Erik Karlsson (Part 7)

Grinner

May 31, 2022
I guess the question here is - do you have any belief that Grier could get that in a negotiation with Holland?
Sure it seems the teams with deep play off asperations are making move. Many of them are major moves.

Grier is looking for prospects that fit his vision for the team.
He going to have a few years of having very high picks to load up on the franchise type players
Lets give him his shot. Not like we have any real say in the matter

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I guess the question here is - do you have any belief that Grier could get that in a negotiation with Holland?
Grier can get that but he can't help Holland solve the Oilers cap problems which extend over at least the next 2 seasons and then they have to find the money for Draisaitl's next deal. There is a desire to make a deal there. I want to see him go somewhere because his value is never going to be higher than today. Imagine this version of Karlsson on the Sharks in 18-19. Imagine dropping the Norris trophy winner in his career best year onto a team in a playoff run this year. He's a potential grenade in every other clubs plans and a story worth cheering for on his own. "Wow you guys got Jeannott. Why didn't we think of that? Meet Erik" :)

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Grier can get that but he can't help Holland solve the Oilers cap problems which extend over at least the next 2 seasons and then they have to find the money for Draisaitl's next deal. There is a desire to make a deal there. I want to see him go somewhere because his value is never going to be higher than today. Imagine this version of Karlsson on the Sharks in 18-19. Imagine dropping the Norris trophy winner in his career best year onto a team in a playoff run this year. He's a potential grenade in every other clubs plans and a story worth cheering for on his own. "Wow you guys got Jeannott. Why didn't we think of that? Meet Erik" :)

The problem is that Holland would have to give up 3-4 roster players which could damage the chemistry in the room. I'm pretty sure I heard that he was hesitant about making such a big move like that until the summer for those reasons. But ultimately, McDrai have three more runs together before Leon's next contract, and if McDavid walks into my office and really wants it to happen, I'd be hard pressed to hold off. Even if Karl isn't 1.30 PPG level next season, he doesn't have to be the #1 offensive threat (or #2), which he has had to be this season and from 2013-18. (If he was at this elite level the last four seasons he would have been the best offensive threat over Burns or Hertl/Meier/Kane/Pavelski/Couture.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad