Injury Report: Euro 2020, June 11 - July 11, TSN & TVA Sports: Kickoff

Scottish Hab

Mar 2, 2018
Glasgow
They'll declare independence if they win. :)
We'll be doing that in time anyway :naughty:

Considering how much we were written off pre match and how poor we were against the Czech Republic then I am delighted with a point but though thought we created enough chances to grab a win but they also had a few.

But keeps qualification hopes alive till final match, so cannae complain.

Reactions: LeHab and ArtPeur

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Full capacity of +67 000 for France @ Hungary. Feels like France will pot one any minute.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Full capacity of +67 000 for France @ Hungary. Feels like France will pot one any minute.

Match is in Budapest and that crowd is massive and loud. France came back to tie it, now game in the 85th minute.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Benzema's been disappointing so far for France, expected more from his this time around. He's killing it with Real Madrid but has 0 goal on 30 shots so far in three Euros (2008, 2012 and 2021). Underwhelming for a world-class striker.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Benzema's been disappointing so far for France, expected more from his this time around. He's killing it with Real Madrid but has 0 goal on 30 shots so far in three Euros (2008, 2012 and 2021). Underwhelming for a world-class striker.

I knew it from the start. There’s no reason he should be on the team. Especially when you consider what he’s done to teammates in the past. I’ve never thought he was world class, he just happens to play for Real Madrid.

Giroud fits more and I thought they owed him at least the start of the first game considering how well he gelled with these same forwards last tournament.

Reactions: dinodebino

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Denmark with a shellacking on Russia and the Dutch put away Macedonia rather easily,could have been many more if able to finish.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I knew it from the start. There’s no reason he should be on the team. Especially when you consider what he’s done to teammates in the past. I’ve never thought he was world class, he just happens to play for Real Madrid.

Giroud fits more and I thought they owed him at least the start of the first game considering how well he gelled with these same forwards last tournament.

Didier Deschamps warned Olivier many times about his lack of play time, he asked him to find a team where he would get more minutes, he never listened. Giroud was also goalless during the World Cup.

Benzema is definitely a world class player, he's our only good offensive player since Ronaldo was sold to la Juve. The second-best goal scorer after Karim this season is Casemiro, with 5 goals... Even with the lack of offensive support, we almost won La Liga for the second time in a row and we went as far as possible in the CL, but we lost to the future champion.

His first preparation game against Wales was pretty good, he had many chances, but was unlucky. Against Germany he had some chances, unfortunately they were offside, he made an awesome pass to Kylian, who found himself alone, but was tackled from behind by Hummels, Karim participated in the first goal. I missed the game against Hungary, I can't say much about it.

That been said, he needs to score goals, it's his job. It's all good to get some opportunities, but as a striker your job is to score and for the moment he's not doing that. I'm disappointed in him, but it's not too late to do something.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Didier Deschamps warned Olivier many times about his lack of play time, he asked him to find a team where he would get more minutes, he never listened. Giroud was also goalless during the World Cup.

Benzema is definitely a world class player, he's our only good offensive player since Ronaldo was sold to la Juve. The second-best goal scorer after Karim this season is Casemiro, with 5 goals... Even with the lack of offensive support, we almost won La Liga for the second time in a row and we went as far as possible in the CL, but we lost to the future champion.

His first preparation game against Wales was pretty good, he had many chances, but was unlucky. Against Germany he had some chances, unfortunately they were offside, he made an awesome pass to Kylian, who found himself alone, but was tackled from behind by Hummels, Karim participated in the first goal. I missed the game against Hungary, I can't say much about it.

That been said, he needs to score goals, it's his job. It's all good to get some opportunities, but as a striker your job is to score and for the moment he's not doing that. I'm disappointed in him, but it's not too late to do something.

Giroud isn’t there to score goals. He’s elite at deception, playmaking and holding the ball. That’s why he worked so well at the World Cup. I understand he’s a bit older and you might want a player with slightly more impact, but to me that player is not Benzema.

I’d like to see them try Ben Yedder.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Giroud isn’t there to score goals. He’s elite at deception, playmaking and holding the ball. That’s why he worked so well at the World Cup. I understand he’s a bit older and you might want a player with slightly more impact, but to me that player is not Benzema.

I’d like to see them try Ben Yedder.

Benzema is also pretty good at deception and a way better playmaker, Giroud is better as a target man, because he's stronger and superior in the air. Karim's problem is that he's often playing like a false nine, he likes to combine with midfielders, whereas Olivier will stay upfront, not touch a lot of balls, but you can be sure that he will be in the box when you need him.

It's too late for Wissam, they tried him a bit before, but it was inconclusive.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
1520256134-risitasue2.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad