European Superleague plan: Do you support it?

European Superleague plans: Do you support it?

• Total voters

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Missing an "only if it backfires horribly for the teams involved" option.

Even if I am a Spursfan I would love it if it properly backfired. Such an opportunity to do the right thing - but they missed it.

Obviously if Spurs had opted out everyone would have said they probably weren't invited anyway. If Utd or Liverpool had they would have gotten so much sympathy and general support. It basically would have made them my "2nd team" forever. Will definitely support the likes of BM when Spurs are out (or more likely not in) the CL.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Interestingly enough, the usual contributors and die hard fans are all in the same voting option...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Even if I am a Spursfan I would love it if it properly backfired. Such an opportunity to do the right thing - but they missed it.

Obviously if Spurs had opted out everyone would have said they probably weren't invited anyway. If Utd or Liverpool had they would have gotten so much sympathy and general support. It basically would have made them my "2nd team" forever. Will definitely support the likes of BM when Spurs are out (or more likely not in) the CL.

Bayern will end up joining. Same for PSG.

Too much money to be made for them not to. They won't fight the initial fight, but they will join once it makes sense for them to.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't because it pushes out the "little guys" although its not often smaller clubs win CL this will eliminate the chance for that to happen entirely. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching the top teams play.

Never mind player salaries and transfer fees are going to go thru the roof now that FFP isn't a thing (I mean., it never really was but still).

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That's it!

I'm no longer a Real Madrid fan!

Montreal Impact: Terrible rebrand. Never consulted the fans. Arrogant marketing assholes saying we would have opposed everything anyway.

RMCF: Scumbag Perez getting re-elected without opposition and THEN leading the 12.

Arsenal: Being Arsenal and joining the 12.

I mean, I guess I will watch Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
For RM and Barcelona it has long been an issue that they feel the English clubs have an advantage as the PL is bigger than La Liga. They have never cared much for the Spanish league. It goes for their fans as well - as far as I can tell.

I can only pray that the Bundesliga (or the French for that matter - but less likely) becomes the new "super" league if this goes through. Would be so fantastic if fans just started to support random German teams - with players following.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If the french players stay in L1, it's clearly the #1 league in the world. But for that we'd need much more money.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
For RM and Barcelona it has long been an issue that they feel the English clubs have an advantage as the PL is bigger than La Liga. They have never cared much for the Spanish league. It goes for their fans as well - as far as I can tell.

I can only pray that the Bundesliga (or the French for that matter - but less likely) becomes the new "super" league if this goes through. Would be so fantastic if fans just started to support random German teams - with players following.

If I understand correctly, both countries have financial rules that would make it very difficult for them to become new super leagues.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

This line of thought really makes me wonder: Is there a scenario where a team gives in to fan pressure and bows out?

One has to assume though that they've got them contractually obligated now with no way to break ranks.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Montreal Impact: Terrible rebrand. Never consulted the fans. Arrogant marketing assholes saying we would have opposed everything anyway.

RMCF: Scumbag Perez getting re-elected without opposition and THEN leading the 12.

Arsenal: Being Arsenal and joining the 12.

I mean, I guess I will watch Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David.
Whatever it takes
I’ll watch Gladbach because of Bensabaini and that’s it lol
(Mahrez and Bennacer are with City and Milan respectively)

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
As an Arsenal fan since Lee Dixon im out.

Won't support or watch them anymore. I will be giving away my shirts to charity.

Screw them.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I’m an Arsenal fan and I have no idea why we’d be interested in such a thing, other then show the rest of the world that we’re not in the same league as the other clubs.

I mean, isn’t it enough to get embarrassed once a week that we have to watch it twice a week now, or whatever frequency these games will be played in?

I miss the good ol’ days!

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Chelsea fan since 94....First time i've ever been embarrassed to be a fan and Chelsea fans tend to take a lot of shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad