Euro Hockey Tour: Euro Hockey Tour 2016-2017

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Thus far, Marjamäki has only been losing games not very many people give a flying speck about.

And I don't care even if he loses every game in the following 180 days as long as he gets his stuff together by the 5th May 2017, when is the next one that might make bit of a ripple if we lose.

But I've no reason to believe it'll take that long.

I mistakenly wrote Marjamäki is winless but he won his first game in OT.

People also seem to have forgotten that Jukka Jalonen needed several tournaments before 2011 happened.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
People also seem to have forgotten that Jukka Jalonen needed several tournaments before 2011 happened.
Well, at least he was winning a single game here and there even before that...

Of course I've no doubt that Marjamäki will too.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Tkachev SH 1-0

Gusev 2-0 PP

Btw Russian team is slightly older, than 22 years averagely. Czechs are young enough as well, but still are 3 years older on average.

Last edited:

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Tkachev SH 1-0

Gusev 2-0 PP

Btw Russian team is slightly older, than 22 years averagely. Czechs are young enough as well, but still are 3 years older on average.

Yeah I wish Marjamäki wakes the **** up and the next EHT team will be much younger. But I guess they will bring Kontiola etc next time lol.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Russia - Czech 3-0, Gusev with 1+1. The only player, who scores every game. And he is probably the tournament's MVP, which was expected.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
HIGHLY impressed with this Russian youngsters. Several of this guys are already NT caliber and another couple are close.

- Sorokin was really impressive. I think this is a new Russian school of goaltending, with a different philosophy. Yes, he has impressive quickness and reflexes, but he doesn't rely strictly on that, as was the case with a lot of previous generation of Russian goaltenders. He is so calm in net, no wasted motion, just square to shooter, cut off the angle and wait for the shot to react.
- Bereglazov has game. This wasn't just some sort experimental selection, this guy can compete for a roster spot at WC.
- Leshchenko is talented, I can see why he was selected, but he does need to work on his finishing. He should have had a hat trick today.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Disappointed other Tkachev wasn't selected, explain to me how he is not one of the top young forwards in Russia.

Other than that the team looks really good.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The worst team Sweden i have ever seen.

This is the first Euro Hockey Tour for Grönborg and still he only got the C-team. Nobody wants to play for him. Imagine how bad teams we will have in the upcoming Euro Hockey Tours and next year etc, it will be Team G/H etc.

I thought Grönborg and Garpenlöv liked physicality but this tournament and World Cup we have played with no physicality at all. The players should be hungry to play for a new coach but they looks tired and play with no energy.

Grönborg and Garpenlöv are worse than Mårts and Bengt-Åke Gustafsson and its amazing that Popopvic is still there, he is such a bad coach.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Team Sweden A (in Europe).

Linus Omark - Andreas Engqvist - André Petersson
Oscar Möller - Johan Sundström - Joakim Lindström
Linus Klasen - David Ullström - Fredrik Pettersson
Dick Axelsson - Joel Lundqvist - Martin Thörnberg
Andreas Thuresson

Junland - Fantenberg
Aho - Burström
Rundblad - Gustafsson
Nygren - Masuhr

H.Karlsson
V.Fasth
M.Svensson

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I don't know why Grönborg did not call up Lindblom and Aho... not even as replacements.

Two young guys who are playing lights out in the SHL and would surely have been champing at the bit to make their senior debuts.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I don't know why Grönborg did not call up Lindblom and Aho... not even as replacements.

Two young guys who are playing lights out in the SHL and would surely have been champing at the bit to make their senior debuts.

Well, maybe this Russian team will convince other coaches to follow the example. It'll be a lot of fun, and perhaps make people to buy tickets again.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well, maybe this Russian team will convince other coaches to follow the example. It'll be a lot of fun, and perhaps make people to buy tickets again.

Hopefully... I mean, if those two especially keep playing at even 80% the level they have so far them not getting in team for Channel One cup would be just silly.

Lindblom leads all Swedish SHL forwards in points, while being a very defensively responsible player... yet 15 forwards were in the squad at one point or another and he was not one of them.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Was a pretty good game by Sweden today. Only gave up ~20 SOG and barely anything in the 3rd with the game up for grabs. Omark, Thuresson, Rundblad making good impressions aswell as many of the younger players. Lindblom got a goal in his debut, was an own goal though. And Bertilsson the unlikely game winner.

Bjornee

Feb 9, 2014
Sweden
Was a pretty good game by Sweden today. Only gave up ~20 SOG and barely anything in the 3rd with the game up for grabs. Omark, Thuresson, Rundblad making good impressions aswell as many of the younger players. Lindblom got a goal in his debut, was an own goal though. And Bertilsson the unlikely game winner.

Would you consider this team a better team "on paper", than the swedish team that lost all 3 games in the Karjala tour earlier this year?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Would you consider this team a better team "on paper", than the swedish team that lost all 3 games in the Karjala tour earlier this year?

Nope, but let's be honest the Karjala team massively underperformed. The European based players aren't that bad anymore no matter who you pick, they should never lose three in a row. One of the advantages with this team is that it's pretty clear what two lines are supposed to score, so the roles are set.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Team Sweden A (in Europe).

Linus Omark - Andreas Engqvist - André Petersson
Oscar Möller - Johan Sundström - Joakim Lindström
Linus Klasen - David Ullström - Fredrik Pettersson
Dick Axelsson - Joel Lundqvist - Martin Thörnberg
Andreas Thuresson

Junland - Fantenberg
Aho - Burström
Rundblad - Gustafsson
Nygren - Masuhr

H.Karlsson
V.Fasth
M.Svensson

I understand he's old, but certainly S. Kronwall deserves to be on that team.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Nope, but let's be honest the Karjala team massively underperformed. The European based players aren't that bad anymore no matter who you pick, they should never lose three in a row. One of the advantages with this team is that it's pretty clear what two lines are supposed to score, so the roles are set.

It seemed like this group 'wanted' it more too.

I think every line having at least one guy who is willing to go to work around the net and boards really helped. Omark had loads of space all game because Ryno and Lindblom were forechecking and backchecking like demons and keeping cycles alive on the boards.

I thought Brodin, Zackrisson, Norman and Thuresson had really quite nice games too. Just harassed opponents and made their lives difficult.

The cycle and puck retrieval was very 'Canadian' actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad