European players that Cherry has given credit to?

delled

Oct 3, 2009
I just want a list of Euros that Cherry mentions as players he admires. I remember he enjoyed Kovalchuk and Bure for standing up for themselves, and his Radulov compliment today caught me off guard.

Any others he gives props to? Cherry is Pro-Canadian, but every now and then he gives props to players I never suspect he would give props to internationally, and I'm curious about the ones I've missed.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I just want a list of Euros that Cherry mentions as players he admires. I remember he enjoyed Kovalchuk and Bure for standing up for themselves, and his Radulov compliment today caught me off guard.

Any others he gives props to? Cherry is Pro-Canadian, but every now and then he gives props to players I never suspect he would give props to internationally, and I'm curious about the ones I've missed.

Konstantinov.

delled

Oct 3, 2009
Its funny because Bure was the worst one, because it was an illegal elbow check if I remember correctly and I died of laughter because of all of the amazing wierd @#$# Bure pulled off in terms of scoring, Cherry admired him because of an elbow! Incredible!

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Thomas steen back in the eighties. when he said that he would be the only swede that could play on his team.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I remember him raving about Kulemin on occasion... saying basically he did all the small things right was a Canadian born in Russia.

Tbf he does play like that! :laugh:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
He actually loved Kovalchuk before he burned him for going back to the KHL. Basically said he could do it all, score, throw big hits, fight. He gave him credit after knocking out Schenn, dropping them with Phanuef.

The thing he loved Kovy most for was going after Avery in the playoffs. He asked Avery to drop em and Avery coward and did his agitator thing. Cherry was all over that but I feel it was more intended to be a gut punch to Avery who had fired back at Cherry for criticism given on coaches corner.

Loved when Cherry gave Kovy credit for being a true leader. In his prime I dont see anyone being a more rounded guy than Kovy, could score 50, throw huge hits, kill penalties and he didnt pick numbers when going after someone to fight. He was as electrifying of a player we would ever see, speed to burn with an OV like shot.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Its funny because Bure was the worst one, because it was an illegal elbow check if I remember correctly and I died of laughter because of all of the amazing wierd @#$# Bure pulled off in terms of scoring, Cherry admired him because of an elbow! Incredible!

If someone was going to praise an elbow for some reason, might as well praise pretty much the biggest elbow given in a hockey rink.

Did he really say that?

Why is it even allowed if he did?

Because people clutching their pearls about something being said that they don't like isn't enough to ban people from making legal statements.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Who are the Europeans who don't think Cherry is a comic relief?

Nylanders Flow

Jun 29, 2014
Don has also compared Bure to Bobby Orr.

He's been plenty complimentary to Ovi too, despite the fact people only mention his celebration complaints.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad