Confirmed with Link: Erik Karlsson named captain

nwaZ*

Nice to have another Swede captaining an NHL-team. Good luck to the Senators.

He may be a little 'new to the game' but everything points to E.K being a great guy so I think it's a good choice.

RedSeven*

"Lightning coach Jon Cooper has nothing but respect for D Erik Karlsson. "The one thing you really have to watch is Karlsson. He's the straw that stirs the drink," said Cooper. "Karlsson is so fast he can beat out his own his icing. There is truth to that. He gets the puck, he controls everything that goes on the ice, he plays the game skating forwards, he knows how to gap, he knows how to put you in positions to make you get rid of the puck -- especially for a guy that's not very big -- and he really can use his feet. When you try to get him down low, he can still beat you back up ice. You've got to continually make him work, but the problem is it seems like he never gets tired. For me, this league has so many talented players, but I put him on the top echelon because he's really dynamic. You have to watch him because he gets that puck and he's magical to watch. I like watching him play." ... Karlsson made himself noticed physically by laying a big open-ice hit on Ryan Callahan in the first."

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Exactly. When he has an off night, we lose. Which goes to show you how he is clearly the team's MVP.

You should have read what the new hockeybuzz sens writer said;

Well, I am not sure what the changes for defensive zone coverage are, but I managed to sneak into the dressing room and saw the plans for the new breakout on the whiteboard*. Here is what the plan is going to be for getting out of their own end**:

1. If your name is Erik Karlsson, skate it out.
2. If your name is not Erik Karlsson, pass it to Erik Karlsson.
3. If you look up and Erik Karlsson is not on the ice, dump it out off the glass and then go to the bench so you can be replaced by Erik Karlsson
4. If Erik Karlsson has the puck, get out of the way and support his leading the rush.
5. If your name is Erik Karlsson, shoot the puck on the net
6. If your name is not Erik Karlsson, go to the net so you can get a rebound or Erik Karlsson can use you to bounce the puck in off of.

*I didn't really sneak into the Senators dressing room
**This may or may not be the real plan, although it probably should be

Source:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jare...-Good-Thing-But-Masks-Bigger-Issues/215/63007

Karlsson2Turris*

You should have read what the new hockeybuzz sens writer said;

Well, I am not sure what the changes for defensive zone coverage are, but I managed to sneak into the dressing room and saw the plans for the new breakout on the whiteboard*. Here is what the plan is going to be for getting out of their own end**:

1. If your name is Erik Karlsson, skate it out.
2. If your name is not Erik Karlsson, pass it to Erik Karlsson.
3. If you look up and Erik Karlsson is not on the ice, dump it out off the glass and then go to the bench so you can be replaced by Erik Karlsson
4. If Erik Karlsson has the puck, get out of the way and support his leading the rush.
5. If your name is Erik Karlsson, shoot the puck on the net
6. If your name is not Erik Karlsson, go to the net so you can get a rebound or Erik Karlsson can use you to bounce the puck in off of.

*I didn't really sneak into the Senators dressing room
**This may or may not be the real plan, although it probably should be

Source:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jare...-Good-Thing-But-Masks-Bigger-Issues/215/63007

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad