Europa League 2017/2018

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes !

Salzburg now has to score 2 in 5 minutes to get through.
I think it's fair to say OM will reach the Lyon final.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OM score on a corner kick that shouldnt have been
Yeah, just saw that on the replay.
Ouch for them.

That said, OM deserved a goal out of this game, just like Salzburg deserved a goal in the first leg (and both should have had a penalty).

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Arsenal are lucky that Chelsea is in the FA Cup Final. If they finish 6th and they're back in Europa League. Who would have thought that a match vs Burnley would become their biggest match of the season?

Reactions: S E P H

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If Atletico win the tournament but finish 2nd and automatically qualify for UCL group stage then who gets their UEL spot?

Which UEL spot?

Their CL soot from 2nd doesn’t get passed down.

Although I think if they win it and Liverpool don’t fall out of the top 4, then an extra French team gets CL, although I can’t recall for sure.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Arsenal are lucky that Chelsea is in the FA Cup Final. If they finish 6th and they're back in Europa League. Who would have thought that a match vs Burnley would become their biggest match of the season?

Arsenal is in the EL regardless. Only way they’d have been out is to finish behind Burnley and have Southampton win the FA cup

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Which UEL spot?

Their CL soot from 2nd doesn’t get passed down.

Although I think if they win it and Liverpool don’t fall out of the top 4, then an extra French team gets CL, although I can’t recall for sure.
I mean their CL spot they would have gotten if they just won Europa League and wouldn’t have qualified for CL otherwise.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rose blowing a fuse because OM scored on a corner wrongly called offside :facepalm:
In the first half a Salzburg defenseman handed the ball with all his arm stretched from his body in the box.

Come on man. It's not as if the ref whistled a bogus penalty on your team. Bogus corner is not the same thing, and you got the best wrong call of the evening.

If anything, Salzburg should be made at the ref from the first leg who denied them a very possible penalty.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
The standard of refereeing in both CL and EL semifinals has been shocking. I fear it will continue into the World Cup

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
If Atletico win the tournament but finish 2nd and automatically qualify for UCL group stage then who gets their UEL spot?
If Atlético win it, then the third placed team in France will get automatic qualification into the Champions League.

Since Madrid and Liverpool both seem assured of qualifying via the League, it means the automatic spot for the Champions League will be given to the winners of the Czech League, which appears like it will be Viktoria Plzeň.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
We could have a very fun final and a really nice atmosphere at the stadium. Looking forward to it.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I'd prefer they miss to be honest and not have all the Thursday-Sunday fixtures although they should be one of the favorites to win it every year. Even with a new manager top 4 might be a stretch for the foreseeable future.

Long term injury to Koscielny means they have to buy a CB this summer, right?!?! Really need two so Mustafi is 3rd choice from the get go next season but I'd be happy if they bought one legit player.

Oblak is a pipe dream. Atletico may accept less than his 100 million plus buy out but Arsenal isn't going to spend that kind of money on a keeper regardless of the size of the war chest being 50 or 500 million. Alisson isn't going to be much cheaper if at all so also a pipe dream.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The standard of refereeing in both CL and EL semifinals has been shocking. I fear it will continue into the World Cup
Totally. Didn't watch the Atletico/Arsenal tie, but there were big mistakes in :
- both Liverpool/Roma games
- return leg of Madrid/Bayern (can't remember a big mistake in the first leg)
- both legs of OM/Salzburg

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Rose blowing a fuse because OM scored on a corner wrongly called offside :facepalm:
In the first half a Salzburg defenseman handed the ball with all his arm stretched from his body in the box.

Come on man. It's not as if the ref whistled a bogus penalty on your team. Bogus corner is not the same thing, and you got the best wrong call of the evening.

If anything, Salzburg should be made at the ref from the first leg who denied them a very possible penalty.
Refs were poor in both legs.

Feel badly for Salzburg that it had to end the way that it did, but in the overall balance of the poor-refereeing I think the missed calls were pretty even.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
So if both Real and Atletico win in a few weeks Madrid could have both continental club trophies

For the first time no less. The only other two local rival pairs being Dortmund and Schalke in 1997, as well as Milan and Inter in 1994.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Didn't watch the game, but saw Kos get destroyed and Costa demolished Chambers for the goal.

Honest question, what is the point of watching Arsenal for the rest of the season?

Considering how bad his form has been this season, this is a blessing in disguise for France.

Marseille scores off a corner they shouldn’t have gotten...
Dark age sport bro.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Didn't watch the game, but saw Kos get destroyed and Costa demolished Chambers for the goal.

Honest question, what is the point of watching Arsenal for the rest of the season?

Considering how bad his form has been this season, this is a blessing in disguise for France.

Dark age sport bro.

Costa beat a napping Bellerin on the goal, not Chambers. Chambers was the lone bright spot in defense today really.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Also Salzburg 2nd shouldnt have counted, there was an offside when Rami tried to clear the ball.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Feel badly

OT but I just have to say that whoever taught you to say this (because no one says it naturally) was wrong. It is hypercorrection. Verbs of perception (smells, looks, tastes, feels..) take normal adjectives, not adverbs. You also would not say "it tastes badly". Sorry, this has been a public service announcement.

Reactions: YNWA14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad