Friedman: Ethan Bear requests a trade, Canucks, Capitals, Leafs have shown interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
What are the Canes planning to get in this lop-sided trade? A better pick than they should be getting? Kuzmenko? Joshua?
If I had to guess, the Canes like to stack up on D, so they'd probably trade Bear for a vet who doesn't mind being the 7th D

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
If I had to guess, the Canes like to stack up on D, so they'd probably trade Bear for a vet who doesn't mind being the 7th D
They already have 7 d ahead of Bear, including a vet who doesn’t mind not playing every game.

Jalen Chatfield seems to have cemented himself as 3rd pairing RD and then Dylan Coghlan and Calvin de Haan have been splitting time at 3rd pairing LD.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Somewhat off-topic , but how the hell didnt these teams interested in Bear , offer more than what the Devils did to get Marino? Marino has been amazing so far for us. Pens trading him in division is kinda odd to me . I guess they really liked Ty Smith over other options? Who knows what was all offered , but I just thought Marino would have been highly sought after bu these teams

Reactions: banks

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Huh? Where did I say I hated anyone? It was a simple question, I haven't seen Bear play much but he's a RHD which is where we should be looking to improve.
Holl is the Leafs #1 right hand shooting defenseman and you think Bear might better? Doesnt sound like you are in love with Holl that’s for sure.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
3-way trade.

Bear --> Detroit
Puljujärvi --> Carolina
Zadina --> Edmonton.

Fill in the incentives.

Ehhh oilers says NOooOO!!

I thought Zadina was something, they arent.

Bear -> Washington
Yamamoto -> Carolina
LD -> Oilers

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Huh? Where did I say I hated anyone? It was a simple question, I haven't seen Bear play much but he's a RHD which is where we should be looking to improve.

He's better then at Holl at some things but he's not really great at anything. His transition, break out game is pretty good but he needs to play a simple mistake free type game to be of value. The problem is he's just not blessed with physical skills. Kind of small, not a great skater, not physical. He has pretty good IQ I would say but he gets into trouble when he tries to do to much or things that he's just not generally capable of executing. His style could work as a top 4 with a strong stay at home partner but he's definitely not gonna carry a pairing. Most teams want physical, defence first minded guys on their bottom pairing and he just isn't that at all. He has shown flashes of being that top 4 guy but conditioning and consistency are his problem.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Holl is the Leafs #1 right hand shooting defenseman and you think Bear might better? Doesnt sound like you are in love with Holl that’s for sure.
I asked if he was better, I never said I think he might be better. Am I in love with Holl? No, but I think he should be on a bottom pairing on a healthy lineup.

He's better then at Holl at some things but he's not really great at anything. His transition, break out game is pretty good but he needs to play a simple mistake free type game to be of value. The problem is he's just not blessed with physical skills. Kind of small, not a great skater, not physical. He has pretty good IQ I would say but he gets into trouble when he tries to do to much or things that he's just not generally capable of executing. His style could work as a top 4 with a strong stay at home partner but he's definitely not gonna carry a pairing. Most teams want physical, defence first minded guys on their bottom pairing and he just isn't that at all. He has shown flashes of being that top 4 guy but conditioning and consistency are his problem.
Sounds like Dermott

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

I’d give it another game or two before going for this. Dude is not good from what I’ve seen, and our D looked better against the.. Habs. So. Really not sure if he’s an upgrade or a lateral move, if they want a 7th sure, otherwise they can kick rocks.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
What’s the ask from Anaheim if we absorb the entire cap hit?
I think Bear's value is a 3rd round pick. At some point he might be dealt for a lower pick, but if Don Waddell isn't getting offers around a 3rd in value, he'd probably rather just hold onto the asset all season as an injury replacement. The Canes don't need to make any moves to stay cap compliant so there's no pressure. I do think we'd probably do some retention if the other team needed at and if we were getting an asset back.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't think Bear has any value and if waived may not even be picked up.

I can see a Holl / Bear trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad