Erik Karlsson vs Luke Shenn

Who will have the better carrer

article_27827_2.jpg

Vs

m2x00118_9.jpg

Who will have the better carrer

Dutch Dreams

Sep 20, 2009
Seriously? If you want to compare Ottawa and Toronto prospects then why not compare him to Cowen, who is a similar player?

This is like comparing Chris Campoli to Keith Aulie.

Hermit Wizard Eater

Nov 29, 2009
Karlsson. All Schenn really has on Karlsson is physical play and a slight edge in defensive play.

Karlsson's 40 points + that he'll have on Schenn every year makes him the superior defenseman.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Karlsson. All Schenn really has on Karlsson is physical play and a slight edge in defensive play.

Karlsson's 40 points + that he'll have on Schenn every year makes him the superior defenseman.

haha, that's cute. I'm also in line with the carrer fail in this thread.

Dutch Dreams

Sep 20, 2009
Carrer. That sounds French. Maybe that shows an Ottawa bias, haha...

Anyways, both have the potential to be top-pairing defensemen in this league, one a 2-way, shutdown guy and the other a straight-up offensive catalyst. They are the type of guys you make a pairing out of.

jgravessimcoe

Jun 21, 2009
niagara
I predict this thread will end with a clear consensus and no hurt feelings on either side!

this.

Its apples and oranges really.
If they both reach their full potentials I'd take schenn. Really good physical shutdown guys are harder to come by than really good puck movers. Im also impressed by the head on his shoulders.
With that being said, its still anyones game and I think anyone would be happy to have either of these young guys.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
apples and oranges.

Cowen/Schenn is a better comparison, but it's far too early to do that, since cowen hasnt even played in the NHL yet.

VL

Sep 22, 2009
The Pale Blue Dot
I'm disappointed that no one has asked who Luke Shenn is. As others have pointed out though, why are we discussing his carrer (and what is a carrer anyway)?

:sarcasm:

Dutch Dreams

Sep 20, 2009
Gunnarsson has yet to show any elite offensive potential. He's more of a no. 4, big-minute, stabilizing defenseman.

bzer

Jan 31, 2009
This thread is so confusing as others have pointed out. Shenn? Carrer?

And also, Schenn is not a prospect anymore. The man has played almost 150 games in the NHL lol.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Karlsson vs Schenn....

Drafted in the same year.......who do you think is the better prospect? i know they are two different type of d-men.....But with the game being as it is today i have to go with Karlsson no disrespect to Schenn id love to have him on the sens....

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON

Look how good his shot from the point is, and look at the beautiful breakout pass. He's going to be a franchise player.

Karlsson wins this HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad