Post-Game Talk: Error Code: BOS3-2MTL Too Many Penalties Allowed

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Before the season start not many peoples tought it would be possible that the Habs be 11-8-5 when Weber return to the line up, pretty happy with the result so far, Byron mist 13 games Armia 9

Curious to see how it will turn out getting those guy back, Weber coming back next game and apparently Byron is really close to be back too
It's funny, myself and a few other posters were at the start of the season the most optimistic fans and we thought the Habs were a bubble team. If they made the playoffs it would be as the final wild card. We were ridiculed. And now the same posters who ridiculed us are whining and complaining that the Habs are no better than a bubble team.

I suspect if Bergeron had traded Price, Petry & Weber for top picks, moved Byron, Tatar and Armia for more draft picks and the Habs were kissing the basement floor they would be complaining that he gutted the team. I see a lot of good things with this team. The problem is that the defence right now is not one of them and MB needs to address that problem. I think he'll wait a couple of weeks to see how Weber's and Byron's return affects the team.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It's funny, myself and a few other posters were at the start of the season the most optimistic fans and we thought the Habs were a bubble team. If they made the playoffs it would be as the final wild card. We were ridiculed. And now the same posters who ridiculed us are whining and complaining that the Habs are no better than a bubble team.

I suspect if Bergeron had traded Price, Petry & Weber for top picks, moved Byron, Tatar and Armia for more draft picks and the Habs were kissing the basement floor they would be complaining that he gutted the team.
I see a lot of good things with this team. The problem is that the defence right now is not one of them and MB needs to address that problem. I think he'll wait a couple of weeks to see how Weber's and Byron's return affects the team.
So what ?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Okay well I said much earlier that our pace was completely unsustainable, esp with this D corp. I will wait till january like I said I would before i laugh about our hot start and massive slide. Its like groundhog day here.

Every year people get excited by a hot start and then boom close to december and the wheels fall off, then we wonder if we will suck enough to admit defeat by february and actually move what we can to improve the team in the long run. If we are 2 points out of the playoffs(unlikely to me) by TDL I think we go for it (playoffs) even though that is a terrible decision.
Of course it was always gonna b unsustainable, everyone and their grandmothers knew that, still, it was fun to watch, still is.

I believe most fans just want to watch exciting entertaining hockey, and that’s exactly what we are getting.

My expectations this year is to just show compete, results doesn’t even take a back seat, it’s in the trunk. They will finish where they will finish.

I love this team, and there’s nothing I’d like more than to watch them hoist the cup, but reality is it’s extremely unlikely to happen. Deep down, I hope we finish at the bottom again and draft Cozens or Dach, or Kakko. Then use some of our wingers to aquire young LHD with Skill and then use up all our cap space (7m$ player).....all off season stuff.

If we can do that, we'll contend as early as next year IMHO

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Of course it was always gonna b unsustainable, everyone and their grandmothers knew that, still, it was fun to watch, still is.

I believe most fans just want to watch exciting entertaining hockey, and that’s exactly what we are getting.

My expectations this year is to just show compete, results doesn’t even take a back seat, it’s in the trunk. They will finish where they will finish.

I love this team, and there’s nothing I’d like more than to watch them hoist the cup, but reality is it’s extremely unlikely to happen. Deep down, I hope we finish at the bottom again and draft Cozens or Dach, or Kakko. Then use some of our wingers to aquire young LHD with Skill and then use up all our cap space (7m$ player).....all off season stuff.

does "everyone" includes the posters creating PO threads or "are we this year Vegas" thread for example ?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

I agree with this sentiment all around. It's the best of both worlds. This young team is here to fight and should they fail, I hope they fail big. A good example was Jesperi's blunder last night. I don't mind it at all. He got stripped of the puck in the midst of doing the right thing. He had open ice and he was trying to make use of it. I would rather have that than 10 pucks chipped harmlessly to the other team. ''But it led to a goal against.'' Good. Let's get Kaapo for Jesperi to play with. I hope we lose every game 7-6 in regulation and give the other teams bruises and bloody noses for their trouble.

It's not our time yet, but soon it will be.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Gotta love some of these coaching decisions...you play Kotkaniemi in the middle in front of the net in PP....and you put your 4th line goal scoring machines in when falling behind with 3 mins left in the game. You just deserve to loose with that shit.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Sean Campbell kind of defending Drouin for his stupid high sticking penalty late on the TSN690 post game. Said that it was an old school way of defending yourself. :dunno: Sorry Sean Campbell but it was selfish, stupid and he was undisciplined and it cost the Habs the game.
I actually agree with this. Backes was coming after him because Drouin was playing inspired and was a difference maker. Small players can’t play intimidated. Drouin needs that rep (like theo fleury) that if you come after him he won’t back down and he could use his stick to hurt you. He meant to crosscheck him in the arms/chest area like a Short sharp shock but backes who is a big man came in weirdly low and took it in the face.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I actually agree with this. Backes was coming after him because Drouin was playing inspired and was a difference maker. Small players can’t play intimidated. Drouin needs that rep (like theo fleury) that if you come after him he won’t back down and he could use his stick to hurt you. He meant to crosscheck him in the arms/chest area like a Short sharp shock but backes who is a big man came in weirdly low and took it in the face.
just like with Domi, he wont, so opponents are taking him off his game.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Habs played a good game, the PK which had been horrible was solid against one of the best PPs in the league.

Some bad luck led to the winning goal. An inadvertent high stick for a 4min penalty plus Shaw's stick breaking.

Yet 75% of posters acting like we lost 10-0.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We should have beaten the Bruins, they had several key guys out of the lineup...similar to the Caps earlier in the week......4 losses in a row, with two loser points....not good at all guys, guess the Tank is back on?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
@Whitesnake B's are hanging on because of 2 hot goaltenders and incredibly the Bruins have given up the least amount of goals in the NHL so far.

What is making the Atlantic fascinating is the Sabres are finally showing some life after years of being a bottom feeder.

We will see you guys again in 3 weeks

Yeah, we don't have that luxury to have hot goalies. Our goalies relies on what is in front of them. And offensive support is not even good enough now. Imagine how crap this team is....

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Habs played a good game, the PK which had been horrible was solid against one of the best PPs in the league.

Some bad luck led to the winning goal. An inadvertent high stick for a 4min penalty plus Shaw's stick breaking.

Yet 75% of posters acting like we lost 10-0.
A cross check to the face is not inadvertent. It's plain stupid particularly at that time of the game.
The Bruins were dead in the water at that point.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Without Weber, Juulsen, Byron and Armia, with Alzner, Schlemko, Agostino and Chaput. I'm not even mad.
Puts it in perspective, but the Bruins were missing Bergeron, Chara, Mcavoy......so teams have to deal with injuries...

We just dont have the depth like other teams do, when it comes to injuries.

Still in decent shape in the standings, and really a surprise, to have done it without Chez Veber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad