Value of: Erik Karlsson - UFA. Will it happen? Where does he end up?

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Erik Karlsson is a (much?) better player than Tavares and Stamkos.

Rumors were crazy for Tavares and Stamkos the whole last season before they came due UFA. It's been extremely quiet in regards to Karlsson in comparison.

Why? I know he was just traded, but he hasn't signed yet and if anything - he's likely to have less loyalty to SJ than he would have had with Ott under better circumstances - so i would think his odds of hitting free agency should be quite high.

Do you think he hits free agency? If so who are the top teams in contention, and what offers will he get? What would you offer for him?

Simple...he’s not a Toronto Area Native like the other two...

The media exposure that the Toronto market produces is off the walls, as Hockey is Religon...

So I’d say that’s why there hasn’t been as much coverage. The Leafs have their own players to budget for and aren’t going to pursue him or atleast you’d think.

And that’s not a negative observation or opinion by the way

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
If the Sharks let Karlsson walk they have made a huge error somewhere. On the other hand i would love to watch the free market fight for him since i'm not a Shark fan. If he actually makes it into the market i think every team in the leauge with the means will look into signing him (Excluding Ottowa) and if that happens boy oh boy we are looking at McDavid money.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I think if he wants to get paid he will sign with San Jose. If he wants the best chance to win the Cup he gets paid less and signs with Tampa .

It would have to be wayyyyyy less. Tampa has a cap crunch next year as is.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Sorry if you cant find it. Not my fault if RDS/TSN use early 2000s website design.

You can’t find it, because you are misremembering the rumor. Per rumor, he wants to play for an American team and isn’t willing to resign in a Canadian market.

He later denied these claims.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Playoff result will fix it.
Karlsson said that he would like to back in east coast but , wife and him makes the decision at the end of the day

use google , pretty sure it was from lebrun or tsn

they were talking directly to him......

its been like months , im lazy go do ur job and search on TSN , i actually dont care where karlsson ends up anyways

Sorry if you cant find it. Not my fault if RDS/TSN use early 2000s website design.

I used Google. I found this from like months ago, and on this bizarre early 2000s style website.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/karlsson-i-m-extremely-happy-with-where-i-m-at-1.1218748

razor ray

May 8, 2011
I’ll buck the trend and go with Vegas. 7 years 12 per. I believe they made a play for him in the past and will go all in again.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
If that happens, will the fans weclome him back? Or will they see him in the light that the leafs fans see Nylander?
Nah his situation is nothing like Nylander. The Sens didnt want to give him a No move clause because Melnyk wanted to trade him and not pay him. The fans will welcome him with open arms.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That extra year he can get from SJ is a major factor but I've thought all along he would hit the market and sign with Tampa. I think he either re-signs for that extra year payday or leaves and signs in Tampa.

Jan 21, 2018
He deserves to be back in Ottawa. I can't even see San Jose fans being upset if that happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad