Erik Karlsson on the ice for 7 of the 8 Habs goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
I was hoping to not see a thread about this from a Habs fan, since we are in no position to gloat about anything lately, but I was hoping for too much I guess.

I just see it as a bad game, nothing more, nothing less. It happens to the best of em, and I would still take him on my team any day of the week.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
The fact the OPs avatar is next to the title of the thread makes this seem way different than it was probably meant, unless that's exactly why he has that avatar....

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
So you're saying this is a game like any other from Karlsson. Is that a proper assessment? That is what my post was about. So what if I chose not very good instead of awful. Like who cares?? Your life can't be that boring.

I actually have lots of fun.
And the worst thing is, you're probably paying me for it :)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There are three types of people in this thread:

1. Some combination of Habs, Leafs and Kings fans who have been counting the games waiting to gloat.

2. Sens fans desperately trying to deflect away from a poor game by Karlsson and his team.

3. Normal people who acknowledge that it’s one game in an 82-game season.

Never change HF.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I was hoping to not see a thread about this from a Habs fan, since we are in no position to gloat about anything lately, but I was hoping for too much I guess.

I just see it as a bad game, nothing more, nothing less. It happens to the best of em, and I would still take him on my team any day of the week.

This.

As a Sens fan, I fully acknowledge Karlsson looked like garbage last night. But it is one game, and hopefully it is more the flu causing it than his foot because it would be a shame if he went to shit now.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
As a Habs fan, I'm happy Karlsson made mistakes last night. As a hockey fan, I think he's terrific on and off the ice.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
I actually have lots of fun.
And the worst thing is, you're probably paying me for it :)
So when you're not having fun you're in here playing grammar cop. Got to find a balance I guess. Smart man.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement

Karlsson doing this against any team is bad. Really bad. He happenned to do that under the Habs magnifying glass. No wonder why people don't get it when he wins a Norris. He's having these games once in a while.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
TJ Brodie was even in a 8-0 loss to Boston way back when... with like 24 minutes of ice time too.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
"I think I've definitely had way worse games and got away with it. Today was not one of those nights."

Well, according to EK this wasn't even the worst game of his career, so I guess some people have some box scores and videos to scour. :sarcasm:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Other examples of terrible nights by elite Dmen;

Ryan Suter was a -6 in an 8-5 loss to SJ
Scott Stevens was a -6 in a 7-0 loss to NYI
Gary Suter was a -6 in a 9-4 loss to LA
Paul Coffey was a -6 in a 7-2 loss to LA

As fascinating as it is drudging up the lowlights of elite dmen, it doesn't change that Karlsson had a terrible game, just points out that he has some good company. Btw, if you expand the search to include guys who were -5, you can add Weber, Neidermayer, Pietrangelo, Keith, Letang, Hedman, Bourque, Blake, and a host of others.

Reactions: Slimmy

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
upload_2017-10-31_8-40-45.png

what really is the worst +- stat in a single game all time ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce