Post-Game Talk: Error Code: BOS3-2MTL Too Many Penalties Allowed

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Before the season start not many peoples tought it would be possible that the Habs be 11-8-5 when Weber return to the line up, pretty happy with the result so far, Byron mist 13 games Armia 9

Curious to see how it will turn out getting those guy back, Weber coming back next game and apparently Byron is really close to be back too

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I had to go back and rewatch KKs giveaway that resulted in the goal cause when he first coughed it up I figured no big deal cause we still had a man back but then Backes had a breakaway. I’ve watched it several times, Schlemko is in position top of the circle on his left side, puck comes out and he’s out of the frame, turnover, and about 5 secs later we see Schlemko skating off the boards near the circle on the right side. Did he actually glitch or go pose for a selfie with a fan? WTF was he doing to be so out of position. Doesn’t excuse the turnover and not overly impressed with the kids backcheck but should’ve been a nothing 1:1 play

Reactions: muzion

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
That number seems to get lower and lower the closer someone's orbits Bergevin's hole. He used to be a nearly 40 goal guy, now he's a 25 goal guy. Hmm.

I wanted him traded too, but I hesitated to call the return a win at the ten and twenty game mark. We'll see how it plays out toward the end of the season. I doubt both teams will be in the playoffs. I doubt the Habs make it to the playoffs with this defence. I doubt Tatar outscores Pacioretty. So then we are left with Suzuki as the difference maker. Let's see.
We get a second round pick as well don't forget

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And Danualt is 'great' at even strength based on what. One stat? Cause that's all there is if you want to talk stats. 13 assists in 24 games with very good wingers on the top 2 lines. I get it.

17:35/GM
1 G
13 A (The one stat that even stands out and still kinda sucks given his ice time and line mates.)
+0
10 PIM
0 PPA
2 PPG
0 Short handed goals
0 Short Handed assists
0 Game winning goals
38 SOG (LOL)
.026 Shooting % (LOL)
237 Face offs won BUT:
222 Face offs lost
20 Hits (LOL again)
14 Blocks

Can you imagine what the stats would look like if he played on line 3 all year? The guy is a good defensive no 3C. Even there he barely does anything else. BTW, he is owned by 3% of thousands of participants in the largest hockey pool in North America. As a 17:30 minute a night no 2C.That is very likely the lowest of all regular no 2 C men in the league. And large numbers of opinions do count.

He's not ideal for the role he's playing, that doesn't mean he 's not an NHLer or sucks.

He's always been good playing on a line with Lehkonen and Byron.

I don't care about stats, he hasn't been as good over the last few games, despite his 2 assists in Buffalo. But he's usually ferocious on the forecheck, creates turnovers that lead to scoring chances, covers the ice well, is reliable defensively, etc... On thing I like about him is you can play him with Radulov and Pacioretty and he won't hut the line - meaning if you had a #1 center, that center can help another line. At any rate, Kotkaniemi will eventually take his spot, and Domi's ahead of him. I don't see either of those players getting traded. So Danault will be in the 3 hole soon enough.

Reactions: bsl

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
meh, at least they showed some balls and went down with a fight. Can't believe how bad Schlembag is.

Reactions: jaffy27

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
It is the first really bad stretch of the season. Let's see how they get out of it. That is when we will know if they will make the playoffs, imo.

I don't like Drouin's and Domi's selfish plays, though. They are the offensive leaders of this team and they do stupid shit all the time. If you wanna hurt the other team, do it with goals or go for the opposite players when the game allows you to do it. Not in a f***ing tie game with 5 minutes left.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Okay well I said much earlier that our pace was completely unsustainable, esp with this D corp. I will wait till january like I said I would before i laugh about our hot start and massive slide. Its like groundhog day here.

Every year people get excited by a hot start and then boom close to december and the wheels fall off, then we wonder if we will suck enough to admit defeat by february and actually move what we can to improve the team in the long run. If we are 2 points out of the playoffs(unlikely to me) by TDL I think we go for it (playoffs) even though that is a terrible decision.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He's not ideal for the role he's playing, that doesn't mean he 's not an NHLer or sucks.

He's always been good playing on a line with Lehkonen and Byron.

I don't care about stats, he hasn't been as good over the last few games, despite his 2 assists in Buffalo. But he's usually ferocious on the forecheck, creates turnovers that lead to scoring chances, covers the ice well, is reliable defensively, etc... On thing I like about him is you can play him with Radulov and Pacioretty and he won't hut the line - meaning if you had a #1 center, that center can help another line. At any rate, Kotkaniemi will eventually take his spot, and Domi's ahead of him. I don't see either of those players getting traded. So Danault will be in the 3 hole soon enough.

Will Danault eventually be 4th with Poehling, Evans, and Olofsson in the system?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This is an 82 point team. No more, no less. We're just back to stuck in neutral instead of historically bad. No tank, no playoffs. Just existence.

My only caveat to this is how many injuries we have. If we're really healthy, as in way above league average in terms of man games lost, I actually think it's possible this team gets to the playoffs and does damage.

If we had Weber, Juulsen, Byron, and Armia for this last stretch, I think the results are different. (I know other teams have injuries. I'm talking about a scenario where we have far fewer injuries).

Reactions: Forum93

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
**** this. Habs showing their true colors now. Playing at a high level when nobody was expecting them. And now....we are where we should be. Hopefully, this whole Bergevin is god for Domi and Tatar has come to and end and people see the real bad team we have now.

Why do you hope for this? So that you an be right and creep back into the discussion here along with all of the other negative nancy's?

It makes zero f***ing sense for a fan of this team to hope for it to be bad.

Pasternac did same and Canadiens tied it.

People wouldn't be as hard on Patrnak here because he's Czech and not one half of the Canadian cultural/linguistic fabric

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
My only caveat to this is how many injuries we have. If we're really healthy, as in way above league average in terms of man games lost, I actually think it's possible this team gets to the playoffs and does damage.

If we had Weber, Juulsen, Byron, and Armia for this last stretch, I think the results are different. (I know other teams have injuries. I'm talking about a scenario where we have far fewer injuries).
The only damage this team will do is to itself.
Making the POs means hurting your draft position. Habs should be gunning for a high drafting selection.
Damage in the POs...dude..who you kidding man? This team is terrible.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The only damage this team will do is to itself.
Making the POs means hurting your draft position. Habs should be gunning for a high drafting selection.
Damage in the POs...dude..who you kidding man? This team is terrible.
true that,
This team is totally a one-and-done if it actually made the playoffs. Three esteemed pylons on D make it so. Teams with shit defense get booted out of the Stanley Cup Playoffs every year.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Why do you hope for this? So that you an be right and creep back into the discussion here along with all of the other negative nancy's?

It makes zero ****ing sense for a fan of this team to hope for it to be bad.
Sure it makes sense. It's been discussed for over a year already, not sure how you still don't get it.
WS, and others such as myself, feel this team is quite mediocre and in big need if more high end talent. The likeliest way for us to get some is via drafting high. How do we do that? By being bad.
Why would we want that? So we can become a contender tomorrow.
This rebuild on the fly had been our strategy for the past 25 years. It ain't going to work man. Time for different plan.

Reactions: bsl

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
true that,
This team is totally a one-and-done if it actually made the playoffs. Three esteemed pylons on D make it so. Teams with **** defense get booted out of the Stanley Cup Playoffs every year.
Only way to overcome that is with massive talent up front, like the Pens did. Even then, it's very rare.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
true that,
This team is totally a one-and-done if it actually made the playoffs. Three esteemed pylons on D make it so. Teams with **** defense get booted out of the Stanley Cup Playoffs every year.
and we'll eventually see 5-goal Carey back, he's probably already fed up having these guys in front of him... when he'll give up, it will be over.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That Boston D right now are awful. The backhand complain is towards our own D who looks even worst.

@Whitesnake B's are hanging on because of 2 hot goaltenders and incredibly the Bruins have given up the least amount of goals in the NHL so far.

What is making the Atlantic fascinating is the Sabres are finally showing some life after years of being a bottom feeder.

We will see you guys again in 3 weeks

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Team D wasn't as much of an issue; however the fact that so many of them are completely inept offensively is.

Hands of stone. Bruins D had issues too but were far better at moving the puck. You can really see it when the team plays 3 on 3 or 4 on 4. The D has zero ability to handle the puck.

It's frustrating to watch.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
true that,

I know dang it all. If only we still had PK

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
I didn’t see the game but on the Bruins board they are complaining about the reffing. Strange because in here i read a lot of posts saying the same thing on the Habs side. And was Domi’s hit bad or did Pastenak dive ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad