Value of: Erik Karlsson - UFA. Will it happen? Where does he end up?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think he ends up in San Jose. They gave up picks + prospects to get him so I think they are probably a bit more motivated to re-sign him (esp. after missing on JT. Wilson was desperate to land a difference maker and I think he will do everything he can to keep EK). Plus they can offer the 8th year.

They didn't give up much to get him. It seems Dorion put most of his efforts into making sure SJ didn't flip him to Tampa.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Over the summer, the big rumor was that he "wanted" to play in TB. I think that's not at all a possibility anymore, and I think the Sharks shaping into a contender (yet again) will be enough to keep him for 8 years. Honestly, I don't even think the number's going to be astronomical. Players want to win.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Over the summer, the big rumor was that he "wanted" to play in TB. I think that's not at all a possibility anymore, and I think the Sharks shaping into a contender (yet again) will be enough to keep him for 8 years. Honestly, I don't even think the number's going to be astronomical. Players want to win.

I never saw any rumor that he wanted to play in Tampa Bay either.

it would have had to be some new information, because i've never come across it when karlsson was in Ottawa

It’s one of those things where people think they can say it enough to will it into existence.

Empty Net Goal

Dec 27, 2013
All Alone
I love that both of these opinions can somehow coexist (not saying you believe it, but I've seen both on here)

1. Karlsson won't sign long term because the Sharks window is closing and they are old
2. Karlsson will sign with New York though who is just starting a rebuild

Every year for the past decade people say the sharks window is closing. Exactly how slow is this window moving?

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
I wouldn’t want my team to sign him (he’d never sign for Buffalo anyway).

Will be interesting to see what happens.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Why would i lie for this. Lmao do u think i care if u think i made that up.

Doesnt mean he will go to east , he might sign to freaking Dallas or Vancouver or stay in SJ lmao.

I don't know man, you say that karlsson said something, I ask you honestly where it's from because no one on here has heard about it, then you tell someone else to google it LOL, great job substantiating your claims

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Stay in San Jose or maybe Dallas or Vegas but I don't think they have the $ unless they can flip Benn or something.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
They didn't give up much to get him. It seems Dorion put most of his efforts into making sure SJ didn't flip him to Tampa.
For Karlsson, no.

But they still gave up a pretty good haul of assets - 2 pretty decent/good roster players, 2 good prospects + 1st and 2nd round picks .

I can’t imagine they’d be thrilled giving all that up for 1 year of Karlsson (unless they make the cup finals or something).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad