Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
if a contract is in place (max value), there will be no effect on his value at the deadline

as a rental it will also be equivalent (as his current rental value) or greater with teams knowing exactly where they are in the season and a rental market being established

I don't think there is an effect on his value between now and the deadline, zero reason for there to be. However - I think Ottawa would definitely like to pull the trigger prior to the season just because if we don't it likely makes for a drama filled few months.

His value is only what another team is willing to pay. The best of those offers. You don't have the option to keep him, realistically, so it's not like you're actually giving up a huge amount. Ottawa's management screwed them into this situation. What the other team is getting doesn't matter, because that's not what Ottawa's giving up. Ottawa can't trade one year/two months of a disgruntled Erik Karlsson and expect to get value for 8/9 years of a happy Erik Karlsson. Not unless they can drive a bidding war to that point.

His value gets reduced as teams begin to spend assets elsewhere. TB is probably going to do that any time. And when they do? They're out of the running on Karlsson both now and at the TDL. That drives his value down, because it's a major player out of the bidding war. They won't be the only one.

Teams don't like giving up roster pieces at the deadline. Ottawa's best chance to get real value is right now, with three (+?) teams in the bidding. They can gamble on some team going nuts for him at the TDL, but I doubt a contender is going to be willing to shake up their roster like that.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I think that'd be great theater - to see Sens fans loose their collective minds over getting zero value from him when he walks in the summer.

Atleast they'd have cap space to sign the likes of Myers, Bouwmeester and Edler instead ....lol.

NYI didn't trade Tavares at the deadline because told them he still wanted to be there. I don't think Ottawa is under any such illusions with Karlsson (at least I hope not...)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
After EM confirmed along with most every other news outlet,that there was an offer to buy the team...We have been under a cone of silence,and Ottawa has done nothing in terms of signing its players or doing anything but the very basic....

So it could very well that Ottawa is in the process of being sold,and that EK never leaves....And this whole process is nothing more than overhype by the media

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Good then we are settled then...
Nope, nothing of value added by you as usual.
Ottawa doesn't have any leverage cause everyone knows Karlsson wants out (except for you shockingly). Hence why you're in Karlsson threads about his inevitable trade. Yet, you challenge another person about him even leaving Ottawa? Smart...
edit: oh, and stop saying "resign"...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Nope, nothing of value added by you as usual.
Ottawa doesn't have any leverage cause everyone knows Karlsson wants out (except for you shockingly). Hence why you're in Karlsson threads about his inevitable trade. Yet, you challenge another person about him even leaving Ottawa? Smart...
edit: oh, and stop saying "resign"...
I unlike you can see many more options ,that could happen with EK...But as usual you choose to not too..Because it doesnt fit your narative ,so keep going I have time to play with you...

Reactions: BigCanadian

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
I unlike you can see many more options ,that could happen with EK...But as usual you choose to not too..Because it doesnt fit your narative ,so keep going I have time to play with you...
I know you have all the time in the world (looking at your post count).
I see realistic options, not "I hope this and that". Time keeps on ticking, Karlsson keeps getting closer to leaving by day.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Whbat would be the closest hockey equivalent of the Kawhi for DeRozan trade? Karlsson for Subban?

Throw in a prospect (not Tolavanen or Fabbro since the Raps kept OG and Siakam) and a pick and that's probably as close a comp as you'll get in the NHL.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I know you have all the time in the world (looking at your post count).
I see realistic options, not "I hope this and that". Time keeps on ticking, Karlsson keeps getting closer to leaving by day.
Yep ,i have the luxury of having a good job that allows me to do what I like....As far as the bolded ,you really are just doing the exact same ,but for some reason you choose to not see it

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Denial is the first stage of grief.
What grief????We dont have an owner and havent had one for the 26 seasons I have watched the team...If we do get one that is willing to do what it takes,then likely EK stays....

Which is also why i stated a fact,when I said we have had little to no actual news after we heard that there was an offer to buy the club....

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
What grief????We dont have an owner and havent had one for the 26 seasons I have watched the team...If we do get one that is willing to do what it takes,then likely EK stays....

Which is also why i stated a fact,when I said we have had little to no actual news after we heard that there was an offer to buy the club....
When were these offers? Latest I read, Report: Eugene Melnyk declines offer to sell Senators .

Reactions: iSophagus

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
So there was an offer???And there has been absolutely no actual news, signings or anything else... That would make this actual offseason make sense,since that quote......We have literally done nothing,we signed two ahl players and hired our head scout,s brother to coach the AHL team....
Wait, so I provided proof that the team has no intention of being sold (that is the news, no extra news on the subject needed, case closed). Confirmed by Bill Daly, and you are still grasping that the team might be sold????
Once again, I'm talking about realistic options for EK, no "hope for this and that"....

Reactions: iSophagus

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I looked up Ottawa sale rumors on google and see only talk refuting that he is selling. Where are you seeing that he might sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad