GWT: Europa Conference League - Knockout Stages

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Already being memorialized in East End lore:

Ah, hadn’t seen that. That article makes it sound like they were caught in between two sets of Dutch club ultras.

There were some wild shots of Flynn Downes going into the crowd and throwing punches at the Alkmaar hooligans. Hopefully no West Ham players end up getting caught in the sanctions.

Haha, this is awesome. I assume he never pays for a drink in a West Ham pub ever again. Cheers!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Random question for anyone watching the smaller teams playing this league - were they able to play at their own stadiums and if so did they have a standing section? Or maybe @cgf knows from Union playing in Europa? From what I recall Union has large standing sections... My local side qualified for the Conference League and I'm hearing that in European leagues standing sections are not allowed, so if we were to play at home we would have to re-install seats in the home section and there's a strong chance we're going to have to play somewhere else, which honestly kind of defeats the whole purpose for me (of course interest will be huge and the small capacity of our stadium is another reason they're inclined to move it).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Random question for anyone watching the smaller teams playing this league - were they able to play at their own stadiums and if so did they have a standing section? Or maybe @cgf knows from Union playing in Europa? From what I recall Union has large standing sections... My local side qualified for the Conference League and I'm hearing that in European leagues standing sections are not allowed, so if we were to play at home we would have to re-install seats in the home section and there's a strong chance we're going to have to play somewhere else, which honestly kind of defeats the whole purpose for me (of course interest will be huge and the small capacity of our stadium is another reason they're inclined to move it).

We had to play in the Olympiastadion last season, but this year we were allowed to use the alte försterei without converting all of the stands:

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad