Euro Hockey Tour: Euro Hockey Tour 2016-2017

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Finland is like a old boys club at the moment. Even Miro Aaltonen got chosen just because of injuries lol. They really think these players who were good maybe 5 years ago will all be needed. Speed, youth and motivation are needed in these games, all of which are things that these old boys are lacking.
Yeah, best players weren't chosen. I've never seen Finns this uninterested about this tournament.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Odds almost give you 4x money on Czech Republic vs Finland.

Dunno how good this czech squad is though.

I'd pick Russia over Sweden anyday. In 10 games against Russia, usually win like 2 or 3.

There are some rookies in CZ team for this tournament and guys like Birner, Repik, Cervenka, Sobotka, maybe Kaspar or even Jan Kovar, who was agreed to play just against Sweden. won't be there.

Despite this I would say its not about names but about system and team work right now. And this is what we played really well against Sweden.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Love this Russian youngsters team. I'm hoping they give a number of these guys a shot at WHC. I know that would probably mean less likely to medal, but in the long run, it could be a great thing.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I got a feeling the game vs Sweden won't go as smooth as previous one for us.

Yes it will grönborg is more useless than a bag of **** seriously hope the swedish federation rips his contract up and accepts their loss

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Svetlakov is so good defensively.

I'm surprised he didn't get drafted in the most recent draft. He doesn't put up many points, but who's to say he couldn't be a very good 4C?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pity Barabanov has pronged his SKA contract, he's NHL ready and can play on any line, from the 1st to the 4th. But I understand him, he wants to earn some money. I doubt, he was paid good, playing on the 4th line all previous seasons.

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
Yes it will grönborg is more useless than a bag of **** seriously hope the swedish federation rips his contract up and accepts their loss
What is this all about? Semifinals in World cup isn't bad. Btw is he on Valium, much more calm nowadays?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Love this Russian youngsters team. I'm hoping they give a number of these guys a shot at WHC. I know that would probably mean less likely to medal, but in the long run, it could be a great thing.

I expect quite a number of themat WHC. Wild guessing after 10 games in the NHL, I know, but who are we going to get from the NHL?

Obvious ones mght be only Zaytsev, maybe Provorov(I warmed up towards Znarok a bit now, but I still don't think it's a given he'd give Provorov a chance if available), Kulikov(sigh), Zadorov(oh my, since when are we getting D-men in bunches?:)), Grgorenko(again if Znarok is not conservative with personell).

Tampa, Washington, Chicago, St.Louis, Montreal look like playoff locks at the time.

Again, very wild guess right now, but it could look like:

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Barabanov
Gusev-Grigorenko-Nichushkin
Mozyakin-Shipachev-Dadonov
Golyshev-Prokhorkin-Telegin

Kaprizov, Svetlakov, Korshkov, Kraskovskiy

Zaytsev-Denisov
Ozhiganov-Voynov
Mironov-Provorov
Zadorov-Antipin

Kulikov(I can dream, right?), Bereglazov, Kiselevich, Rafikov

With Varlamov and maybe Bobrvsky available I can only hope Znarok gives the yunger guys a chance.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Another loss for our fearless leader Marjamäki
another loss to Finland :(

Team Finland with Marjamäki

5 - 0 - 0 - 5
6 goals for,19 against

Marjamäki has no clue how to coach national team
Marjamäki needs to get star star star star out!!!

- the world cup was humiliation,that team with that roster should
of done better,muuuuuuch better

- our own EHT tournament has been a joke so far

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Czechs have been great so far. Aggresive, fast game and confidence.
The D finally provides nice offensive support, Jerabek and Polasek in particular. Good basis on which to build.

Bjornee

Feb 9, 2014
Sweden
Czechs have been great so far. Aggresive, fast game and confidence.
The D finally provides nice offensive support, Jerabek and Polasek in particular. Good basis on which to build.

Swedish press were impressed by the czechs. According to them the last 5-10 years of Czech hockey have been terrible because of development issues but are now rising. These last two games are proof of that.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Marjamäki has no clue how to coach national team
Marjamäki needs to get star star star star out!!!
Thus far, Marjamäki has only been losing games not very many people give a flying speck about.

And I don't care even if he loses every game in the following 180 days as long as he gets his stuff together by the 5th May 2017, when is the next one that might make bit of a ripple if we lose.

But I've no reason to believe it'll take that long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad