Confirmed with Link: Erne and Vrana file for Arbitration

Christien

May 1, 2010
Would like Vrana to get settled early. Don’t care about Erne.
Erne is kind of important because if he gets a one year from arbitration, it would walk him straight to unrestricted free agency and we’d lose him for nothing. I guess we could trade him at the TDL though if need be…

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Erne is kind of important because if he gets a one year from arbitration, it would walk him straight to unrestricted free agency and we’d lose him for nothing. I guess we could trade him at the TDL though if need be…

If Erne can be a 15 goal 3rd line guy then I'd like to keep him around Detroit for the foreseeable future.
For a guy like Erne this isn't usually a kiss of death situation. It could be the difference between Yzerman saying 2 years, 2.0 million and Erne saying 2 years 2.5 million (Nick Ritchie money) That's a gap that is easy to close. I don't think this will impact whether or not we bring back Erne.

The Vrana situation gives me a little more pause. If Bertuzzi's hit is 5.25 AAV then just by virtue of production Vrana deserves more. And maybe this is exactly the situation Washington was trying to avoid when they traded for Mantha?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
How much are they looking to get

Nobody knows. It's just pure speculation at this point, but Malik did mention that any arbitration deal is either a 1 or 2 year deal. That takes Vrana to unrestricted free agency. Same for Adam Erne.

So...looks like we've got more draft picks in the 2022 draft incoming. Let's hope that Zadina can learn to score 25 goals a season to replace Vrana's lost production.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Nobody knows. It's just pure speculation at this point, but Malik did mention that any arbitration deal is either a 1 or 2 year deal. That takes Vrana to unrestricted free agency. Same for Adam Erne.

So...looks like we've got more draft picks in the 2022 draft incoming. Let's hope that Zadina can learn to score 25 goals a season to replace Vrana's lost production.
I hope they got signed and traded at beginning of the season. Smith, could replace Erne and Vrana if we get late first+ for him I would be happy

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
This could set the rebuild back a year or two. Hope they get signed before the hearing. Otherwise Vrana is likely gone. So we likely lose Bert and Vrana in 2 years. That would be epic blundering.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Vrana under 6 and Erne 3.5 I think is reasonable

Vrana has a salary in the 5s. If it’s 6, it’s because the Wings extend him before it

Erne is going to be lucky to walk out with a 2.0 million award. My bet is that he signs prior to it for 2.25m or so to avoid the hearing

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
This could set the rebuild back a year or two. Hope they get signed before the hearing. Otherwise Vrana is likely gone. So we likely lose Bert and Vrana in 2 years. That would be epic blundering.

what? No it wouldn’t. What the hell do people think arbitration is? Vrana isn’t gone unless he digs in and refuses to play without something nutty like 7M a year or more.

Worst case, Vrana signs his tender and he gets dealt at the TdL

E: Adam Erne could be launched into the Sun in the next 5 minutes and it would not have a material effect on the Red Wings rebuild.

He’s a good soldier and will help out with a good team, but the words dime-a-dozen make some sense here

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Totally disagree here, The rumbling are that Vrana wants a one year prove it deal before he signs long term. Vrana still has 2 RFA years left. So if he has a great season this year we can still sign him long term next summer.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
My bets prior to the hearings...

Erne posits 3.0M
Yzerman goes 1.75M.

Teams meet roughly in middle at 2.25M to avoid arb meeting.

Vrana posits 6.5M
Yzerman goes 4.5-5M.

They either work out long term deal before hand and it's a number closer to what Vrana wants or they sign short term and it's closer to Yzerman's number.

Reactions: ricky0034

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I'm not too sure we could trade Erne at a trade deadline. Not that he's bad or doesn't fill a role but just that he isn't a major piece for any team who gets him. Maybe he could be a side part of a deal involving someone else...

-Not a big point getter, hard to even call him a veteran presence any time soon. We're at a point with some of our lines still where acceptable feels good. But he's not a guy I see anyone giving up something for at the deadline. He's acceptable. That's somewhat of a rarity on our team, but that's all he is. Not even a big depth piece.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Apart from Vrana asking for 8 years at 6 plus million a season, I think if it gets to arbitration that's unacceptable on our mgmts part.

We need some experienced real talent today and over the next 4 years upfront without question.

The guy easily deserves 4-5 years @5-6m per

Reactions: RedWingzz

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
This is going to end badly

I don't think it is. The Wings have had like two arbitration cases that weren't settled and the verdict read prior to an agreement. If anything, it'll speed up the negotiations with Vrana. Why is everyone here scared of their own shadow when it comes to salary negotiation tactics? This is a damn sight better than Darren Ferris "We're gonna sign with the uncapped KHL if you don't up that value!"

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I don't think it is. The Wings have had like two arbitration cases that weren't settled and the verdict read prior to an agreement. If anything, it'll speed up the negotiations with Vrana. Why is everyone here scared of their own shadow when it comes to salary negotiation tactics? This is a damn sight better than Darren Ferris "We're gonna sign with the uncapped KHL if you don't up that value!"

I’m definitely not afraid but we’re not close to contender status and players could just as easily want to move on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad