Erik Karlsson IV: Best defenceman in the league. Mod Note: CONFIRMED

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The girl is looking at his hair well gritting her teeth and judging him. How can he command the respect of his peers?

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
CIS7QFbUwAAPErU.jpg

my gosh he's rocking the man bun

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
The girl is looking at his hair well gritting her teeth and judging him. How can he command the respect of his peers?

She is jealous because he is a guy and yet so much sexier then she is. She's like... I couldn't even rock that hair and the only talent I have is being pretty.

WhiteLight*

Rocking that hair takes confidence. Kalrsson don't give a crap what you think. Great captain.

WhiteLight*

Sounds like a sociopath who does whatever he wants refusing to adhere to society(and his teammates) best interests

Wait you're serious? :loony:

You realize you're talking about someone's hair? That he obvious takes care of and uses conditioner on?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Wait you're serious? :loony:

You realize you're talking about someone's hair? That he obvious takes care of and uses conditioner on?

All im saying is i wouldnt be surprised if Ottawa never wins a cup well Karlsson has long hair. Come to think of it Ottawa was a pretty damn good team before karlsson and his long hippy doo and love yourself attitude came into the organization

Phillips is clearly the real leader of the team. Taking Ceci under his wing, never causing trouble and being a leader. What type of hair does Phillips have? Balding hair... A leader's hair. Julius Caesar hair

WhiteLight*

All im saying is i wouldnt be surprised if Ottawa never wins a cup well Karlsson has long hair. Come to think of it Ottawa was a pretty damn good team before karlsson and his long hippy doo and love yourself attitude came into the organization

Phillips is clearly the real leader of the team. Taking Ceci under his wing, never causing trouble and being a leader. What type of hair does Phillips have? Balding hair... A leader's hair. Julius Caesar hair

LOLz. Ok. I get it.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.

What about Getzlaf, he won the cup when he still had hair and hasn't even made it to the finals since he's started balding?

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Here's a question for you guys, say Karlsson was 6'4" and 230lbs (Weber sized) but played the exact same style of game, would the majority of people suddenly consider him as an elite defensive player solely because of his big frame?

I think yes, people would instantly assume that since he can play that well offensively and has a big, imposing body, he is instantly one of the best in the world even though he wouldn't use his size. They would probably try and justify it by saying that he doesn't need to use his body but can when he wants to. (Which is exactly what he proved in the playoffs)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Here's a question for you guys, say Karlsson was 6'4" and 230lbs (Weber sized) but played the exact same style of game, would the majority of people suddenly consider him as an elite defensive player solely because of his big frame?

I think yes, people would instantly assume that since he can play that well offensively and has a big, imposing body, he is instantly one of the best in the world even though he wouldn't use his size. They would probably try and justify it by saying that he doesn't need to use his body but can when he wants to. (Which is exactly what he proved in the playoffs)

No doubt. It's like Dion Phaneuf. Dude is big and throws some cool hits, then people assume he's really good at physical, shutdown hockey.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It has less to do with Karlsson's size and more to do with his offensive production. No one other than Sens fans wants to see the Norris become Karlsson's end of the year participation trophy. To these people EK has to be sub-par defensively. Barring a truly special season from a competitor or a disappointing season from Karl, he's likely going to lead the league in points for defensemen every year. If he's at the top of the league offensively and is comparable to his competitors defensively, he'll be a shoe-in for the Norris. This is why the myth that Karlsson sucks defensively persists in the minds of so many. If he's recognized as a strong defensive player what's stopping him from monopolizing the Norris trophy? Not a whole lot.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Habs/Sharks fan here...

Wishing Karlsson a big congratulations on the win. He's an amazing player and seems like a really awesome guy. I hope I run into him sometime, as I live in Ottawa. :)

Subban is easily my favourite player in the league and has been for years, but Karlsson is quickly becoming not only one of my favourite d-men, but one of my favourite players. Not that I can grow a good beard yet, but I even told my mom I'd like to grow facial hair like Karlsson. She asked who Karlsson is... :laugh: He's got awesome hair too, which I'm also jealous of.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Habs/Sharks fan here...

Wishing Karlsson a big congratulations on the win. He's an amazing player and seems like a really awesome guy. I hope I run into him sometime, as I live in Ottawa. :)

Subban is easily my favourite player in the league and has been for years, but Karlsson is quickly becoming not only one of my favourite d-men, but one of my favourite players. Not that I can grow a good beard yet, but I even told my mom I'd like to grow facial hair like Karlsson. She asked who Karlsson is... :laugh: He's got awesome hair too, which I'm also jealous of.

Did karlsson cut his hair and start acting like a captain?

Sounds like a sociopath who does whatever he wants refusing to adhere to society(and his teammates) best interests

NO.....

But seriously you know despite all the bs that happens on the mainboard and poll sections there quite a few sens fans on this board that find time to state their admiration for Subban's game and his personality. I include myself amoung those sens fans and i honestly feel that Subban's game is more enjoyable to watch then karlsson's. Were lucky that there is still a few very exciting defensemen reminsent of decades past stars like Coffey and Orr

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

6'4" with that kind of speed? :amazed:

You would have to have the paramedics right at the boards, cause one hit at that speed............

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
NO.....

But seriously you know despite all the bs that happens on the mainboard and poll sections there quite a few sens fans on this board that find time to state their admiration for Subban's game and his personality. I include myself amoung those sens fans and i honestly feel that Subban's game is more enjoyable to watch then karlsson's. Were lucky that there is still a few very exciting defensemen reminsent of decades past stars like Coffey and Orr

Then you aren't a true Sens fan, judging by your posts.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

A 6'4 player is never going to be close to the skater Karlsson is and therefore can't play like him. Many people think size = good defensively which is very often not the case.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Habs/Sharks fan here...

Respect, g.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad