Erik Karlsson (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I would give an injured EK65 the max if he demanded that PDB and co. be let go.
Okay coach, but does not give guys like Pavelski/Thornton/et al the best chance to win a cup.
DW: "Pete just got off the phone with Karlsson's agent. He said he will take a big discount if we get a better PP coach."
PDB: "Forget it"

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
At this point, is there any team out there that's gonna be willing to sign EK65 for what he wants after an injury-riddled season like this? I think that's gonna play to our advantage. Like it was with Thornton after the knee injury, the Sharks know the most about what's going on with him and he can get proper treatment here without much concern about extraneous factors.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
DW: "Pete just got off the phone with Karlsson's agent. He said he will take a big discount if we get a better PP coach."
PDB: "Forget it"

PDB: Braun shows a lot of PP potential. Maybe Sorensen at the point.

Reactions: Phu

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I'm glad I'm not in DW's position. It's either home run or clear miss when working out this contract with EK

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
At this point, is there any team out there that's gonna be willing to sign EK65 for what he wants after an injury-riddled season like this? I think that's gonna play to our advantage. Like it was with Thornton after the knee injury, the Sharks know the most about what's going on with him and he can get proper treatment here without much concern about extraneous factors.

I know there is literally no chance of it happening, but I’d love to sign Karlsson for one year. Sort of a sorry I was useless for over the half the season contract, let’s try this again, that also lets him (hopefully) reestablish his dominance next year when healthy so he can truely cash in the year after, with us or someone else.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I'm okay with game 5 being Karl's last game in teal. I feel like Heed would've been better in all areas this series. Heed always looks great on the 2nd PP too.

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
You have to think that ek65 requests a coach that would implement a system that benefits him a little more, if he stays. I would welcome that, as it would probably benefit brent burns even more too.

Reactions: fasterthanlight

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
You have to think that ek65 requests a coach that would implement a system that benefits him a little more, if he stays. I would welcome that, as it would probably benefit brent burns even more too.

I think it'd benefit guys like Hertl, Couture, Labanc, and Kane. But letting those guys roam could be a detriment to slower guys like Pavelski and Thornton. I think that's one thing the coaches have had to juggle.

Reactions: RickyHP

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I'm okay with game 5 being Karl's last game in teal. I feel like Heed would've been better in all areas this series. Heed always looks great on the 2nd PP too.

Just no. Heed would not have been better in all areas - ridiculous especially considering Karlsson is equal second on points on the team with 16.
Should have Heed played Game 5 yes, but its ridiculous to say that he would have been better this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad