Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear signs 2-year $2M AAV

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
How to tell everyone you dont know who to evaluate dmen with out telling everyone you dont know how to evaluare dmen.

I evaluate D-men like a boss. I was right on when I said at the time of the Griffin Reinhart trade that it was the worst trade I've ever seen - giving up two top draft picks in an excellent draft year for a career AHLer in Reinhart. Many Oiler fans disagreed with me back then saying that Chiarelli is a great GM and Reinhart will be a stud defenseman.

Bear belongs in AHL and Oilers will not win a playoff series with Bear on the blue line. Mark my words.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I evaluate D-men like a boss. I was right on when I said at the time of the Griffin Reinhart trade that it was the worst trade I've ever seen - giving up two top draft picks in an excellent draft year for a career AHLer in Reinhart. Many Oiler fans disagreed with me back then saying that Chiarelli is a great GM and Reinhart will be a stud defenseman.

Bear belongs in AHL and Oilers will not win a playoff series with Bear on the blue line. Mark my words.
You are embarrassing yourself one post at a time.

Bear is clearly a NHL level D.

And I dont think any Oiler fans said Reinhart will be a stud, so making up stuff to try and make yourself feel better isnt a good look.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
I evaluate D-men like a boss.

Ha ha. Who could have thought it would have gotten more humorous after the 1st line. Yet somehow it achieved the unachievable.
Bravo

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
It's been said that Dmen need about 400 games of experience to really mature into the players they were meant to become.
I like Bear, and he really just needs a few years of maturation to work out the jitters.

There's nothing wrong with that, but the unfortunate thing is we're faced with either developing him or Bouchard, and we might not be able to properly develop them both.

I get the feeling one of them will be moved as a complimentary piece for Seth Jones.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IIRC it was said that he bulked up a bit muscle mass wise this past offseason. I wonder if he might instead work more on his speed and quickness this offseason?

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It's been said that Dmen need about 400 games of experience to really mature into the players they were meant to become.
I like Bear, and he really just needs a few years of maturation to work out the jitters.

There's nothing wrong with that, but the unfortunate thing is we're faced with either developing him or Bouchard, and we might not be able to properly develop them both.

I get the feeling one of them will be moved as a complimentary piece for Seth Jones.
imagine giving up on Nurse after 2 years

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
IIRC it was said that he bulked up a bit muscle mass wise this past offseason. I wonder if he might instead work more on his speed and quickness this offseason?

I hope so, he was so slow this year compared to last year. Quickness is better over strength for a Dman his size. He's never going to outmuscle big forwards so he needs to be quicker then them. That's why he was effective last season.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal

His quickness was definitely more of an asset his first season. Infact I think a lot of us compared him to Duncan Keith-lite (more a stylistic comparison). Smart decisions, short passes, great transition, able to read the play defensively.

I felt like his biggest issue this season (especially these playoffs) was his composure and panic level, absolutely bottomed out. Probably a complete lack of confidence. Also teams realized he could be overpowered more easily than Nurse, so the puck was often dumped into his corner, with more aggressive forechecking.

Unfortunately working that part of the game out just takes maturation and games played.

imagine giving up on Nurse after 2 years

OMG exactly!

Just like we gave up on Petry, and Schultz. For a team that desperately needed Right-shot Dmen for the past decade, it was pretty boneheaded that we gave these guys for no reason at all.

Looking back on his playoffs though, he's lambasted for giving the puck away for the game-tying goal.

But if you think throughout the season, he was doing that same pass.

A LOT was written about Dave Tippett's adjustment to pass the puck up the middle rather than down the boards. They were aware that mistakes WOULD be made, and passes would be picked off from time to time, but that was the best way for them to generate offense, and over time they would just get better at reading and executing that play.

Well.. the Jets caught on, and read that play perfectly.

As long as Tippett is coach, Bear is going to keep making that pass, and over time, we hope he gets better at reading the conditions at executing on it.

Last edited:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca