GWT: Europa League Final | May 31, 2023 | Budapest | Sevilla-Roma

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
They are assholes?

The conference is a third tier trophy. We should be watching that game right now.

DYBALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, by prestige Conference League probably should have been played first. The order of matches might be because of other events at hosting stadiums or something else affecting the dates available.

Of course they couldn't know beforehand who the finalists will be, but actually it now seems to make more sense that EL is played first, because the CL spot for either Roma/Sevilla will be known before the last league matches. And other teams will know what result they need in their last league match to reach EL/Conf league next season.

And for West Ham and Fiorentina final it looks to be both club's last chance to play in Europe next season, so that final ended up well too.

Reactions: Juve

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That is NOT A PEN!!!

i usually do not have strong feelings on decisions but NO WAY

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Fouls him on the follow through, otherwise he'd have gotten to the ball. How is that not a penalty? Ocampos' dive was embarassing though, but that's a foul.

Reactions: OKR

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yellow for diving. Either way, it's over for Roma. I don't think there going to win anymore.

Yeah, can't see Roma winning now. Maybe if Sevilla has someone sent off and of course on penalties, but otherwise Sevilla must be favourites to find a winning goal.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think that's a pretty clear no pen call. That's a totally natural position for the arm to be. Defenders shouldn't be required to hold their hands behind their back to defend.

Reactions: luiginb

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I hate how most handballs are called, so I think that's a great non-call.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I think that's a pretty clear no pen call. That's a totally natural position for the arm to be. Defenders shouldn't be required to hold their hands behind their back to defend.
He was also pulling his hand away from the ball, not towards it.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Sevilla robbed of a penalty, the contact is clear as day from two angles. I have no idea what clip the VAR room was watching.

• Haha
Reactions: Juve and luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Every time I see him now I think of how Torino could have gotten mega millions for him and instead got nothing.
They said no to 70 million, but I can't remember the team that was going to buy him.

The defender got the barest touch on the ball first so it's no foul.
The defender also went through the attacker to hit the ball and attacked him from behind.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They said no to 70 million, but I can't remember the team that was going to buy him.

The defender also went through the attacker to hit the ball and attacked him from behind.
Google says AC Milan.

Also the defender didn't go through the attacker to get the ball, he got it first. I didn't believe it at first and went back to watch it again a few times before I saw it.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad