Erik Karlsson IV: Best defenceman in the league. Mod Note: CONFIRMED

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Respect, g.

I agree with that word fully. He dragged the whole team (with help, but he was a major catalyst) out of the dumps when MacLean was changed out for Cameron.

I remember his Draft day when he came around to the Sens table and sat after his media interviews to talk to people. He was excited for sure, and it rubbed off on everyone who could hear him talk. He's backed that passion up with his play since he stepped on the ice as a Sen. He will be our 1st HOF player in the current generation. Maybe Alfie, but Karlsson is a no-brainer.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I might have some issue with some of Vesa's glass-half-empty posts, but let's not go all "no true scotsman" on him.

Just because he's pessimistic by nature, doesn't mean he's not a fan.

True dat.

There's nothing wrong with constructive, well thought-out pessimism :laugh:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I might have some issue with some of Vesa's glass-half-empty posts, but let's not go all "no true scotsman" on him.

Just because he's pessimistic by nature, doesn't mean he's not a fan.

I wouldnt even say im a pessimist. I just call it as i see it. I find i have a pretty balanced view. The only thing it can really be said im negative about are some contracts, the defense and trade history. Coincidently those have been some aspects of the team that look poor. Bottom ten defense 5 years in a row and im not willing to give murray the benifit or the doubt now that theres been a few crappy trades in a row.

I mean im more optimistic when is comes to some thing then others. I liked Hoffman. I believe Prince is going to be a good NHL player. I think Lazar certainly has decent offensive upside on the wing. I like outside last year this team's drafting history. I was one of the few people who thought we could make the playoffs this year. I thought we should comfortably br making the playoffs next year at the beginning of this season

Last edited:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Mod Note: Confirmed :laugh:

If you argue till you're blue about the supposed defensive holes in the game, you'll miss a brilliant career of one of the best players of this generation.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
NO.....

But seriously you know despite all the bs that happens on the mainboard and poll sections there quite a few sens fans on this board that find time to state their admiration for Subban's game and his personality.
I include myself amoung those sens fans and i honestly feel that Subban's game is more enjoyable to watch then karlsson's.
Were lucky that there is still a few very exciting defensemen reminsent of decades past stars like Coffey and Orr

WTF?
is there one other fan on any of the boards that would agree with that statement?
serious question.

is there ONE other person here who thinks that Subban's game is more enjoyable to watch.
not better,, not different, not offence or defence. MORE ENJOYABLE TO WATCH.

if there is one single attribute that i would have thought would be universally agreed upon regardless of how you stack up players in the league would be that he is likely THE MOST enjoyable player in the league to watch play hockey. not defenceman. player.

id like a poll. now. i predict ZERO people to agree with that.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
WTF?
is there one other fan on any of the boards that would agree with that statement?
serious question.

is there ONE other person here who thinks that Subban's game is more enjoyable to watch.
not better,, not different, not offence or defence. MORE ENJOYABLE TO WATCH.

if there is one single attribute that i would have thought would be universally agreed upon regardless of how you stack up players in the league would be that he is likely THE MOST enjoyable player in the league to watch play hockey. not defenceman. player.

id like a poll. now. i predict ZERO people to agree with that.

Thats me personally. I feel karlsson is more quick strike north south. Subban holds the puck longer and goes more east west which seems to back fire more then karlsson but it looks pretty when its succesful. Im surprised you are so angry by one persons subjective opinion. I mean im sure tons of other people prefer Karlsson's game and im in the minority

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
People have their opinions. Only time Subban is more exciting than EK for me is when he receives one timers on the PP.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
People have their opinions. Only time Subban is more exciting than EK for me is when he receives one timers on the PP.

He's pretty entertaining when he's lining people up for giant hits too (see Marchand, Brad). I think they're both highly entertaining players, probably the two most entertaining defecemen in the league. Don't know why people would be so up in arms about someone saying Subban is more entertaining than Karlsson.

BigBush*

And when Subban is jumping up and down like an idiot while his team is beginning to unravel. That's really entertaining

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
He's pretty entertaining when he's lining people up for giant hits too (see Marchand, Brad). I think they're both highly entertaining players, probably the two most entertaining defecemen in the league. Don't know why people would be so up in arms about someone saying Subban is more entertaining than Karlsson.

Probably because im a sens fan who thinks it and i automatically have to support my players in every single debate :laugh:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
When he twirls and the Montreal crowd goes nuts is also highly amusing

Especially with how predictable he is when it comes to twirling

As soon as things start looking dire Subban loves to twirl, it almost never works and, even better, he usually turns it over

It (almost) never fails, I called it multiple times in Game 5 this year and against the Rangers last year

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

As soon as things start looking dire Subban loves to twirl, it almost never works and, even better, he usually turns it over

It (almost) never fails, I called it multiple times in Game 5 this year and against the Rangers last year

Bs3Ld7tomBRC0.gif

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The thing with the little twirls is they don't really do much. Nobody bites on them anymore so it's basically Subban controlling the puck along the boards.

A lot of star players are really good at controlling the puck along the boards - I love players who can do that. Alfredsson and Hossa come to mind.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

I find the juke and then spin move highly enjoyable and effective when i play sports. lol

Then again i found it terribly enjoyable to scream at the top of the of your lungs when about to hit someone or are charging at someone at full speed. I also found it enjoyable to jersey myself after scoring goals in soccer or do helicopter cilies, air plane celies and bird celiers lmao.

Gosh darn i feel inspired to play some ball hockey, football or soccer now. Damn ill probably even play some soft ball and do some spin moves on the base paths

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I respect Vesa's opinion but I dont think theres a more enjoyable and dynamic player in the league to watch than Ek. Subban does not hang on to the puck more than EK though, maybe a bit in o-zone but watching Karlsson break up a breakaway attempt and go the other way to set up vital game winner is a constant and beautiful view to watch night in and night out.

if that was Subban he woulda broken up breakaway pass and probably just stayed on crosby in corner hitting him from the back acting like he did the impossible and maybe even drawing penalty on himself lol.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
subban goes around players, karlsson goes through player. Rarely does Karlsson have to push the puck to the outside and protect, or be forced into a spinoroma to hold on to a puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad