GWT: Europa League Final | May 31, 2023 | Budapest | Sevilla-Roma

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Don’t have high hopes for this game after the Roma matches against Leverkusen, Mou is gonna make this ugly and both teams will need to win this to get CL

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Think Roma takes this. Sevilla own this competition, but Mourinho has navigated this competition and last year’s conference league very adeptly.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Think Roma takes this. Sevilla own this competition, but Mourinho has navigated this competition and last year’s conference league very adeptly.

I’m inclined to agree, but then this is a final and Sevilla despite being middling at best for much of the season have been in notably better form during the run in. Normally I’d want Roma to win, but I guess I can’t stand Mourinho so much that I don’t want to see him win anything.

Reactions: maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I’m inclined to agree, but then this is a final and Sevilla despite being middling at best for much of the season have been in notably better form during the run in. Normally I’d want Roma to win, but I guess I can’t stand Mourinho so much that I don’t want to see him win anything.

I'm in the same boat. Always liked Roma but hate that Mourinho is managing them

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Doesn't anyone else find it weird the Europa final is played before the conference final?

Yes, I know UEFA wants to spread these finals out to have them each on their own but based on prestige and what’s at stake it’s the 2nd competition

Reactions: Juve

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
well done boy

I figured it would be a little too soon to start and better off coming in the later stages. But looks like the right decision.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I’m already sleepy… but why is this on a weekday?
They are assholes?
Yes, I know UEFA wants to spread these finals out to have them each on their own but based on prestige and what’s at stake it’s the 2nd competition
The conference is a third tier trophy. We should be watching that game right now.

DYBALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Rakitic is still a very good player at 35 but those kind of brain farts made him my least favourite player at Barcelona in his generation.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Refereeing Mourinho teams is always a nightmare, I feel for him.

It's not like Sevilla are saints either. It's two teams that can shithouse with the best of them and if the game stays close into the second half it's gonna get stupid.

Hopefully the simulation yellow he just handed out (totally deservedly) helps a bit.

Reactions: maclean

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
It's not like Sevilla are saints either. It's two teams that can shithouse with the best of them and if the game stays close into the second half it's gonna get stupid.

Hopefully the simulation yellow he just handed out (totally deservedly) helps a bit.

I love how players die on the field and the miracle happens. They are able to walk again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad