Erik Karlsson (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
He stay? Or he go?
Going to say that we will know one way or another by the draft. If he is staying, Braun is getting flipped for picks in this year's draft 100% and Dillon probably does as well to clear cap space. If he goes, those two are most likely finishing out the final year of their deals with the team and then potentially being flipped for picks at the deadline if we aren't contending.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Going to say that we will know one way or another by the draft. If he is staying, Braun is getting flipped for picks in this year's draft 100% and Dillon probably does as well to clear cap space. If he goes, those two are most likely finishing out the final year of their deals with the team and then potentially being flipped for picks at the deadline if we aren't contending.

I think this is what is delaying the announcement, DW need to make some moves and those will happen and then it gets announced.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I think you have the right idea. If we see Braun and/or Dillon moving before the draft, I would guess that EK65 is re-signing or we are trading for a different guy.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I swear I thought there was a rule that we could go over the salary cap by X% in the off-season as long as it was resolved by the start of the season.

Is that not the case?
That is a rule. I think it is more due to having less leverage to get a decent return on those guys if we announce EK65 and then try and trade them. I don't think that is actually happening, but I guess there could be a chance that DW has a handshake deal in place and is trying to move those guys before it gets announced. That said, surely the rest of the hockey world is smart enough to realize that if we are moving those two then EK65 is coming back so the point is null.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
I swear I thought there was a rule that we could go over the salary cap by X% in the off-season as long as it was resolved by the start of the season.

Is that not the case?
I want to say it's 10%. Vegas is over the supposed $83M cap right now according to CapFriendly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fistfullofbeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad