Euro: Euro 2021 Official rosters

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Welp.... Czechs got completely dominated by Italy yesterday. Probably the worst effort ive ever seen in Czech soccer.
I know it’s just a friendly but I expected a better performance than that.
They better get their S*** together especially on the back line.
That was not the team that played Belgium really tough a little while ago.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A few nice moments from the french NT....

First, WC 18, Deschamps walks in to 4 players playing "tournante", which means ping pon where you run from one side to the other (which is risky for ankles and all). Notice the silence when he walks in :laugh:

Second is the 98 defense talking about how to stop Ronaldo (the real one).

What does Deschamps say in the first clip to the players?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You play normal! Don't go around playing like dummies around the table or you'll lose a calf.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Wales not exactly flying into the tournament, ok against France they played most of the match with 10 men but I couldn’t get through watching them against Albania, horrible 0:0 draw. Again probably shouldn’t take too much from these games though

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
France is clearly the favorite to repeat but just wondering if France does lose which team is likely to beat them?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
White is barely PL level, while James is a superstar in the making.
That is a terrible take. Guys been amazing in his first full premier league season playing as a DM and a CB in both a back 4 and 5. Potter had him adjusting a lot and every time White did so seamlessly.

He was also a huge part of Brighton's build-up, he shows great passing range, and has solid defensive numbers. There is a reason big clubs are trying to land him

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Very good warm up game for Belgium against Croatia, even though it was only 1-0 in the end. Lukaku could have scored more, hit the post in the first half (with Carrasco hitting the crossbar in the rebound) and Livakovic had a brilliant save in the second half on a close range header.
Thought the defence was really good too, looked very focused, and Tielemans was great in midfield.

Croatia on the other hand while still having a couple of brilliant midfield players very much lack a front presence, they had nothing going for them on offence. Perisic is a winger, Rebic was quite invisible and their main striker, I don't even remember his name, he did nothing. I did like Gvardiol and Brekalo when they came on.

Also.. Hazard played 10 minutes, at the end. He honestly looked like he hasn't played any football in years.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Rebic is out of form and Petkovic I fear was a flash in a pan during the qualifiers (he has the ability but apparently not the best professional off the field which will probably prevent a decent transfer abroad, both Dalic and Dinamo’s coach have warned him during the season) and he has some sort of shoulder injury he is playing through.

Gvardiol is one of the better prospects in Croatia, he is moving to Leipzig this season, can play both CB and LB

I think Croatia will crash in the groups, the atmosphere seems bad (the veterans and younger guys apparently don’t get along), Kramaric hinting he doesn’t see eye to eye with the manager either. The defense is awful and since the WC you can count on one hand how many good games they have played

Last edited:

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
England beat Romania 1-0, Rashford penalty. Jordan Henderson played 45 minutes and missed a penalty. Sancho and Calvert-Lewin hit the bar but an unconvincing performance. Johnstone made a great save in the second half.

Started with a 4-2-3-1 then changed to 4-3-3 after subs. City and Chelsea players still not involved.

Grealish drew a lot of fouls as usual, Ward-Prowse and White played well too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Henderson is definitely not healthy

I think Southgate made a major mistake by taking so many players that are not fully fit

But I also don’t exactly cheer England on, so whatever.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Rebic is out of form and Petkovic I fear was a flash in a pan during the qualifiers (he has the ability but apparently not the best professional off the field which will probably prevent a decent transfer abroad, both Dalic and Dinamo’s coach have warned him during the season) and he has some sort of shoulder injury he is playing through.

Gvardiol is one of the better prospects in Croatia, he is moving to Leipzig this season, can play both CB and LB

I think Croatia will crash in the groups, the atmosphere seems bad (the veterans and younger guys apparently don’t get along), Kramaric hinting he doesn’t see eye to eye with the manager either. The defense is awful and since the WC you can count on one hand how many good games they have played

Dalic has to be one of the worst coaches at the tournament. I’m not expecting much from this team. I would be shocked if they advanced past the Round of 16.

Not even convinced they finish top 2 on the group. Might be a lucky 3rd place team that advances to the knockout.

People might be sleeping on Scotland in that group.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
England beat Romania 1-0, Rashford penalty. Jordan Henderson played 45 minutes and missed a penalty. Sancho and Calvert-Lewin hit the bar but an unconvincing performance. Johnstone made a great save in the second half.

Started with a 4-2-3-1 then changed to 4-3-3 after subs. City and Chelsea players still not involved.

Grealish drew a lot of fouls as usual, Ward-Prowse and White played well too.

I thought he was cut?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ben White gets the nod to replace Trent in the squad. Very wrong not to take Ward Prowse, IMO, with Henderson half-fit and England so shallow in deeper midfield, but I get the logic of taking a CB when Maguire is half-fit and England is so shallow at CB lol.
White can play both CB and CM which is maybe why he was picked there? JWP should have gone instead of Henderson in the first place

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If Henderson isn't fit, it's a big mistake.

But White should have had some claim to a spot, considering he can play both midfield and defense. I wouldn't want him playing unless it was an emergency, but he's not a bad player.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jogi's gunna Jogi...as evidenced by the squad selection...but I'd like to see something like:

( 4-3-3 )
Havertz/Werner* - Gnabry - Sane/Hofmann*
Gundogan* - Goretzka*
Kimmich
Gosens - Rüdiger - Hummels/Ginter - Klostermann
Neuer

( 3-1-4-2 )
Gnabry/Werner - Havertz/Volland*
Gosens - Gundogan* - Goretzka* - Hofmann
Kimmich
Rüdiger** - Hummels/Ginter - Klostermann
Neuer

( 3-4-3 )
Havertz/Werner* - Gnabry - Sane/Volland*
Gosens - Kimmich - Goretzka/Gundogan - Hofmann
Rüdiger** - Hummels/Ginter - Klostermann
Neuer

*Müller / Musiala / Neuhaus
**Ginter / Can / Halstenberg​

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Ben White gets the nod to replace Trent in the squad. Very wrong not to take Ward Prowse, IMO, with Henderson half-fit and England so shallow in deeper midfield, but I get the logic of taking a CB when Maguire is half-fit and England is so shallow at CB lol.

taking Maguire is so stupid.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
5BEBBACB-1FE1-4698-82BD-06858AF43026.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad