Erik Karlsson (Part 7)

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Well his rebuilding remarks aren’t going to endear him to fans. Maybe his on ice play will improve and do the endearing instead... Mr. Didn’t Sing for. A Rebuild Karlsson.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Looked awful defensively tonight, unable to get from place to place quickly and break up plays. I’m hoping it was just fatigue because he had been playing excellent up until this one.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well his rebuilding remarks aren’t going to endear him to fans. Maybe his on ice play will improve and do the endearing instead... Mr. Didn’t Sing for. A Rebuild Karlsson.

Don't think most fans of the Sharks really give a shit about his comments. They're not a rebuilding team.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Looked awful defensively tonight, unable to get from place to place quickly and break up plays. I’m hoping it was just fatigue because he had been playing excellent up until this one.

Until the skating shows signs of worsening then there's not a reason to worry. We know both he and Burns will have off games defensively.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I think the skating was the issue, though. He was not able to get to pucks like he is when healthy.

He still got up ice pretty good on offense. I wouldn't read too much into it unless it becomes a pattern over multiple games. They have been limiting him to under 24 minutes and on the 2nd night of a back to back, especially after one where he was skating up and down the ice a ton yesterday, it's not surprising he was at 20:09 tonight.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I think the skating was the issue, though. He was not able to get to pucks like he is when healthy.

First 10 minutes of the game the camera showed him on the bench with his glove off, seemingly feeling his groin. Kinda struck me as odd and I wondered if he was hurt but he went out and played the rest of the game

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The main boards are a cancer when it comes to EK. He’s playing well so they can’t bash him in the 1 thread, so they just create another one to bash him instead.

f***ing pissants.

Reactions: Alwalys

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I mean, to be fair to the dude, he literally said he signed in SJ originally so he’d be on a team that would compete every year. I like when players are honest - I don’t think anyone expects their star players to be like, “yeah I don’t care about competing i just wanna hang out in this fun city!”

Right he is being called out because he wants to win. I would be more concerned if he said yes i am happy with the direction the team is headed.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
The main boards I'm this case have a point. Until he came back from injury Karlsson was part of the problem. Overall he has not lived up to his contract yet. We are paying him best defensemen in the world money, and he hasn't played like it during the contract. Paying him as we are is part of why the team is in salary cap hell. Nothing he can do about the Vlassic or Jones contract but so far he is right behind them for bad contracts on this team.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Aging star signs long term contract and doesn't want to be in a rebuild but thinks they can win with these pieces.... Ok seems logical

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The main boards are a cancer when it comes to EK. He’s playing well so they can’t bash him in the 1 thread, so they just create another one to bash him instead.

f***ing pissants.
Ottawa fan. I’m coming here to read real shit on him. Relying on nation media and main boards gives people about 5% of the story.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Ottawa fan. I’m coming here to read real shit on him. Relying on nation media and main boards gives people about 5% of the story.
Even among sharks fans there are a lot of Debbie downers regarding Karlsson who blame him for pavelski leaving and are hyper critical of anything he does.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Even among sharks fans there are a lot of Debbie downers regarding Karlsson who blame him for pavelski leaving and are hyper critical of anything he does.
He’s hasn’t been very good most of his time as a Shark and he’s the highest paid player in Sharks history. I don’t understand why so many fans here give him a pass and make excuses for him.

Btw....I think DW was going to let Pavs walk regardless of signing this Prima Donna. Just like he let Patty walk.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He’s hasn’t been very good most of his time as a Shark and he’s the highest paid player in Sharks history. I don’t understand why so many fans here give him a pass and make excuses for him.

Btw....I think DW was going to let Pavs walk regardless of signing this Prima Donna. Just like he let Patty walk.

What makes Karlsson a prima donna?

Reactions: Beville

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I do not believe this is accurate. There was talk about Pavs being offered 2 years but not 3 like Dallas did.

Also, fans here are actually pretty hard on Karlsson. If you feel like he is getting a pass here then you are being very selective in reading posts.

Danvilleshark

Mar 10, 2021

Pavs wanted to stay, They were one year apart.

Danvilleshark

Mar 10, 2021
I have been critical of EK65. It is not an effort or attitude issue. He has just not played to the contract he was given. He seems to be playing better now but we are about to see the team play some serious contenders. Lets see how the next three games go.

Reactions: Desert Eagle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->