Post-Game Talk: Error Code: BOS3-2MTL Too Many Penalties Allowed

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Pacioretty will get his 25 goals like every year.It was an amazing trade and I'd do it over and over.
Problem with MB is that he dismantled the D. To get Drouin they gave up on a talented prospect. Many may disagree with me but I rather have Radulov and Sergachev over Drouin.

Mete is stalling in his development. Juulsen is good this year but got injured. Weber is injured too often and they have up Subban who was younger and doesn't have a history of injuries to speak of. Beaulieu, Emelin and Markov were not part of future plans. Instead MB replaced them with Benn, Schlemko, Reilly and Alzner. Petry in my mind is overrated. We also have Kulak now. The Schlemko, Benn and Alzner fiasco is enough for MB to finally get fired.

They managed to stock up on centers last draft. This draft is all about D. I rather see the Habs finish last then make the playoffs with a first round exit.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Problem with MB is that he dismantled the D. To get Drouin they gave up on a talented prospect. Many may disagree with me but I rather have Radulov and Sergachev over Drouin.

Mete is stalling in his development. Juulsen is good this year but got injured. Weber is injured too often and they have up Subban who was younger and doesn't have a history of injuries to speak of. Beaulieu, Emelin and Markov were not part of future plans. Instead MB replaced them with Benn, Schlemko and Alzner. We also have Kulak now but these D are not well adapted for today's NHL.

They managed to stock up on centers last draft. This draft is all about D. I rather see the Habs finish last then make the playoffs with a first round exit.
I think this was Weber's first major injury and it started off getting hit in the skate with a puck.I think Subban is currently injured as we speak? Subban is 4 years younger at least.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
No the stats prove he’s good defensively. I never denied that. The stats don’t prove he creates offence because he doesn’t. He’s playing with the two best wingers on the team and he doesn’t do anything.

Look at 5v5 points and come back to me. Danault is not a PP player. He is 100% a top 6 player 5v5

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I think this was Weber's first major injury and it started off getting hit in the skate with a puck.I think Subban is currently injured as we speak? Subban is 4 years younger at least.
You are right about Weber having his first injury but trading Subban for a D that was 5 years older was a big blunder.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Look at 5v5 points and come back to me. Danault is not a PP player. He is 100% a top 6 player 5v5
Danault is the new Desharnais. Julien seems to be getting advice from Therrien. Nothing will change. They will always favor that french speaking smallish center. I feel sorry for Hudon however.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Right. I’m sure the opposing team’s dressing room before every game is

“Hey guys, we are playing Phillip Danault tonight, what’s the gameplan to stop him”

:laugh:

Denying facts with bad arguments when your narrative no longer works. Danault is a solid offensive player while being a solid 5v5 defensive player. That makes him a second liner. And I don't think any NHL teams are really scared from a 2C apart from Malkin and Tavares

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Danault is the new Desharnais. Julien seems to be getting advice from Therrien. Nothing will change. They will always favor that french speaking smallish center. I feel sorry for Hudon however.

Danault is 6 feet tall. Also, Danault brings alot more to the team than Desharnais did (Faceoffs, Defensive work). Desharnais was better on the PP. That's it.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Agreed. He fumbles the puck quite a bit tbh. Not sure the NHL is the best place for his development but we don’t have many alternatives.
They need to shorten his stick a half inch a year for 3 years. Or he needs to learn to choke up on it. Surprised this was not dealt with earlier. It will be.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Denying facts with bad arguments when your narrative no longer works. Danault is a solid offensive player while being a solid 5v5 defensive player. That makes him a second liner. And I don't think any NHL teams are really scared from a 2C apart from Malkin and Tavares

Yeah that’s why he’s 14th on the team in point shares right? Or why he has one goal in like 30 games. What stats are you even talking about? His even strength assists? Because he plays with the two best wingers on his team? Great argument.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Danault is 6 feet tall. Also, Danault brings alot more to the team than Desharnais did (Faceoffs, Defensive work). Desharnais was better on the PP. That's it.
They are both similar. DD was small and faster. DD was a second pairing C at best and by the end, he was no longer capable to play in the NHL. They were playing DD way too much. Danault is bigger but a third C at best but they are still overplaying him. It's like they keep repeating the same mistakes. They got Domi and got lucky by putting him at center. But still, it seems they didn't learn from the Drouin experiment last year.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
So what's your solution ? There is nobody to replace him. You can't blame Danault for the lack of depth this team has.

I would've said Kotkaniemi but with how he's been playing recently ... he's not better.
There is no solution. Doesn't mean I have to love Danault.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Yeah that’s why he’s 14th on the team in point shares right? Or why he has one goal in like 30 games. What stats are you even talking about? His even strength assists? Because he plays with the two best wingers on his team? Great argument.

Shaw has been playing with the two best wingers on his team. Sedin and Thornton always played with the best wingers on their team. Did I ever see anyone say they were bad because of it? No... Kotkaniemi has been playing like **** in the past few games and cost us the game tonight more than Drouin did. Danault is a top 6 C and no one will put him on the 3rd line because Kotka, Peca, Chaput aren't good enough.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
**** this. Habs showing their true colors now. Playing at a high level when nobody was expecting them. And now....we are where we should be. Hopefully, this whole Bergevin is god for Domi and Tatar has come to and end and people see the real bad team we have now.
Bergevin is God. lol Doubt anyone went that far.

The real grind of the season has not even begun.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Shaw has been playing with the two best wingers on his team. Sedin and Thornton always played with the best wingers on their team. Did I ever see anyone say they were bad because of it? No... Kotkaniemi has been playing like **** in the past few games and cost us the game tonight more than Drouin did. Danault is a top 6 C and no one will put him on the 3rd line because Kotka, Peca, Chaput aren't good enough.

Domi is a winger? I had no idea. I thought he was playing centre all year.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A solid offensive center?...lol. No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad