its still not enough.
Blood sucking leeches that spend the bare minimum? What mate? You lot just spent 500 million pounds with van Gaal. You're one of the highest spenders of transfers of any club in the EPL bar none. I would wish Kroenke would spend as much as United does.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
f*** UEFA and FIFA too, btw.

They took more action in a few hours to stop this league than any action they’ve taken to stop any of their major issues, including racism. And don’t get it wrong: they don’t care about small clubs or fans. They care that a few teams found a way to make money that they aren’t getting a cut of.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Blood sucking leeches that spend the bare minimum? What mate? You lot just spent 500 million pounds with van Gaal. You're one of the highest spenders of transfers of any club in the EPL bar none. I would wish Kroenke would spend as much as United does.

Spend the bare minimum to qualify for the Champions League.

500M? Over how many seasons? And after years and years of under investment because they had Sir Alex dragging the team to positions it didn't belong.

Go and look at how much the club spends on debt repayment every year (a debt that never actually gets paid off). Go and look at how much the Glazers take out for themselves every year.

Utd don't spend more money than Arsenal because the Glazers are more generous than Kroenke. It's because they have much higher revenue, plain and simple.

Reactions: DoyleG

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Bayern will end up joining. Same for PSG.

Too much money to be made for them not to. They won't fight the initial fight, but they will join once it makes sense for them to.

Not gloating or anything, but thankfully you seem to have been wrong.

This might actually end up being good for football. That the likes of Perez, Agnelli etc. might understand that they can't necessarily do whatever they want - or so it seems for the time being at least. I choose to be optimistic now.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
f*** UEFA and FIFA too, btw.

They took more action in a few hours to stop this league than any action they’ve taken to stop any of their major issues, including racism. And don’t get it wrong: they don’t care about small clubs or fans. They care that a few teams found a way to make money that they aren’t getting a cut of.

2020/21 are funny years. The heroes of our time is Big Pharma, UEFA and FIFA :laugh:

For the latter two seemingly the lesser evil this time. Now on to killing more workers in Qatar.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Not gloating or anything, but thankfully you seem to have been wrong.

This might actually end up being good for football. That the likes of Perez, Agnelli etc. might understand that they can't necessarily do whatever they want - or so it seems for the time being at least. I choose to be optimistic now.

I am VERY happy to have been wrong.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What is the percentage of the Super League ever coming in fruition? I personally think the pros will eventually out weigh the cons in the future. Not sure if it will be in our lifetime, but somewhere down the road I think the revenue streams will be too much for teams not to say no to and will eventually bypass the fanbase. Remember the anaolgy of the frog in boiling water? Picture that for this.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I am indifferent. Domestic leagues would still be in place. Champion's League would still be in place. I am amused by the self-righteous fans clamoring about avarice while fully prepared to support a World Cup built on slavery.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I sincerely doubt that there will be such a thing as a "Cinderella story" in this abomination.
I mean, there would. The thing about Cinderella stories is that they are always relative.

wildthing202

May 29, 2006
What is the percentage of the Super League ever coming in fruition? I personally think the pros will eventually out weigh the cons in the future. Not sure if it will be in our lifetime, but somewhere down the road I think the revenue streams will be too much for teams not to say no to and will eventually bypass the fanbase. Remember the anaolgy of the frog in boiling water? Picture that for this.

I could easily see a 20-24 team league happening where all the best teams drop the dead weight and create an all-Europe league playing 38-46 games a year. TV contract could easily rival if not surpass the NFL's deal.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I kinda feel bad that I missed all of yesterday to family and work stuff. It's starting to sound like my poll option won. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad